Should He Stand?

This has been something that has always been interesting to me, Puff…and something I do from time to time as I am clearing my mind while thinking about Historical events.

What side would you have been on and/or supported during some Historical event or time? (Not “you” as in “you”, Puff…but anybody).

One show that I encourage everyone watch (not sure if it’s on Netflix or not) is "I’ll Fly Away…

What’s so neat about it is that it was full of “composite” characters during the beginnings and throughout the Civil Rights Movement…from the overt White Racist to the Black Protester in the street…and from the White Supporter of the Civil Rights Movement to those Blacks who thought the other blacks should be happy and satisfied with what they had.

It was a show that REALLY forces one to ask: Who would I have been?

I’m sure we would all like to think that we would have been the most “moral and admirable”…but I am afraid that for many; this most likely would have not been the case…

Anyhoo, Puff…there are too many variables in ones Life to really be sure…but it is fun to speculate, nonetheless…

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more.
He’s on the decline. This has every look of drawing attention to himself because of his fall as a player.

Kaepernick is about Kaep

that was one of my favorite moments of the Olympics. He also got lost trying to figure out which flag to face (there were several American flags up)

2 Likes

It’s not a contest. Some people treat it that way, but most are here to talk.
For me, I have been training for over 20 years, I just don’t have much to add in training forums. Most questions require one or two answers and the rest is just garbage, so I quit bothering. If I have a specific question, I look it up. But PWI ebbs and flows, there’s always something going on.
You don’t have to have traveled like I have or like loppar does.
You have a measured mind and you can comment intellgently. That’s what I value. We may not always agree, but we can always learn and grow. I think you have something to say and something to add.

It’s up to you, don’t do anything you don’t want to. But I think you have valuable input and a level head. We can all learn from you, because you have a perspective we don’t and can’t have. Take your time. Do it only if you feel comfortable, but I certainly would welcome it.

3 Likes

So, he’s going to Dallas then…

5 Likes

LOL!

Probably, usmcc!

Seriously…man…I can’t help but feel a little pity for Dallas…but I doubt they will do it. Don’t forget that they passed on “Johnny Football”…

2 Likes

I’d like to see the police union not stand up to do security as long as he’s playing. MSN

2 Likes

The next time the guy is in trouble he should call Black Lives Matter to help him out.

SCUM BAG!!

Kaep in Texas… hmmm. Their aren’t many passionate patriots there.

Oh wait, he should go to the Patriots… The irony would be spectacular.

ass…hole…

I have a feeling the next time he’s in trouble he’ll be needed a lawyer.

Fucking despicable, rather than accept his career is over and quietly go off into the night with his millions, he would rather go down in flames in shame and disgust.

The 49ers next game is on Sept 12 against the Rams, I hope we sack the shit out of him.

1 Like

If it’s a home game I hope people stay home in protest…

Pre season game 4, tonight, at the Chargers.

It’s 28th annual Military Appreciation Night in San Diego.

This ought to be prime viewing lol

The NFL is my favorite reality show. Big money, high expectations, insane fans, long history, intertwined story lines…

1 Like

It’s in San Fran, should be interesting.

Edit - I didn’t realize the 49ers were playing tonight in San Diego, we won’t have to wait too long.

Oh nice, that should be a spectacle…
The man-child is going to sit it out on Military Appreciation night…