T Nation

Should a Growing Teen Pay Attention to Nutrient Timing or Just Eat?

Does it make any difference when I eat my carbs or fats? I’m asking cuz I usually eat like 150g of carbs before bed to make up for the day. I eat around 3300-3800 calories a day. Should I pay attention to when I eat carbs and fats or just eat well-rounded meals and stuff my face with spinach and broccoli?

For reference yesterday’s food intake (ate less than usual, around 3000 cals):

-1 cup dry oats
-1 massive spoon pb
-1 cup 2% milk

-10oz potato
-4 cups spinach
-6oz chicken breast
-yogurt dressing

-1.5 cups cereal
-1 scoop whey
-1.5 cups 2% milk

-5oz chicken breast
-1.5 cups rice
-4 cups spinach
-1 zucchini
-2 carrots
-2 tbsp teriyaki sauce

-1 cup oats dry
-1 massive spoon pb
-1 cup 2% milk
-1/4 cup raisins
-1/4 cup blueberries

I cook chicken in bulk, and eat whatever my mom happens to cook. She made mashed potatoes so I yoinked 2 potatoes and ate them.

How old Are you ?

1 Like

Nutrient timing is the nitty gritty part of training. I suggest just eating somewhat evenly throughout the day.

1 Like

It doesn’t matter, just eat good quality whole foods.

1 Like

You’re eating good food and a lot of it… keep up the good work :muscle:

1 Like
  1. only reason i care is cuz i went from 215 to 145 to 155

Ive been there when i was young ! Just keep eating anywhere you want but only good food ! You are young you dont have to worry about that for now

Is that you in your avatar? If so, and if you’re consistently eating what you posted, I’d say you’re good to go

1 Like

yup ok. lighting was good that session

That seems like fairly small stuff. I’d just wolf down good food as often as you feel like.

1 Like

You have a good physique for your age, just dont kill yourself using shit like sarms and steroids…we all have one stupid friend who is using this too young and in the long term run you don’t win !

1 Like