Should I be Bulking?

I just started Rippetoe’s SS program about two weeks ago. I’m confused on whether or not I should be bulking and eating like a pig. I wouldn’t call myself fat and I have never been called fat, but I do have a big stomach, it isn’t that noticeable unless I have my shirt off though. I am more fat than skinny I would say. I would take pics, but I don’t have my camera right now.

almost forget to mention lol I’m 5’5" and about 160 last time I checked. I really don’t understand how I weigh that much. I’m still trying to figure it out.

Everything is relative to your goals. What body weight would you like to be in a year? Five years? Do you have any lifting goals? Try to set some short-term goals and some that are long-term.

Then, we need to know where you are now. Pictures, measurements, whatever you have available.

It’s impossible to give good directions when you don’t know where someone is and where they’re trying to go.

i’d say just do rippetoes but on the diet recommended for fatties you could even raise the cals some from it if you dont think ur that fat

[quote]bostonbruins wrote:
I just started Rippetoe’s SS program about two weeks ago. I’m confused on whether or not I should be bulking and eating like a pig. I wouldn’t call myself fat and I have never been called fat, but I do have a big stomach, it isn’t that noticeable unless I have my shirt off though. I am more fat than skinny I would say. I would take pics, but I don’t have my camera right now.

almost forget to mention lol I’m 5’5" and about 160 last time I checked. I really don’t understand how I weigh that much. I’m still trying to figure it out.[/quote]

have a structured diet with around 3000 kcals a day. At least 200 grams of protien.