Should I Have Asked This Girl Out?

I was just kinda joking around man, I didn’t mean to “call you out” or anything.

If you used to work in the service industry, you know $10 on a $20 tab is nothing special to a bartender. You got to stay an hour after close, and drink after last call, so you have to tip a little extra for those favors. Its not like you gave her a 100. All is not lost.

Oh, well the problem with the internet is that it has no context. So it is hard to read humor. My bad.

I saw your smiley face! But I forgot to include one myself. Truce!

Like push says, post pictures so we can live vicariously through you.

[quote]Aero51 wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]Aero51 wrote:

[quote]FlatsFarmer wrote:
Be careful flashing money to impress girls who are pros at getting money from guys! The bartender at Hooters has 12 “boyfriends!”

Young engineers are notorious for having money, but not experience. [/quote]

I wasn’t flashing money I was giving her a tip because I felt bad for her. The person was a total dick. I try to be a decent person because today I feel like most people are just concerned with their dumbass facebook fame or their selfies on instagram. God forbid someone acts like a decent human being. People today really annoy me but that is another topic.

Plus, I don’t have much money. Student loans baby :)[/quote]

No you didn’t give her money because you felt bad for her. You gave her money because she’s pretty and she talked to you. Do you give money to EVERYONE you feel bad for?

Nope.

You also don’t give money to every pretty girl you feel bad for. You gave money to this girl because she’s pretty and spoke to you. She was in a shitty situation and you felt like giving her a Jackson then she’d think you’re an a-ok number 1 kinda guy.

You wanted her to remember you and you thought giving her a larger than expected tip would increase the odds of this happening (her remembering you). In essence, you deposited a primer into her subconscious so the next time she saw you she’d immediately associate you with the feeling she felt when you gave her the tip (happines? Hope? My savior? Seriously, what WAS your motivation?).

Her associating that $20 spot with you would likely increase the chances that she’d associate you with happiness. Intentional or not, you screwed the pooch.

To be honest, the more I think about it the more I kind of want to punch you in the face, you unintentionally manipulative bastard. You basically put this poor girl in an awkward position and nudged yourself out of starting anything real with this girl. Even if you wanted to ask her out, her agreement would be based on obligation because you wanted to be a nice guy and throw some extra cash her way.

You basically paid for the increased probability of getting her to go out with you. If she has any integrity, if you ever do work up the cajones to go back in there to ask her out, she’ll flat out say no. And it’ll serve you right. You liked her, you and her conversed, so you gave her a fucking ridiculous tip based on a situation I’m sure she’s well equipment to deal with. This is a future payment for some sort of preference - motivation be damned. Good job, Don Juan, you really fucked up any chance of anything legitimate with that move. TBH, I hope she played your ass and came away with a better tip than she would have if she didn’t play the despair card. At least you’ll have learned a life lesson.

Also, keep in mind she’s a bartender. She chose to tend bar. She puts up with this shit probably on a daily basis (when she works). I’m sure she’s well equipped to deal with it. This is why I think she played your ass. And I’m not even saying or implying she’s wrong for doing it. I like to think she’s probably a nice person and you’re just a dumb dumb who over tipped because you wanted to, what? spare her feelings? That’s pretty fucking insulting tbh.

[/quote]

I don’t even know how to reply to this. You just made up a bunch of garbage based on facts that don’t exist. Punch me through the internet tough guy.[/quote]

Nope. But that’s fine if you don’t want to consider what someone who took the time to reply and has plenty of experience on you has to say on a subject they know a little bit more about than you (especially since you seem to seek out a lot of advice).

Especially someone who’s legitimately responded to you in what is usually a jovial and sincere manner.

I guess next time you should probably just ask a friend in your real life, assuming they exist. But, even if you did, and they told you something you didn’t like, I’m going to go ahead, based off of your reply and lack of appreciation here, and assume that you’ll probably dismiss anything they have to say.

Continue to only listen to that which aligns with your narrow world perspective and don’t heed any advice which you deem insignificant. You seem to have so much more experience and insight.

Before I bow out, here’s another piece of advice you’ll most likely discard: when viewed with grains of salt, humor, and humility, most advice, however shitty, irrelevant or ridiculous, has something from which you can take.

Go ahead and re-read what I wrote and consider it. I’m not wrong on this. And you didn’t even answer what your motivation was for throwing down a 40% tip to a bartender you do not know.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[/quote]

Yeah, we don’t do this shit for free.[/quote]

Could you imagine if we got paid for this?

We’d be living in a house on a bunch of land in Montana, shooting guns, drinking whiskey, riding horses, chasing lasses, and working out all day…

oh, nevermind.

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[/quote]

Yeah, we don’t do this shit for free.[/quote]

Could you imagine if we got paid for this?

We’d be living in a house on a bunch of land in Montana, shooting guns, drinking whiskey, riding horses, chasing lasses, and working out all day…

oh, nevermind.
[/quote]

…or sitting in Chicago playing on the webz whilst our minions are busy trading and building us a fortune… 8)

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]Aero51 wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]Aero51 wrote:

Be careful flashing money to impress girls who are pros at getting money from guys! The bartender at Hooters has 12 “boyfriends!”

I wasn’t flashing money I was giving her a tip because I felt bad for her. The person was a total dick. I try to be a decent person because today I feel like most people are just concerned with their dumbass facebook fame or their selfies on instagram. God forbid someone acts like a decent human being. People today really annoy me but that is another topic.

No you didn’t give her money because you felt bad for her. You gave her money because she’s pretty and she talked to you. Do you give money to EVERYONE you feel bad for?

Nope.

You also don’t give money to every pretty girl you feel bad for. You gave money to this girl because she’s pretty and spoke to you. She was in a shitty situation and you felt like giving her a Jackson then she’d think you’re an a-ok number 1 kinda guy.

You wanted her to remember you and you thought giving her a larger than expected tip would increase the odds of this happening (her remembering you). In essence, you deposited a primer into her subconscious so the next time she saw you she’d immediately associate you with the feeling she felt when you gave her the tip (happines? Hope? My savior? Seriously, what WAS your motivation?).

Her associating that $20 spot with you would likely increase the chances that she’d associate you with happiness. Intentional or not, you screwed the pooch.

To be honest, the more I think about it the more I kind of want to punch you in the face, you unintentionally manipulative bastard. You basically put this poor girl in an awkward position and nudged yourself out of starting anything real with this girl. Even if you wanted to ask her out, her agreement would be based on obligation because you wanted to be a nice guy and throw some extra cash her way.

You basically paid for the increased probability of getting her to go out with you. If she has any integrity, if you ever do work up the cajones to go back in there to ask her out, she’ll flat out say no. And it’ll serve you right. You liked her, you and her conversed, so you gave her a fucking ridiculous tip based on a situation I’m sure she’s well equipment to deal with. This is a future payment for some sort of preference - motivation be damned. Good job, Don Juan, you really fucked up any chance of anything legitimate with that move. TBH, I hope she played your ass and came away with a better tip than she would have if she didn’t play the despair card. At least you’ll have learned a life lesson.

Also, keep in mind she’s a bartender. She chose to tend bar. She puts up with this shit probably on a daily basis (when she works). I’m sure she’s well equipped to deal with it. This is why I think she played your ass. And I’m not even saying or implying she’s wrong for doing it. I like to think she’s probably a nice person and you’re just a dumb dumb who over tipped because you wanted to, what? spare her feelings? That’s pretty fucking insulting tbh.

[/quote]

I don’t even know how to reply to this. You just made up a bunch of garbage based on facts that don’t exist. Punch me through the internet tough guy.[/quote]

Nope. But that’s fine if you don’t want to consider what someone who took the time to reply and has plenty of experience on you has to say on a subject they know a little bit more about than you (especially since you seem to seek out a lot of advice).

Especially someone who’s legitimately responded to you in what is usually a jovial and sincere manner.

I guess next time you should probably just ask a friend in your real life, assuming they exist. But, even if you did, and they told you something you didn’t like, I’m going to go ahead, based off of your reply and lack of appreciation here, and assume that you’ll probably dismiss anything they have to say.

Continue to only listen to that which aligns with your narrow world perspective and don’t heed any advice which you deem insignificant. You seem to have so much more experience and insight.

Before I bow out, here’s another piece of advice you’ll most likely discard: when viewed with grains of salt, humor, and humility, most advice, however shitty, irrelevant or ridiculous, has something from which you can take.

Go ahead and re-read what I wrote and consider it. I’m not wrong on this. And you didn’t even answer what your motivation was for throwing down a 40% tip to a bartender you do not know.[/quote]

That kind of escalated quickly. Polo must be having a bad day.

OP, I think you did the right thing with the tip. It was generous but not so much that you were attempting to buy her…affections at least. It was classy to do it then not ask her out, even though the real reason you didn’t was that you lacked the cojones. Maybe you’ll bump into her on neutral ground someday and you could stand and deliver with some confidence and ask her out.

[quote]TheKraken wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]Aero51 wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]Aero51 wrote:

Nope.

[/quote]

Go ahead and re-read what I wrote and consider it. I’m not wrong on this. And you didn’t even answer what your motivation was for throwing down a 40% tip to a bartender you do not know.[/quote]

OP, I think you did the right thing with the tip. It was generous but not so much that you were attempting to buy her…affections at least. It was classy to do it then not ask her out, even though the real reason you didn’t was that you lacked the cojones. Maybe you’ll bump into her on neutral ground someday and you could stand and deliver with some confidence and ask her out.
[/quote]

Allergies man

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]TheKraken wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]Aero51 wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]Aero51 wrote:

Nope.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Allergies man[/quote]
See, sorry to hear. Avoid gluten (seriously), grab some generic Claritin and do some HIT training like some heavy tire flips. The HIT clears me out every time, something to do with blood flow in the area. It will suck doing it, but it works.

[quote]TheKraken wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]TheKraken wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]Aero51 wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]Aero51 wrote:

Nope.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Allergies man[/quote]
See, sorry to hear. Avoid gluten (seriously), grab some generic Claritin and do some HIT training like some heavy tire flips. The HIT clears me out every time, something to do with blood flow in the area. It will suck doing it, but it works. [/quote]

I take zyrtec (generic) … works better than Claritin for me. I hear ya on the HIT. Did some squats on Saturday and finished out with a widowmaker. Usually that helps but the past 2 days I’ve been to the point of decommission. My wife suggested flonase or something of that ilk which I took last night before bed. Worked a little bit. Just gotta suck it up and do it.

[quote]TheKraken wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]TheKraken wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]Aero51 wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]Aero51 wrote:

Nope.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Allergies man[/quote]
See, sorry to hear. Avoid gluten (seriously), grab some generic Claritin and do some HIT training like some heavy tire flips. The HIT clears me out every time, something to do with blood flow in the area. It will suck doing it, but it works. [/quote]

I think it’s the adrenaline that does that. Get in a fight and see if it clears you up too!
It certainly will.

Eat horseradish or wasabi. Take a spoon full of the stuff and just enjoy the pain. That will clear out your sinuses

[quote]Aero51 wrote:
Eat horseradish or wasabi. Take a spoon full of the stuff and just enjoy the pain. That will clear out your sinuses [/quote]

Dude, I do that shit when I’m not being attacked by plant ejaculate. Love putting a lot of horseradish on my sushi … love the tingle. Big fan of spices.

And yes, that is also a great approach. It’s in my lungs today too. That past 2 days though, nothing’s worked. Felt really run down and drained yesterday. Just kind of rested up. Watched that Mad Max.

Have you tried…tiger balm under the nose if your cough is dry… Menthol and Camphor…same stuff as in vics.

[quote]Aero51 wrote:
Have you tried…tiger balm under the nose if your cough is dry… Menthol and Camphor…same stuff as in vics.[/quote]

I’m not sure if this is serious or not, but at one point my sinuses were so bad (when I wasn’t taking care of myself at all) that I snorted cayenne pepper powder to try to clear it. It worked…kind of.

[quote]Aero51 wrote:
Have you tried…tiger balm under the nose if your cough is dry… Menthol and Camphor…same stuff as in vics.[/quote]

That I haven’t tried … I’ll have to give it a go