Should I Bulk or Cut? Lost 75lbs Already

Hello, I’m 17 years old been lifting for about a year.
I’m 198 pounds, IDK what body fat percentage. But I squat 130 kg’s, deadlift 160 kg’s and bench 110 kg’s.
I’m right now at 1700 calories a day. Training each muscle once a week(5 day split) and I’m doing intermittent fasting. But I feel like I became too skinny.

Please help whether I should bulk or cut?

I’d say flat, not skinny per se. 1700 calories is VERY low, and if you have been at this level for quite some time, you might even get leaner with a good refeed or diet break.

I don’t think you need an all-out cut or all-out bulk, just an increase to maintenance levels (if your 1700 calories consisted a fat loss diet) and see what happens and assess from there.

[quote]BrickHead wrote:
I’d say flat, not skinny per se. 1700 calories is VERY low, and if you have been at this level for quite some time, you might even get leaner with a good refeed or diet break.

I don’t think you need an all-out cut or all-out bulk, just an increase to maintenance levels (if your 1700 calories consisted a fat loss diet) and see what happens and assess from there. [/quote]
So if I increase my cals up to maintenance for 4-6 weeks or so, what would i do next?
My goal is to look monstrous but somewhat lean at the same time…

[quote]Trauf wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

I don’t think you need an all-out cut or all-out bulk, just an increase to maintenance levels (if your 1700 calories consisted a fat loss diet) and see what happens and assess from there. [/quote]
So if I increase my cals up to maintenance for 4-6 weeks or so, what would i do next?
[/quote]

You were chugging along pretty good until you said the last part. Monstrous and lean at the same time takes YEARS to get to. If you want to get bigger accept that some fat loss will be part of the deal.

Congrats on the 75lb weight loss. On to your main question, it’s time to bulk. You may want to do a slower bulk but with your size I would think at LEAST 2700 calories

[quote]Monopoly19 wrote:

[quote]Trauf wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

[/quote]

You were chugging along pretty good until you said the last part. Monstrous and lean at the same time takes YEARS to get to. If you want to get bigger accept that some fat loss will be part of the deal.

Congrats on the 75lb weight loss. On to your main question, it’s time to bulk. You may want to do a slower bulk but with your size I would think at LEAST 2700 calories[/quote]

If he just lost 75 pounds, and his maintenance calories are so low right now, I’d say jumping right into 2700+ calories would be a great way for him to start adding a ton of fat back on. After a drastic weight loss like that he should be more careful about putting fat back on, not less.

[quote]Gmoore17 wrote:

[quote]Monopoly19 wrote:

[quote]Trauf wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

[/quote]

Congrats on the 75lb weight loss. On to your main question, it’s time to bulk. You may want to do a slower bulk but with your size I would think at LEAST 2700 calories[/quote]

If he just lost 75 pounds, and his maintenance calories are so low right now, I’d say jumping right into 2700+ calories would be a great way for him to start adding a ton of fat back on. After a drastic weight loss like that he should be more careful about putting fat back on, not less.[/quote]

2700 cals at 200lbs is NOT alot of food, especially if it’s a clean 2700.

wtf 198 pounds and 1700 calories a day? I eat 4k a day and cant even gain weight… wtf

[quote]Monopoly19 wrote:

[quote]Gmoore17 wrote:

[quote]Monopoly19 wrote:

[quote]Trauf wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

[/quote]

If he just lost 75 pounds, and his maintenance calories are so low right now, I’d say jumping right into 2700+ calories would be a great way for him to start adding a ton of fat back on. After a drastic weight loss like that he should be more careful about putting fat back on, not less.[/quote]

2700 cals at 200lbs is NOT alot of food, especially if it’s a clean 2700. [/quote]

I agree, but not everyone who is 200lbs has the same metabolism. He is currently eating 1700. I think, especially since he just finished a drastic weight loss, bumping up his calories 1000+ will lead to unnecessary fat gain.

[quote]Gmoore17 wrote:

[quote]Monopoly19 wrote:

[quote]Gmoore17 wrote:

[quote]Monopoly19 wrote:

[quote]Trauf wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

[/quote]

2700 cals at 200lbs is NOT alot of food, especially if it’s a clean 2700. [/quote]

I agree, but not everyone who is 200lbs has the same metabolism. He is currently eating 1700. I think, especially since he just finished a drastic weight loss, bumping up his calories 1000+ will lead to unnecessary fat gain.[/quote]
I will play around with my calories. Wont go too high cuz im afraid to gain fat again.
I think i will set a goal like to gain 10 lbs in 6-10 months. Ill try to keep as clean as possible to minimize fat gains.
Thank you gentlemen for all the advice. Thank God, Im done with cuting:)

[quote]Gmoore17 wrote:

[quote]Monopoly19 wrote:

[quote]Trauf wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

[/quote]

If he just lost 75 pounds, and his maintenance calories are so low right now, I’d say jumping right into 2700+ calories would be a great way for him to start adding a ton of fat back on . After a drastic weight loss like that he should be more careful about putting fat back on, not less.[/quote]

So true. This is what got me fat. Lost 10kg, muscle+fat. Gained 13 kg pure fat.

First step is to realize if you are so young and needed to cut over 30 you did something wrong.
Step 2 get wise. Why is this not on your list of things to do fast?
Get in an accident it is D way to get monstrous fast !
All the best !

What I ate today:

1. 6 egg whites 1 egg yolk
    4 crepes( made of oats and protein powder along with milk)
    Post workout-cabbage salad, 2 chicken breasts
    Dinner- 100 grams of hazelnuts, 3tbsp of peanut butter.
    And thats all i had for today.
    Also 2 scoops of whey pwo

[quote]Kardash wrote:

[quote]Gmoore17 wrote:

[quote]Monopoly19 wrote:

[quote]Trauf wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

[/quote]

If he just lost 75 pounds, and his maintenance calories are so low right now, I’d say jumping right into 2700+ calories would be a great way for him to start adding a ton of fat back on . After a drastic weight loss like that he should be more careful about putting fat back on, not less.[/quote]

So true. This is what got me fat. Lost 10kg, muscle+fat. Gained 13 kg pure fat.[/quote]

Really?
Well i train like a madman and i also fast. I wil be 100% accurate in order not to gain fat.
I posted what I ate today and it’s about 2300 cals.

Looks like you’re on the right track man just work hard, stay consistent, and adjust based on how your body reacts. If not much is happening, lifts aren’t going up, etc, bump up the calories a bit… if you seem to be putting on too much fat, scale em back