Should I Get a PSP?

Its getting to be a pretty old console i guess. Does anyone still play online? I was still wondering since the price went down some is it worth it? Can someone explain the online gaming, can you chat, or have to type, and is there no chat? And can you get on the internet? and if you can is it limited?

I have a PSP and a DS and i have to tell you that the games on the PSP get boring real quick and the games on the DS are great. There is no voice chat and i believe no text chat on the PSP. you just join a game and play.

Depends how much time you have to play?

No, video games are a waste of time, read instead.

[quote]jlesk68 wrote:
No, video games are a waste of time, read instead.[/quote]

I agree. Get a library card.

What kind of games are you into?

I bought one, i bought 2 games with it fight night round3 cause i loved it for the x-box, and smackdown vs raw 06 cause they had it marked down. Could someone explain how to get online and how to use the infrastructer.

[quote]jisboss wrote:
I have a PSP and a DS and i have to tell you that the games on the PSP get boring real quick and the games on the DS are great. There is no voice chat and i believe no text chat on the PSP. you just join a game and play.[/quote]

That’s how it works. The PSP justifies itself by also working as a portable video player. There are several software products that allow you to download your own dvd’s to it that usually cost under 30 bucks. Considering ONE UMD disk usually costs close to that much, it is worth it.

I’d personally opt for the DS. My roomate has both and plays the DS much more often.

Its online is pretty good. He was riding home on the bus the other day, playing some Super Mario, when he got a message from somebody asking if he wanted to play Mario Kart. A few seconds later and he was playing with two other DS owners who happened to be on the bus WITHOUT even owning the game. Pretty nifty.

[quote]barbos01 wrote:
jlesk68 wrote:
No, video games are a waste of time, read instead.

I agree. Get a library card.[/quote]

Or a good PDA. Bigger screen = better.

Then you can carry entire collections of books (and other stuff to read) in the palm of your hand.

Or one of these things: http://www.mobilemag.com/content/100/102/C5703/

It uses e-paper. No backlight or screen. Really cool. And its also like a PDA. Can use schedule, play music… etc. (BTW, the product is already out. The report is outdated.)