T Nation

Should I Go See Incredible Hulk?

I rarely make it to a theater for a movie. The Dark Knight was an exception since I knew it was going to be amazing and it still far topped my expectations.

The Incredible Hulk is going to be playing at the local cheap theater ($5 tickets) and I am wondering whether it is worth my time.

I like super hero movies but I much prefer some thoughtfulness in the plot; something that will have me thinking during and after the movie. This is especially true if I am going to spend money to go see a movie and probably buy some concessions (at least some water), rather than wait for cable or Netflix which would be cheaper.

I really liked The Dark Knight (4.5/5 stars) but felt Iron Man was kind of meh (3.0/5, fun but not very thoughtful, also had too many goofy moments and not enough character development). I probably will make time to go spend $10-20 plus gas to see The Dark Knight again. Iron Man is more something I would watch on cable when I am bored.

Where does The Incredible Hulk fall in that spectrum?

Yar har fiddle dee dee, do what you want because a pirate is free

yes go see it… AWESOME

/thread

For $5, why don’t you just go see it and find out for yourself?

I think most of us here liked it though. I know I did.

angry vader i think i can find you on EVERY movie thread …lol…and to answer the question i’d go yes. Just make sure you don’t see the one that came out just before, it’s anything but incredible.

or just find it here.

www.surfthechannel.com

[quote]AlterEgo721 wrote:
angry vader i think i can find you on EVERY movie thread …lol…and to answer the question i’d go yes. Just make sure you don’t see the one that came out just before, it’s anything but incredible. [/quote]

I think you’re imagining things. I HATE movies. :smiley:

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
AlterEgo721 wrote:
angry vader i think i can find you on EVERY movie thread …lol…and to answer the question i’d go yes. Just make sure you don’t see the one that came out just before, it’s anything but incredible.

I think you’re imagining things. I HATE movies. :D[/quote]

yes, your avatar screams it. lol Did you see pineapple express? I went into it not expecting anything since I usually hate any movie having to do with weed, but this one was exceptionally funny with a descent plot.

[quote]AlterEgo721 wrote:
AngryVader wrote:
AlterEgo721 wrote:
angry vader i think i can find you on EVERY movie thread …lol…and to answer the question i’d go yes. Just make sure you don’t see the one that came out just before, it’s anything but incredible.

I think you’re imagining things. I HATE movies. :smiley:

yes, your avatar screams it. lol Did you see pineapple express? I went into it not expecting anything since I usually hate any movie having to do with weed, but this one was exceptionally funny with a descent plot. [/quote]

No, I haven’t had a chance to see it yet, but maybe today. I do like most of the Judd Apatow gang though, so I’m hoping it will be funny.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
AlterEgo721 wrote:
AngryVader wrote:
AlterEgo721 wrote:
angry vader i think i can find you on EVERY movie thread …lol…and to answer the question i’d go yes. Just make sure you don’t see the one that came out just before, it’s anything but incredible.

I think you’re imagining things. I HATE movies. :smiley:

yes, your avatar screams it. lol Did you see pineapple express? I went into it not expecting anything since I usually hate any movie having to do with weed, but this one was exceptionally funny with a descent plot.

No, I haven’t had a chance to see it yet, but maybe today. I do like most of the Judd Apatow gang though, so I’m hoping it will be funny.[/quote]

cool, well if you do get the chance let me know what you think.

[quote]Moon Knight wrote:
I rarely make it to a theater for a movie. The Dark Knight was an exception since I knew it was going to be amazing and it still far topped my expectations.

The Incredible Hulk is going to be playing at the local cheap theater ($5 tickets) and I am wondering whether it is worth my time.

I like super hero movies but I much prefer some thoughtfulness in the plot; something that will have me thinking during and after the movie. This is especially true if I am going to spend money to go see a movie and probably buy some concessions (at least some water), rather than wait for cable or Netflix which would be cheaper.

I really liked The Dark Knight (4.5/5 stars) but felt Iron Man was kind of meh (3.0/5, fun but not very thoughtful, also had too many goofy moments and not enough character development). I probably will make time to go spend $10-20 plus gas to see The Dark Knight again. Iron Man is more something I would watch on cable when I am bored.

Where does The Incredible Hulk fall in that spectrum?[/quote]

“oh man…should I watch Incredible Hulk or watch Sex and the City for the third time…I really do enjoy Cosmos”

Stop being gay and watch Incredible Hulk. I should tribunal you for hesitating to see the Hulk.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
Moon Knight wrote:
I rarely make it to a theater for a movie. The Dark Knight was an exception since I knew it was going to be amazing and it still far topped my expectations.

The Incredible Hulk is going to be playing at the local cheap theater ($5 tickets) and I am wondering whether it is worth my time.

I like super hero movies but I much prefer some thoughtfulness in the plot; something that will have me thinking during and after the movie. This is especially true if I am going to spend money to go see a movie and probably buy some concessions (at least some water), rather than wait for cable or Netflix which would be cheaper.

I really liked The Dark Knight (4.5/5 stars) but felt Iron Man was kind of meh (3.0/5, fun but not very thoughtful, also had too many goofy moments and not enough character development).

I probably will make time to go spend $10-20 plus gas to see The Dark Knight again. Iron Man is more something I would watch on cable when I am bored.

Where does The Incredible Hulk fall in that spectrum?

“oh man…should I watch Incredible Hulk or watch Sex and the City for the third time…I really do enjoy Cosmos”

Stop being gay and watch Incredible Hulk. I should tribunal you for hesitating to see the Hulk.[/quote]

Best. Post.

Ironman goofy?

Ironman = cool as shit

wolbarret, whats up with the chick in your avatar? is she a tranny or something? lol her face is pretty busted

[quote]AlterEgo721 wrote:
wolbarret, whats up with the chick in your avatar? is she a tranny or something? lol her face is pretty busted[/quote]

All your questions will be answered here:

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=2379266

normal theater is like 10.50 lol… just go

Try hitting her.

I went.

Liked it better than Iron Man but not as much as Dark Knight. Still it exceeded my low expectations for it.

Somewhere in the 3.5-4.0 out of 5.0 range.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
WolBarret wrote:
Moon Knight wrote:
I rarely make it to a theater for a movie. The Dark Knight was an exception since I knew it was going to be amazing and it still far topped my expectations.

The Incredible Hulk is going to be playing at the local cheap theater ($5 tickets) and I am wondering whether it is worth my time.

I like super hero movies but I much prefer some thoughtfulness in the plot; something that will have me thinking during and after the movie. This is especially true if I am going to spend money to go see a movie and probably buy some concessions (at least some water), rather than wait for cable or Netflix which would be cheaper.

I really liked The Dark Knight (4.5/5 stars) but felt Iron Man was kind of meh (3.0/5, fun but not very thoughtful, also had too many goofy moments and not enough character development).

I probably will make time to go spend $10-20 plus gas to see The Dark Knight again. Iron Man is more something I would watch on cable when I am bored.

Where does The Incredible Hulk fall in that spectrum?

“oh man…should I watch Incredible Hulk or watch Sex and the City for the third time…I really do enjoy Cosmos”

Stop being gay and watch Incredible Hulk. I should tribunal you for hesitating to see the Hulk.

Best. Post.

Ironman goofy?

Ironman = cool as shit
[/quote]

They kept playing to the camera in Iron Man. Lame one-liners, and those gags while he was building the prototype suits. I don’t like that sort of thing. It took away from the otherwise serious tone that the movie seemed to be going for.

Also I did not feel the characters were well developed and I never felt much attachment to any of them other than Pepper Potts. The actors were all just kind of there, playing the roles, not really making me feel they WERE the characters or that the characters had much real chemistry together.

Also, unlike The Dark Knight (and to a lesser extent The Incredible Hulk), there was no thought provoking deeper meanings to the movie that I could see. It was just a movie about a guy that winds up fighting crime.

Yes there is some “party boy turns hero” thing going on, but it did not really offer anything more than lip service to that aspect of the story. Also, that in and of itself is not terribly interesting in the same way that The Dark Knight was interesting on a psychological level.

it was prob 10 times better than the the a couple years ago and someone agree with me that in this movie he looked like a fucking beast with viens popping out and huge muscles and everything yano haha

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
AlterEgo721 wrote:
wolbarret, whats up with the chick in your avatar? is she a tranny or something? lol her face is pretty busted

All your questions will be answered here:

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=2379266

[/quote]

wow thats a long thread. started some of it. seems interesting…lol…thanx for the link vader