Should I Bulk or Go On With the Cut?

What is realistic is to bust your ass and see what happens. Your physique way to underdeveloped at this point to be worrying about such trivial thing right now.

[quote]Reed wrote:
What is realistic is to bust your ass and see what happens. Your physique way to underdeveloped at this point to be worrying about such trivial thing right now.[/quote]

Yeahh -________-

[quote]ShadowPaper wrote:
Lol does the stairmaster count as incline walking??? Ya i’ll ditch what im doing now. Ya i’ve been trying 1.5 to 2 lbs a week so far, 1 lb a week will be better i guess cuz i can eat more =))))). Why only 1 though?? Just curious.
[/quote]

Sure, why not. Keeping a decent but not too high heart rate and time is what matters anyway.

Why 1? Because the slower you lose the weight (while still lifting and properly feeding yourself) the more muscle you’re likely to retain. 1 strikes a nice balance between “mostly losing fat” and “still making progress week-after-week”. And you should be able to get stronger week after week doing it that way.

Is 2 too much?? Just curious

Also will getting stronger losing a lb a week give me some gains???

^^^^ Are you stupid or just trolling now

Ok lol i think u answered my question

While I genuinely believe that what I told you will give you good results, I also don’t actually think you’ll do either of those programs.

Both of them require that you push yourself hard and force yourself to improve, every single session. I don’t think many people asking for advice are actually willing to do that. It would be cool if you proved me wrong though.

Ya I quit what i was doing originally and in the last week started doing option 1 on ur post.

I have 3-4 weeks left working on fat loss. Will it be harder to gain if i was in the gym on and off for some time messing around. Also how much could i gain in a 1 year of bulking up??

Will it be harder to gain if i was in the gym on and off for some time messing around.[/quote]
If you dick around in the gym and don’t consistently train hard on a good plan, what do you think will happen?

Could? Could is pretty general. You could gain 100 pounds in a year. Guys have done it, and they didn’t end up looking too good, but some guys just want to weigh “more”, so there’s that.

A lot of coaches agree on the ballpark of 1-3 pounds of muscle per month being reasonable, so if we allow for some added bodyfat along the way, let’s say anywhere from 4-10 pounds of scale weight per month being something to shoot for without ending up in too bad a shape. Of course, there are plenty of variables (starting point, leanness, training, cardio, supplements or “supplements”, etc.).

You should definitely keep bulking, as use beginners will make are best gains in the beginning stage and going on a cut when it is unnecessary will probably limit your muscular gains in the long run.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

Will it be harder to gain if i was in the gym on and off for some time messing around.[/quote]
If you dick around in the gym and don’t consistently train hard on a good plan, what do you think will happen?

Could? Could is pretty general. You could gain 100 pounds in a year. Guys have done it, and they didn’t end up looking too good, but some guys just want to weigh “more”, so there’s that.

A lot of coaches agree on the ballpark of 1-3 pounds of muscle per month being reasonable, so if we allow for some added bodyfat along the way, let’s say anywhere from 4-10 pounds of scale weight per month being something to shoot for without ending up in too bad a shape. Of course, there are plenty of variables (starting point, leanness, training, cardio, supplements or “supplements”, etc.).[/quote]

I honestly dont know if dicking around in the gym makes it harder to gain,i guess ill just have to see what happens

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

A lot of coaches agree on the ballpark of 1-3 pounds of muscle per month being reasonable, so if we allow for some added bodyfat along the way, let’s say anywhere from 4-10 pounds of scale weight per month being something to shoot for without ending up in too bad a shape. Of course, there are plenty of variables (starting point, leanness, training, cardio, supplements or “supplements”, etc.).[/quote]

I honestly dont know if dicking around in the gym makes it harder to gain,i guess ill just have to see what happens[/quote]

Oh no definitely not. Next time you go, get some big dude that looks like Paul Carter to spot you while you try to set a PR on the adductor machine and slap him on the ass after your set and yell, “I AM A GOLDEN GOD!”. I guarantee your sprint time will improve as well. Or you can stand still while he rips your arm off. Instant weight loss.

I honestly dont know if dicking around in the gym makes it harder to gain,i guess ill just have to see what happens[/quote]

Just dicking around in the gym makes you look like a dick in the gym. That’s about it.

Okay, now I kinda want to repeat Reed’s post at the top of this page. But just on the off-chance you’re legit, these should help:

Lol i said that wrong, I meant ill hve to see what happens after working out hard in the gym.

and Lmao at the vids!!!

[quote]LoRez wrote:

I’m worried if I bulk now I’ll end up as fat as I started,[/quote]

Then spend the next 6-8 weeks focusing specifically on fat loss. Go no lower than 150 lbs. At 1 lb a week, it should take you 7 weeks.

Eat at least 180g of protein a day, every day. For everything else, eat to lose at a steady rate. Again, try to stay right around 1 lb a week.

Drink a minimum of a half a gallon of water a day. If you can drink plain water without issues, great. Otherwise, use crystal light, MiO, gatorade powder, whatever it takes. A gallon+ a day would be even better.

Stop doing your current lifting program.

Pick one of these two options:
1)

• any lifting template from the Greyskull LP book – squat twice a week, deadlift/pull once a week, alternate bench press and overhead press. MAKE SURE you get weight or rep PRs every single session
  • 20 minutes of incline walking, 5 days a week, keeping your heart rate between 120-130 BPM
  • any 20-rep squat program that includes some amount of both pressing and pulling (whether it be overhead pressing, bench pressing, pullups or rows); don’t worry about resetting anything, just stick at a weight until you hit it for the prescribed reps, then increase the weight. Again, set a PR every single time, either more reps or more weight.
  • no additional cardio

Do a few sets of kneeling ab rollouts twice a week after your lifting session. Do some high rep sets of face pulls or band pullaparts every lifting session.

After those 6-8 weeks, you should be pretty happy with where that leaves you. Then you can start your clean bulk.

Are there other ways to do that? Sure. The same principles will apply regardless of your approach.[/quote]

Getting real close to 150 lbs, 2 more weeks, why go no lower, just curious??

What bf percentage wud you guys estimate me at in the pics i uploaded??

Finished that cut to 150 still no abs, either way started bulking at 200 calorie surplus last week.

bump!!