Should I Bulk to 200lbs?

I have powerlifting meets in April and June. I’m considering between 2 options:

1. Start cutting after the meet in April and continue till September so I appear somewhat decent for summer (not trying to get super lean just around 10% fat).

2. After making weight for the 181lb class for the April meet, bulk till June to 200lbs and see how fukkin’ big & strong I can get and actually be a bigasianboi instead of a smallasiangirl. I know I’ll get fat AF and prob get up to 18-20% fat, but I’ve been wanting to get to this weight for a while just to kinda feed my ego and be like “Yeah I’m 200lbs!” Then after the meet in June I’ll cut for the rest of summer (not gonna be shredded I know).

What do you weigh now?

[quote]Ecchastang wrote:
What do you weigh now?[/quote]
I’m 180lbs, 15% fat

[quote]shadowbobo8028 wrote:

[quote]Ecchastang wrote:
What do you weigh now?[/quote]
I’m 180lbs, 15% fat[/quote]
Just bulk slow and steady. No need to get much above 15%.

see how fukkin’ big & strong I can get [/quote]

If you honestly think weighing 200 lbs will help you at your meet, then go ahead. If, on the other hand, you seriously think forcing yourself to get “big” is the same as adding actual muscle over time, and that it’s truly the best way to get stronger (a whole 'nother discussion IMO), then I think you’re a bit misguided.

Just my personal opinion though.

S

Why do you expect to get up to 20% bodyfat? If you do the math, you’d gain 13 pounds of fat and 7 pounds of muscle if you managed to do as you predict and reach 200 lbs at 20% bodyfat from your current starting point of 180 lbs and 15% bodyfat.

And wait, you’re going to weigh in at 181 lbs for an April meet, then bulk to 200 lbs by June? I don’t think that’s necessarily a great option. And then after that 20 pound weight increase in like 8 weeks, you’re going to cut again? I’m not really sure what the logic here is to be honest.

Why not just cut down to a bodyfat level you find “acceptable”, which might easily be where you’re at, then do as Eccastang suggested and slowly add weight? Why the desire to put on a lot of fat for a small amount of muscle, just to go right back and try and lose all that fat (and possibly muscle) again when you reverse and drop back down?

1. Start cutting after the meet in April and continue till September so I appear somewhat decent for summer (not trying to get super lean just around 10% fat).[/quote]
    Any bodybuilding contests on the horizon in the next year or two? Going to a relatively-fast bulk and gaining so much more bodyfat now will make it that much harder, if that’s a factor.

Shooting to gain 20 pounds in 8 weeks? I see nothing good coming from that, especially starting in your current condition.

At that size, you might end up with boobs. So expect the confusion to continue.

Read through this thread:
http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_bigger_stronger_leaner/permabulking_memoirs
Most guys who tried that approach regretted it in hindsight. Learn from those dudes.

Times like these make me so happy prof x is not around here anymore.

[quote]jskrabac wrote:
Times like these make me so happy prof x is not around here anymore. [/quote]

Hey, some of us have “extreme” goals.

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

S[/quote]

some of us want to walk into a room and have everyone turn and look

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

S[/quote]

some of us want to walk into a room and have everyone turn and look[/quote]

Yes. - YouTube

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

S[/quote]

some of us want to waddle into a room and have everyone turn and look[/quote]

Yes.

Did babyslayer get as jacked and strong as he did by not bulking?