T Nation

Short Workout and High Frequency

Hey coach,

I am working on the following 4 movements: front squat, deadlifts, miltary press and (weighted) dips. I have read your workouts (915 and power look), but I do not have enough time to complete them.
I was thinking in a high frequecy (6 or 4 total workouts) trainig, spliting the execrases in two groups (A: deadlift and press, B: squat and dips).
It would be very helpful if you could suggest a rep set sheme.

Thanks a lot.

[quote]kbman wrote:
Hey coach,

I am working on the following 4 movements: front squat, deadlifts, miltary press and (weighted) dips. I have read your workouts (915 and power look), but I do not have enough time to complete them.
I was thinking in a high frequecy (6 or 4 total workouts) trainig, spliting the execrases in two groups (A: deadlift and press, B: squat and dips).
It would be very helpful if you could suggest a rep set sheme.

Thanks a lot.[/quote]

I like short and frequent workouts myself.

If you are doing 3 workouts for each movement (so 6 shorter workouts/week) I recommend:

WORKOUT 1: 6/6/4/4/2/2/1/1 (increasing the weight every set or two sets)
WORKOUT 2: 3 x 5 (lower volume/stress, don’t go all out, focus on technical perfection
WORKOUT 3: 5/4/3/2/1 (increasing the weight every set if possible)

If you are doing 2 workouts for each movement I would still follow the same order, but it would means doing 2 full cycles in 3 weeks instead of 2 weeks, just keep that order.

Some people say that you will not be able to perform at every workout because you will have some muscle fatigue from the previous days. That is true, but it doesn’t matter. The body will adapt to it. I made great gains training a movement every day. I wont lie to you on some days your performance will be lower but it will still have a positive training effect.

So are you saying workout 1,2.3 are mon,tues,wens doing the 4 excersises then repeat thurs,fri,sat ?

[quote]bubba_jack818 wrote:
So are you saying workout 1,2.3 are mon,tues,wens doing the 4 excersises then repeat thurs,fri,sat ?[/quote]

No.

Divide the workouts into 2 groups of 2 exercises.

GROUP 1 are done (for example) Mon (workout 1), Wed (workout 2),Fri (workout 3)
GROUP 2 are done tues (workout 1) thu (workout 2), sat (workout 30

Ok thanks CT