Should I Do More Sets?

Personally, I’d feel demotivated too if the only workouts I did was lift a duffle bag for 14 years.

1 Like

Then you also gotta add the forearm and hand weight to the curls. So that’s probably closer to a 92 lb curl

6 Likes

hahahahahahahahaha
hahahaha
haha
ha

sad.

EDIT: I didn’t mean to quote you Samul, meant to quote the OP. ohwell…

3 Likes

This thread has only been here for a few hours, and I think I just clicked the “like” thing on more replies than I have in total this past week combined.

Keep going guys :slight_smile:

S

3 Likes

I don’t have anything valuable to add, I just really thought this was funny.

2 Likes

Brah, don’t doubt the performance-enhancing benefits of tamiflu!

1 Like

That’s obviously why I look terrible in the summer; you should see me late fall! Just happens to miss beach season

1 Like

Are you in jail?

Squatting 35kg for 12x3 isn’t weak?

The weight needs to be challenging and you will get much better results going close to failure (not necessarily failing though, 1-3 reps short).

[quote=“ifstatement, post:9, topic:240291”]

This is just funny. I squatted 500lbs for a fairly easy single last week and I weigh 240, does that mean that I in fact squatted 740lbs? I guess my biceps are lagging since the only bicep work I have been doing is hammer curls with 55lb dumbbells, I should be curling at least 500 by now.

See, this is the problem with the internet.

You have someone who doesn’t seem to even understand the fundamentals of lifting weights from the statement about the duffel bag. But I bet he’s going to start arguing things like optimal ways to maximize protein synthesis because he read a couple of articles and thinks he knows more than the average “gym bro”.

Chris could you please let me know how to delete my account with T Nation? Thanks!

Criticism can be harsh here, but if you stick around you’ll learn a lot. Take your lumps, learn, and keep growing. To answer your original question though, try adding some more sets and see what happens. If you feel like you’re not getting enough volume then increase it.

there is no deleting. welcome to the internet. where the stupid things you say live forever and ever, well after you pass on to the next life.

9 Likes

There’s a difference between criticising and being a jackass. I’m not going to involve myself further with these types of people or community.

Can you post a video of you curling 88 pounds in a duffel bag with one hand before you go? Please.

4 Likes

dude, you got called out because you were saying a bunch of things that didn’t make sense, and you didn’t provide sufficient info to get help

1 Like

Before this thread gets deleted, let me give a sincere round of applause to all involved. Bravo everyone.

4 Likes

Let us never forget the guy who did one handed duffel bag curls with 40 kilograms.

6 Likes

or the guy who adds his own bodyweight to his squat numbers

6 Likes

Went to find a meme and googled “curling duffle bag” only to find out companies make duffle bags that hold the stone and the broom for the Olympic sport of curling. Oh well.

3 Likes

Sometimes I love the internet