Should I Do More Sets?

I hit a triple at 374lb for overhead squats today.

6 Likes

Even adding my own bodyweight to the number on the bar, I can’t do this.

2 Likes

I’m glad you pointed that out. We are criticizing you, and you are the jackass.

You should consider the possibility that we actually know more than you about training. You could learn something.

Squatted just under 700 for a couple singles on my deload workout. I wish more powerlifting federations would follow these rules, I’m close to the all-time world record.

2 Likes

It’s going to make weight class strategy weird.

Well, one day with proper training, mobility work and nutrition you may be as strong as me.

He didn’t mention that he weighs 329lbs. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I just did 3 sets of pistol squats with 225 lbs barbell on my back to 75% failure today

1 Like

Holy shit hahhahhaha :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile: this thread made my week

1 Like

I have realized that my true place on these forums is just to go around laughing at everybody’s shit and contributing very little. .
《Embracing 》

3 Likes

no you didn’t.

4 Likes

Yaaaa, gonna need to see that video.

Look at my profile picture small boy. You don’t think I am capable of doing that? It piss

2 Likes

Ok. Let’s see a video of pistol squats with 225 pounds on your back. We’ll wait.

2 Likes

Try slowing the speed of the reps down. See how worked your muscles feel doing that.

You just stick to your eccentric leg press buddy. I don’t want to hear that you have hurt yourself doing something silly with the free weights.

2 Likes

What does that have to do with my comment

Nothing at all, I’m just being a concerned citizen.

1 Like

What’s your concern?

not the best indicator of efficacy of an exercise. This is actually why most generic commercial gym trainers suck. They make you do a bunch of stuff that makes you ‘feel’ like you worked hard, and then somehow you never get results. You know what a really great session is for me? One where I feel refreshed, NOT overworked, and ready to go again the next day. Those sessions are few and far between, given how much my sport beats me up, but that’s ideal.