Should He Stand?

The Natalie Maines quote about patriotism really illustrates the point. Some individuals on the far end of the progressive spectrum, don’t even have that moral foundation at all, in fact, they are likely to see it as NEGATIVE. I imagine Kap is one of those people because he genuinely doesn’t seem to understand why many Americans are offended.

BTW, regarding my analogy about criticizing your spouse. It’s just too soon after the sniper in Dallas went on his shooting rampage, former President Bush and President Obama showed up at memorial services for the fallen officers. The nation grieved over that, is still grieving. And then he’s wearing pig socks with police uniforms but he can’t understand why that’s offensive.

PSA from the female perspective - Just in case you don’t get this, never make some pig socks with your wife’s face on them, then pretend you don’t understand why you’re sleeping on the couch.

1 Like

I don’t want to give this p.o.s. another second of my time but I thought this was well said…
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi36J2wuI_PAhXHHD4KHRQBA0UQqQIIHTAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fijr.com%2F2016%2F09%2F692074-ray-lewis-challenges-kaepernick-with-what-he-should-be-doing-instead-of-using-the-nfl-as-his-stage%2F&usg=AFQjCNFTl2drpeCq87n-fj7TSYsx3D8_kg&bvm=bv.132479545,d.cWw

4 Likes

I bet if all of those idiots pulled their 100s of millions of dollars in assets they could actually effect real change. Better not do that, though. Better to just be a prick instead.

4 Likes

Using a game, loved by millions of all stripes, colors, beliefs to marginalize a lot of people for your own personal gain, is the wrong thing to do in my opinion. He has the right to ruin the experience for thousands of people, but he shouldn’t do it for the sake of all those who may disagree, but love the game.

He has a platform, he’s a celebrity. He can do that when their are not a bunch of people who are their for some other purpose than politics.

What if somebody sat for the National Anthem and refused to stand until Trump was president. Do you think a soul would be advocating for his free speech? I doubt it.

He’s putting his dick in a social justice warrior. He’s not informed or well educated on any matter whatsoever. He’s reacting to 12 youtube videos, while they are horrible, do not represent the day to day reality. He’s privileged, always been privileged and has no idea what he is talking about. He doesn’t even know what needs to be changed. He said “When the flag represents what it supposed to represent, then I will stand.” What the fuck does that mean? What needs to be changed?

I can say that about the murder of 1.2 million children a year through abortion. But I am not going to denigrate the entire country over the actions of those people. I work through the system, not insult everybody in the country because it has problems.

Just to be clear, I am not posting about CK again, but, I thought, I would share this comment from a true warrior, a highly decorated combat veteran, who also happens to be a solid father and husband. This is a little surprising knowing his background concerning football. But he did make an interesting comment about the NFL:

"If you watch the NFL, then you pay guys like this so you can’t really bitch about it. STFU! I do not support pedophiles, people who burn dogs alive, wife beaters, drug addicts, racists, anti Americans, anti Police. All celebrated and rewarded by the NFL
“Just my opinion”

1 Like

Well, as I just replied in another thread, the “public” does just that with cops. He has a point, the NFL is laced with hypocrisy. Not allowing the Cowboys to honor the fallen Dallas cops, but, allowing individuals to piss all over the flag is ok with “them”.

4 Likes

A western Michigan school has banned USA USA! Chants and displays of American flags and Trump banners and t-shirts deeming them racially incisive and demeaning.
So now that people have successfully associated the entire country with racism, even it’s very name has been deemed offensive…
Now there no bans on displaying hatred for the country, but love for the country has been actually prohibited.

So yeah, free speach is alive and well. You can say what you want against white people, Christians, America and jews, everything else is off limits.

1 Like

Our country is rotting from within.

3 Likes

According to a NASA funded study,

“The results of their experiments show that some of the very clear trends which exist today– unsustainable resource consumption, and economic stratification that favors the elite– can very easily result in collapse.”

Could the CK issue, and it’s resonance with many African Americans, be a sign that the marginalized members of society are tired of economic stratification?

“If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide.” -Ole Honest Abe.

1 Like

Excellent Quote, Thank you. and we are dying.

The two current presidential candidates is a joke, the utter corruption of our Senate and Congressional “leaders” , the bloated and naïve federal agencies hell bent on destroying the American taxpayer , the list is too numerous to complete. Not only are we rotting from within, our Federal agencies have made us the financial whore of the world. Our current government cares more about funding corruption in every third world country on this planet, instead of supporting the very Americans who provide the money. Maybe, we should help the flood victims in Louisana, instead of paying the salaries of every member of the ANA and ANP. Just a thought.

1 Like

I am with you, Idaho, on everything you have posted.

Where I tend to get in strong disagreement with people is when someone wants to boil all of the Countries VERY complex problems down to a “Right/Left” “DEM/GOP” issue; as if one “side” causes all the problems and the other “side” possesses all the solutions.

No one person or one “side” is going to solve all of these problems.

Ok, I am going to plead confusion here, maybe someone smarter than me can explain this:

“Philadelphia Eagles head coach Doug Pederson said he is willing to participate in any teamwide protest of the national anthem”

“If they want to do something teamwide, I’d definitely be for that,” Pederson said Saturday, via Jeremy Bergman of NFL.com. “I think it just shows unity, and there’s no division that way. And I think it sends a great message that from our standpoint and the National Football League and the platform and as individuals, we love this country and what it represents and the flag and the national anthem and everything"

Maybe its just me being stupid this morning, but, what the fuck are you trying to say?

You love this country so much, and the flag, and what it represents, that you are so happy to take out your dick out and piss all over our flag and the anthem. that really shows unity and all your support for those who died for that flag. Also, since you are in Philly, why dont you just take a shit on the Liberty Bell? Fuck you for life.

See my post above about rotting from within.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/doug-pederson-willing-to-participate-in-eagles-anthem-protest/ar-BBwhPh6?li=BBnb7Kz

2 Likes

These protests are horseshit, because for as much as they show their disdain for America, they will still accept a paycheck from America. Hard to say you disagree with something and then take money from them.

1 Like

None of this will change anyone’s mind, but there is some “back story.” These things aren’t happening in a vacuum.

The Eagles former coach was a famous college coach, who came to the NFL and got results in Philly. He quickly gained a reputation as a self centered, control freak, who was racist, and traded away all his best players, who were black. The team disliked this guy so much, they just gave up on him and quit playing. So ownership had to fire him.

Now, the Eagles have a new coach. He’s in a weak division, and if he makes the playoffs, he’ll get a contract extension/raise. So he has to be united with his players. Them against the world. He can’t have any division in the locker room, among players, between players or between himself and the players. So no matter what he thinks, he has to make sure not to “take sides” against his team.

Whoever that reporter was, knew and understood the situation. The only “angle” he could use to write an exciting story was to try to put the coach in an uncomfortable spot. The reporter wants a “sound bite” or incendiary quote he can use to make it look like the coach hates the U.S. or is divided from his players.

The Cowboys are free to honor the Dallas Police, or any police. They can have any kind of ceremony or dedication they like. They just can’t mess with the uniform. If the League allowed it, they’d be in a spot where they’d have to allow all kinds of other stuff. If you’ve worn a Uniform, you’ve probably experienced this.

“Economic Stratification” is rolled up in there too.

Some players get paid a lot, but their teams and the League own them. The players used to stay in the locker room during the Anthem. Then the Armed Forces paid the NFL(the team owners) to make games look more patriotic. So the rich white guys are getting more money for the players “extra appearance.”

Bose endorses the NFL, so team owners get more money and everyone on the sidelines wears Bose headphones. Keapernick can’t do his own product endorsements on the sidelines.

Players are held to standards above the law when it comes to drug use. You don’t get paid if you get caught smoking weed, even in a legal state. Owners get caught with ounces of coke and trash bags of cash, and they still get their money.

Godell is all powerful.

As a result, players love to thumb their noses at the League whenever they can. Even the guys who wore the patriotic cleats “dared” the League to fine them. Unfortunately, the Anthem is “safest” or “easiest” or “freeiest” place for this.

Dang, you left out the part where Obama is an amazing person and is doing a great job.

No problem I filled it in for you…

because that’s what friends are for :grinning: