Should He Stand?

Does it?

Will he be the least patriotic of the 69,000 people in Levi Stadium at their home opener? Somehow I don’t think so even if he’s the only one seated.

Well after getting beaten out of his starting position by Gabbert, doesn’t he have to do something to get some attention.

Sio Moore called him a punk ass bitch a couple of years ago, I agree with him.

I’m sure bob costas will be along shortly to tell how brave this young man is, and abc will probably award him, The Arthur Ashe Courage Award. Elevating him in “their minds” to the same level as say Pat Tillman.

Perhaps not the least but he stands right out doing it in the spotlight, which tells me he is in the running.

Maybe he has a new book or movie coming out and wanted his name back out there??

If he were brave, he would have also mentioned the countless black lives lost in Chicago.

3 Likes

Does it?

Or is standing for 90 seconds before a ball game just a really lousy Litmus test for how much you love your country?

Can I both love my country and be dismayed that government workers are shooting my fellow citizens? How many people have to get shot before I can sit?

2 Likes

Well these government workers didn’t sit and now they are dead:

Fallen officers: 64 shot dead in the line of duty in 2016 | CNN

While CK has changed everything:

“The fact that it has blown up like this, I think it’s a good thing. It brings awareness,” Kaepernick said Sunday. “Now, I think people are really talking about it. Having conversations about how to make change. What’s really going on in this country. And we can move forward. …There is police brutality. People of color have been targeted by police. So that’s a large part of it and they’re government officials. They are put in place by the government. So that’s something that this country has to change. There’s things we can do to hold them more accountable. Make those standards higher.”

You moronic piece of shit.

2 Likes

There is nothing wrong with being dismayed about the illegal actions of government workers; however, the increase in equality, for all, that America has fostered over the course of the last 240+ years far outweighs the individual and isolated injustices we see on youtube. It is not even close and if anyone thinks otherwise they should spend a few minutes at Gettysburg National Cemetary or Arlington National Cemetery. That is what the anthem and the flag represents.

Further, illegal police killings pale in comparison to the killings that occur, daily, in every major city in the United States; yet, we hear crickets from idiots like Kaepernick.

Charm City is up to 200 Homicides this year:

1 Like

There are so many ironies in all this; that you probably can’t list them all. A couple that stand out for me:

1. Kaepernick didn’t bring attention to any “cause” only himself. What he did is being “discussed” all right…but only in the sense of how he is coming off as a misguided, attention-seeking, whore.

People are ANGRY…and he seems oblivious to it all.

1. There are literally THOUSANDS of people in a stadium who sit, eat, curse, go pee, scratch, pick their nose, etc. during the National Anthem. I will guarantee you that he would probably not even be noticed if this wasn’t blown up and somehow made national “news”.

2. I don’t know how his contract is structured; but you can be sure that the 49’s are going to get rid of him quicker that you can say Alex Smith…and it is doubtful that any other Team will touch him. Not only because of this…but because he has had only one good season (where he caught defensive coordinators off guard). Otherwise, he has been less than mediocre.

The guys days in the NFL are truly numbered.

1 Like

Can I just add that White-Folks in the U.S. are pretty piss-poor at killing and oppressing Black Folks?

You guys need to go to the Congo, Sudan or Nigeria…or hang out with The Latin Kings or Insane M.O.B. in Chicago…you’ll meet some people who have raised killing and oppressing Black Folk to almost an art form.

4 Likes

Lol, right? I wonder how much money we give these places in aide too. I bet it’s hundreds of millions if not billions of dollars.

1 Like

Maybe Kap watched the 5 part OJ documentary this summer.

A bunch of Simpson’s old “friends” were really critical of the way he didn’t do more for African Americans, and tried to kick it with white guys.

I couldn’t believe some of the stuff people said.

I can’t remember a quote off the top of my head, but I think I remember people talking shit about Kaepernick; he’s too this, or he’s not enough of that. I can see how dude could be a little confused. Hopefully, somebody like Jim Brown can help him find a more constructive way act out.

Dude’s just a whiny bitch.

Fair enough. I was gonna say “he’s young” or some B.S., but then I saw he’s almost 30.

1 Like

The big man is trying to call attention to issues that already have a shit load of attention. How brave… He insults the whole fucking country including those who really did fight for civil rights under the very flag he condemns.
The beautiful thing about this country is you are also free to leave, a luxury true oppression does not grant you.

If he wants to see change, instead of sitting down he should get off his ass and go affect change in a positive way.

The way I see it, he doesn’t give a shit about calling attention to things that already have tons of attention, he calling attention to himself.

He’s going to be off that roster because he stinks on ice. Not a team in football will touch him with a 10 foot cattle prod now. He may have sat-out the rest of his career. What a moron…

It is absolutely his right to do what he is doing. And it is absolutely my right to hope that he gets his ACL ripped completely out of his body by some red blooded, patriotic, American, blitzing outside linebacker. The only thing he has brought awareness to is the fact that he is stupid and his only source of news appears to be facebook memes.

2 Likes

I think that the way William Gay goes about addressing causes that are near and dear to his heart is much more tasteful and effective.

1 Like

No, it’s not. Not when he is at work wearing the uniform, because then he is representing the team and the league.

He can be a fucking douche on his own time.

2 Likes