Should I Buy Shoes for Squatting?

Sometimes if Im not careful I do my lower back in while squatting.

Just wondering if it would be worth getting some Romeleos for squatting and maybe even deadlifting.

I work on my ankle flexibility before doing any workout, so they arent that bad, although my left is worse than my right due to previous injuries. My hip flexibility could be better, and I have long legs.

Question:
should I fork out the money and get myself some lifting shoes?

Uncle Bird.

tweet

I would and did. I have yet to regret it.

What kind of squat stance and bar position are you planning on using?

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:
What kind of squat stance and bar position are you planning on using?[/quote]

At the moment Im doing front squats. In the past I have done past squats, stance a little wide than shoulder width and feet turned out slightly.

tweet

[quote]Reed wrote:
I would and did. I have yet to regret it.[/quote]

Can you tell me what differences you had found in terms of muscle activation etc? What do you use them for? Which ones did you get?

tweet

for high bar squats: yes. For low bar squats: no. for deadlifts: going barefoot is best tbh.

I agree with nighthawks, and I love my adistars fwiw.

Also tell NYWanderer82 that its possible to play soccer and squat/deadlift. His thread has turned into a giant turd.

The closer your stance is to high bar, narrow stance, feet pointed straight, the more a shoe with a hard sole and elevated heel will help. It should help with front squat too. Especially for those of us with proportionally longer legs.

They have allowed me to easily break depth on every single Rep, have absolutely fried my quads, I do every squatting movement in them Front, Back, Zercher, I also just recently with in about 3 weeks have started using them for Deadlifts and have broken a PR and love how I am able to get my hips into movement much faster resulting in PR’s each week. I got the Addias Power Trainer they are essentially a Oly shoe to get used to Oly shoes. Only $90 shipped to your door. Next my lever belt its the best $90 I have spent on training gear.

I haven’t tried it myself but I’ve known people who also use some old work boots or dress shoes who are short on cash.

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:
I haven’t tried it myself but I’ve known people who also use some old work boots or dress shoes who are short on cash. [/quote]

Completely different feel IMO

Thanks for all the recommendations my friends.

sexyxe: Im on to it.

I suppose my next question is: taking into consideration my long legs and history of lower back irritation, will weight-lifting shoes help to reduce the load on my lower back?

tweet

[quote]Reed wrote:

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:
I haven’t tried it myself but I’ve known people who also use some old work boots or dress shoes who are short on cash. [/quote]

Completely different feel IMO[/quote]

What’s the difference?

They are just not the same espeacially the boots because even though they have a raised heel they are still soft soled on the inlside and have alot of give espeacially after 300lbs is reached which messes with my ankles try to roll which in turn messed with the outside of my knee. Was just not at all a good experience.

[quote]Reed wrote:
They are just not the same espeacially the boots because even though they have a raised heel they are still soft soled on the inlside and have alot of give espeacially after 300lbs is reached which messes with my ankles try to roll which in turn messed with the outside of my knee. Was just not at all a good experience.

[/quote]

Sounds not so good. Do you remember what brand and style they were?

I tried with two different pairs one were some cheap Herman Survivor’s and the others were I wanna say Rockies.

Wait, I can deadlift in oly shoes???

if you want to

Yes, buy some DOwins.

I seriously love deadlifting in my Oly shoes. It may not be for everyone but I really like it.