Short Triceps Affect Bench Press?

Hi,

I’m wondering if any of you guys with a power lifting back ground have heard or noticed that having a high insertion point, or “short” triceps, affects a persons bench press ability (when benching with the tricep dominant elbows tucked PL form?) Either for the better, worse, or not at all?

It will affect it if you worry about something you can’t change.

I think there are other things that have more of an effect such as long arms, weak chest, weak shoulders, weak triceps.

Just because your triceps are short, I don’t think that affects your bench strength (provided you strengthen your triceps).

Mkay, I was just wondering if physiologically it affected anything in regard to leverages or application of force…but it doesn’t look like if they do it was enough for anyone to take notice :slight_smile:

I always thought a shorter muscle contracts harder.

Im not sure why I think that, maybe something I read before.

Sounds like someone’s looking for an excuse to limit what they can achieve…

[quote]Hanley wrote:
Sounds like someone’s looking for an excuse to limit what they can achieve…[/quote]

Honestly, it’s comments like these that are making this forum get worse.
So quick to make subversive accusations.

Did you see anything in my question even remotely hinting toward a personal problem?

Did it even cross your mind perhaps I just had a question about lifting, and turned to a large population of lifters to get an answer?

[quote]toki123 wrote:
Hanley wrote:
Sounds like someone’s looking for an excuse to limit what they can achieve…

Honestly, it’s comments like these that are making this forum get worse.
So quick to make subversive accusations.

Did you see anything in my question even remotely hinting toward a personal problem?

Did it even cross your mind perhaps I just had a question about lifting, and turned to a large population of lifters to get an answer?
[/quote]

A person with 30 posts criticising how this forum is going downhill? Hold on a second and let us all get down on our knees and suck the newbs dick. If you want this site to get “better” then start contributing.

If you must know, I was saying it jokingly. But since tone doesn’t come across well on internet forums you immediately jumped to the conclusion I was making a subversive accusation. Funny how that works isn’t it?

I’ve been registered over a year and reading the site and board for almost 2. I have 30 posts because I try and stay out of the banter.

My contribution? Keeping my fucking mouth shut. I’m not an expert on anything. I don’t hold any anecdotal opinion I may have in particularly high regard since I’ve barely been training for 2 years.

When I do actually have a question I can’t find the answer to, I’ll post. I got used to seeing decent replies when I used to lurk the board…but there has been a pretty steady decline in the quality of the forum as the site has become more popular.

Yes, they will make probably make your lockout more difficult.

So would a wasting disease like cancer or a disaster like the loss of a loved one.

Lockout you can work on.

[quote]toki123 wrote:
I got used to seeing decent replies when I used to lurk the board…but there has been a pretty steady decline in the quality of the forum as the site has become more popular.
[/quote]

I agree. Look at my reg date sure. And I read the board for about 6 months before that. It’s slowly going downhill. Every now and again we pick up a few real lifters who actually compete and have results to back up their posts.

You’ll notice that the majority of the shit talkers on this site are the ones with no results and who don’t compete, or are “ex-competitors”. I don’t think it’s too hard to find an example of that… The bottom line is, it takes balls to step up onto the platform and be judged on your lifts, and alot of peoples lifts just would not pass by the accepted standards of competition.

Funny how that happens. inferiority complex perhaps? I dunno.

The best thing about this thread is how you jumped down my throat for something you thought I was doing, and at the same time you did the very same thing you accused me of.

You may be pissed off, and you may think I’m a jerk, but you have to appreciate the irony.