Should I Cycle?

I just do both, start off with a strength movement or two THEN progress to bodybuilding style training (still compound exercises) THEN add in the fluff (like forearm curls and whatnot)

First gotta finish this cut. Vascularity is improving day by day which is great. Only sad thing is that I lost a lot of fat in my legs which makes them look small af, though I can see veins while doing leg extensions.

Only thing is, idk if I wanna start out conventional or sumo deadlifting since I’ve got short arms I think sumo is maybe better for the anatomy of my body.

Also I can only squat lowbar instead of highbar, maybe that also makes a difference in mass, havent looked into what the EMG studies say about that

I would do the modified sumo for shorter arms. Your stance isn’t as wide but it should still help with your arm length.

2 Likes

For a while my previous coach had me doing conventional deadlifts with wide feet and knees out (I did need wide feet, and knees out for my hips and back). It was like a Brain Shaw deadlift. I don’t know why he didn’t recommend the modified sumo. With my shortish arms, my back was close to parallel to the ground at the starting position.

I guess I am not surprised that my first session sumo after a year of deadlifting like that, that I hit a 50 lb PR. Probably great for muscle building, not great for lifting a lot (or at least not for me).

1 Like

I never found deadlifts to be particularly conducive for building muscle. Good for ego? Sure

Good for strength? Certainly

Good for gaining mass? Ehhh, hardly any TUT/lack of an eccentric portion to the lift and lack of results elicited for me makes me think not. The prime benefit is/was deadlifting appears to increase strength for all round pulling exercises (e.g DL made me stronger with barbell rows).

Being stronger at barbell rows + eating may invariably lead to greater gains. High rep DL’s also serve as a great tool for conditioning despite being quite dangerous. If I can do 3x10 with some heavy weight I don’t seem to gas out from less strenuous exercises (like say… OHP or leg press) quite as easily.

1 Like

Are the same as

All programs I know including the two above advocate for and include assistance. Even modified plain 5/3/1.

Agree 100%. Besides traps but I think the press covers that

1 Like

Go to 7:00 to hear the question and 8:30 to hear the age thing.

2 Likes

Aight guys, a little update, I decided to run Mk-667 I just took my first dose
This is my physique now (today was my last day of cutting)
Im now going into a lean bulk

1 Like