Should He Stand?

LOLLOL…Pampered piece of "professional " shit, not even tough enough to vote. Fuck you.

Colin Kaepernick didn't vote - ProFootballTalk

4 Likes

After all that has happened in the last few weeks…for me, Kaepernick is less than significant…

Let him “protest”…it won’t be long before the money runs out…

True, but the media made him a darling over the bodies of dead American soldiers. I was labeled as naive when it came to the NFL and its followers. One of the things I pointed out in earlier comments was, he has never had to fight and never had to lose a teammate. Now, the media darling cannot even find to the time vote for his own agenda. So, naive or not: fuck him.

1 Like

I think it’s very significant in that he represents a large segment of his generation. “Outspoken” but too lazy to vote. Ignorant as hell (the Che Guevara t-shirt).

How many of the millennials out protesting Trump’s victory do you think actually voted? If the over/under is 50% I’m putting my money on under.

2 Likes

I was watching CNN’s coverage of the protests in NY last night, and not once did they think to ask one of them “did you vote?”

Do you think Obama will continue to incite this until his final days?

I honestly don’t think that’s fair to Obama to say that. Obama’s speach yesterday was a model of graciousness. I was really impressed. The question is whether these groups who seem to oppose or refuse to accept the election will stop their B.S.

My take is that Trump successfully tapped into working class anger by saying some pretty inflammatory things, but he’s also said “everything is negotiable,” and that’s being largely ignored by the press and these groups. They need to give him a chance. Otherwise, our system can’t work

1 Like

That’s fair, I’ve been removed from all politics since Monday, and spent all of yesterday in airports. Do you have a link to his speech?

It’s here: President Obama Full Speech on Donald Trump Win - YouTube

1 Like

Did you guys see Kaepernick get folded up at the goal line?

4 Likes

It’s better than that. #47 in that picture is the son of a Cuban refugee who fled the tyranny of Fidel.

6 Likes

Send his sorry ass on a boat to Cuba

1 Like

I would bet good money that SF cuts his sorry ass and no one picks him up, other than to maybe be an almost decent back up or run the practice squad. I think this bullshit started when he got a girlfriend who is a BLM activist.

Isn’t he in intense grief counseling after Castro’s death? Maybe , just maybe, he will man up and follow his icon to the great social heaven…

He admires Fidel Castro because “investment in education,” “free healthcare.”
He needs to go talk to a few of the 1,172,899 Cuban refugees and asylum seekers living in the US, and ask them why they were fleeing the Cuban utopia.

5 Likes

Being the child of escapees I would happily put this motherfucker and all the leftist idiots who think like him on a slow boat to Cuba. Then he can see what oppression really looks like. And more than likely, he would rather be shot by the police then to live under the hell the Cuban people have endured for decades under tyrannical dictatorship of Castro.

Anybody who says anything good about Castro is an asshole. He’s murdered thousands of people, tortured thousands of people, imprisoned thousands for people for merely expressing dissent. Few people have embodied the purity of evil as Casto had and yet people in the free world praise him. They clearly know nothing about him, because the very people who like him, would be the very people he would put in to the gulags.
Keaperdick is using his right to free speech to support the absolute suppression of any kind of free thought.

Kneel during the Cuban anthem and flag and see if your new house doesn’t have bars for doors and roaches for lunch.

5 Likes

Yeah, unfortunately there’s been a lot of romanticizing from the left, particularly since Fidel died. Huffington Post has run several fairly glowing articles about Cuban Healthcare. So many of the lefties seem to have this ability to latch on to that, and ignore the human right abuses, imprisonment and murder of his own people.

It’s like making some statement about how Mao was a really generous tipper, and sent his grandmother flowers once a week. WHO CARES?

I just made that up, BTW. I have no idea of Mao sent flowers to his grandma.

2 Likes

The healthcare thing is complete bullshit to begin with. Medical care for the average Cuban is terrible. They made some advancements in medicine, but that does not translate to good healthcare for the average Cuban.
Since one can now travel to Cuba, go there for surgery see how that turns out.

My parents went to Cuba to visit family in the 1990’s. They were finally granted a visa.
During that time they witnessed a fatal car accident in Havana. The people gathered around and helped, there was not an ambulance and a single police car. People took the victims to the hospital in their own cars.

4 Likes

I believe it. The doctors there are worked like slaves, with government “minders.” They send them to Venezuela as part of a medical care for oil program, while keeping their families at home under watch. The infant mortality rate is low in Cuba, because they mandate “interruption” for any pregnancy that is flagged at abnormal. Yep, mandatory abortion. I have never seen Sicko, by Michael Moore, but I seriously doubt that an American film crew were able to see the worst situations. 20/20 did a followup to that and I’d like to watch it. I know the WHO has talked Cuban healthcare up, which makes me a little bit sick since the human rights abuses there are just horrific. Of course, a lot of these people really don’t care about fundamental freedoms. They still have a freaking love affair with the idea that Communism is a great idea “if done right.”

1 Like

That is pretty much exactly what a guy I worked with said. He built a boat and took almost 30 people with him.

He also had a completely misplaced clavicle, where it was broken and never set. It was wrapped in a sling and he was given some pain killers then sent on his way.

Then his abdomen- Don’t know what the hell that was. It started as a burst appendix then turned into Frankenstein belly.

1 Like