Should I Continue My Bulk?

I have been bulking for 6 months now and I have gained 30lbs. I’m not sure how much my bodyfat has dropped but if I had to guess I would say about 2% or so maybe 3. I’m currently 18 years old and weigh 200-205, it varies. I pulled my pectorial and it’s still healing I was able to do 3x12 of 95lbs and was excited but before i pulled it I could do that with 200lbs if that gives you any idea of where I’m at for that.

Before I pulled it here is my maxes but I have continued squatting and deadlifting.

Bench: 305lbs
Squat: I did 385lbs 4x6 today.
Deadlift: I did 325lbs 4x6 Monday, my deadlift is lagging because I just started doing them at the beginning of this year but I had been doing squats before.

My goals are just really to be ripped. I want to compete in bodybuilding someday but I would like to do it in the lower weight classes probably below 200lbs or below 190lbs.

I leave for college tomorrow so I got to see what I what will be available on the meal plan but I can afford to buy some cheap meats and stuff in case.

I’m just really confused because I see all these people who bulk and get more ripped and am sitting here wondering how the hell I gained 30lbs and a lot of strength yet to most people they would say I looked bigger but not anymore cut that I did at the beginning.

I’m just looking for any of you guys’ opinions on my predicament.

I’m at 14.5% bodyfat. It’s in between 14 and 15.

[quote]APLASTICSPOON wrote:
I have been bulking for 6 months now and I have gained 30lbs. I’m not sure how much my bodyfat has dropped but if I had to guess I would say about 2% or so maybe 3. I’m currently 18 years old and weigh 200-205, it varies. I pulled my pectorial and it’s still healing I was able to do 3x12 of 95lbs and was excited but before i pulled it I could do that with 200lbs if that gives you any idea of where I’m at for that.

Before I pulled it here is my maxes but I have continued squatting and deadlifting.

Bench: 305lbs
Squat: I did 385lbs 4x6 today.
Deadlift: I did 325lbs 4x6 Monday, my deadlift is lagging because I just started doing them at the beginning of this year but I had been doing squats before.

My goals are just really to be ripped. I want to compete in bodybuilding someday but I would like to do it in the lower weight classes probably below 200lbs or below 190lbs.

I leave for college tomorrow so I got to see what I what will be available on the meal plan but I can afford to buy some cheap meats and stuff in case.

I’m just really confused because I see all these people who bulk and get more ripped and am sitting here wondering how the hell I gained 30lbs and a lot of strength yet to most people they would say I looked bigger but not anymore cut that I did at the beginning.

I’m just looking for any of you guys’ opinions on my predicament.

I’m at 14.5% bodyfat. It’s in between 14 and 15.[/quote]

first of all, squat lower. 95% of the time someone’s sraw squat>their raw DL they aren’t getting their hips below their knees. YOu have quite the space between those lifts.

IMO you need to relax on the food. Protien+ carbs and fat times 6+ times a day, and you’re golden. Worry about beign cut when you’re big enough to.

I’m at 14.5% bodyfat. It’s in between 14 and 15.[/quote]

Sorry, I’m not an expert at math, but are you sure 14.5 is in between 14 and 15? LOL, sorry couldn’t resist.

-Well that was kind of a guesstimate like it’s either 14 or 15 percent.

-I do box squats but it’s not really past the knees should i really drop the weight and past? Because I have gone ass to the grass before and my knees hurt really bad, and no it wasn’t a sore hurt like I thought I did something to them. Had to take some Advil and what not.

whats the difference between 14 and 15?

I dunno I can see my upper abs.

why is there a new bulk thread every single day?

cant we talk about idk…how much everyone lifts or how the high the dumbbells go to at their gym…and if theyre rubber or steel or if their plates are round, or hexagon or if they have handles or not…or BSN new XTREME penis enlarger.

-Well that was kind of a guesstimate like it’s either 14 or 15 percent.

-I do box squats but it’s not really past the knees should i really drop the weight and past? Because I have gone ass to the grass before and my knees hurt really bad, and no it wasn’t a sore hurt like I thought I did something to them. Had to take some Advil and what not.[/quote]

no. do whats comfortable for you. that doesnt mean squat 2 inches because you want to squat 800 lbs, you will never progress if you lie to yourself. but usually the difference between 1 or 2 inches makes much less difference in terms of hypertrophy than it does with joint health.

I lift heavy weights. The dumbells go to 100lbs. Rubber. Round. Handles. No news on my penis enlarger.

=)

I have been bulking for 6 months now and I have gained 30lbs. I’m not sure how much my bodyfat has dropped but if I had to guess I would say about 2% or so maybe 3.
[/quote]

If you’ve gained 30 pounds in 6 months and DROPPED 2 or 3% body fat, keep doing what you’re doing.

Before you start squatting ATG all the time, you might want to read #1 of this article.

It mentions that squatting very deep can cause lumbar flexion (that’s what you don’t want). My not apply to you, but I’d read it and test it before you go and do something you might regret one day. I’m not saying never squat as low as you can, just be careful.

You just gotta hold that arch! Elbows back, ass to grass!

TSB…

APLASTICSPOON AKA “Houston_Texan”, didn’t we go over this one before? The whole thing about bullshitting with us and then asking for advice?

You play the numbers game like a used car salesman.

Not only are your lifts (obviously) complete nonsense, but now you’re claiming a “30 pound gain and 2-3% reduction in bodyfat” in six months? HAHAHAHA!

What a riot…