Should I Begin the 5/3/1 Program?

I am confused as to what training program i should follow. My goal is to get strong and add some muscle size to my frame. I was considering boring but big, but as i was preparing to begin this journey, people on forums told me i was to nooby for 5/3/1. They told me i can make faster gains on other programs. I have been doing Stronglifts and my 1 RM based on wendlers calculator are

275 squat
220 bench
135 ohp
315 DL

You can do 5/3/1. There are no rules. You don’t need anyone’s permission.

those numbers are fine to start 5/3/1

Too nooby? Faster gains? 531 is about long term progress not add 100lbs to your bench in 30 seconds. You can do 531 at any level and make progress. Like the above guy said you dont need anyones permission. 531 was the first program I ever used. When I was squatting 95lbs for a double. Go ahead and do 531 BBB and enjoy

There is a difference between the rate of progression of loads in a program and the rate of progression of your strength. Think about it.

If you want to lift heavier use joker sets. The 5/3/1 philosophy is broad and structurally, the “program” you end up using can basically look however you want it to.

You are fine to use the 5/3/1 program, any variation. Doesn’t matter right now. Just get a few cycles under your belt to get a feel of the program. Use this forum and ask questions along the way. Most importantly, DO NOT use a training max over 90% of your 1RM no matter how light your working sets appear on paper. Also, concentrate on killing the main exercise every session - and use assistance work only to train the muscle, not the assistance work movement. I cannot stress that enough.

[quote]marvin1993 wrote:
I am confused as to what training program i should follow. My goal is to get strong and add some muscle size to my frame. I was considering boring but big, but as i was preparing to begin this journey, people on forums told me i was to nooby for 5/3/1. They told me i can make faster gains on other programs. I have been doing Stronglifts and my 1 RM based on wendlers calculator are

275 squat
220 bench
135 ohp
315 DL
[/quote]

Follow the program you WANT to do. We aren’t in the business of convincing - we are in the business of getting strong. Choose a path and don’t look back.