Short Tempered

Do you ever go through times when you are very short tempered and something just sets you off and then afterwards you wonder, “what was that about?”

I have been like that on and off for a while.

The crazy thing is, early this year things were bad due to work, health, and family problems. Now things are better and NOW I get in bad mood funks.

although I do have somethings on my mind now

But what is the deal with that? Things calm down and that is when I go psycho? Is it because you get used to the drama or is it because then you feel okay enough to let go and let it out?

and so what is the cure? I’ll take all suggestions from chemistry to cardio.

and I am sure all the folks around me and who have had to experience my bad behavior will appreciate any suggestions that improve this situation!

Yes I get that too on occasion. Usually the treatment is loud music, oil paint and a canvas or running my ass off, also with loud music. Breyer’s double churned doesn’t hurt either :slight_smile:

When I’m under a lot of stress I’m actually driven by it but feel velocitized and lost when things calm down and then I have trouble. Boredom perhaps? Whatever it is, I try not to get there :slight_smile:

Hope you feel better!

[quote]debraD wrote:
Yes I get that too on occasion. Usually the treatment is loud music, oil paint and a canvas or running my ass off, also with loud music. Breyer’s double churned doesn’t hurt either :slight_smile:

When I’m under a lot of stress I’m actually driven by it but feel velocitized and lost when things calm down and then I have trouble. Boredom perhaps? Whatever it is, I try not to get there :slight_smile:

Hope you feel better! [/quote]

Did you paint those paintings in your videos?

Those are wonderful.

I’ll give your suggestions a try, and thank you

I get like that myself, the nature of my job, social drama, I tend to be very reactionary.
The only thing that I have found that works is putting a “buffer zone” around me.
It gives me more time to act and not react.
It’s not always possible though.
In my experience it’s:

1)A learned behavior that’s hard to break.
2)Emotional/neurological overload, the pressure cooker can’t take it anymore.

When I was living in Cali earlier this year things were fine,I was pretty laid back, I was also 2000 miles from “home”.
I moved back to Missouri and I’m ready to rip peoples heads off.

I’m not sure if it’s just the proximity to my past or what.

Meds may help stabilize your “mood”, but won’t solve what the underlying issue is.

For what it’s worth…

[quote]badkarma2112 wrote:
I get like that myself, the nature of my job, social drama, I tend to be very reactionary.
The only thing that I have found that works is putting a “buffer zone” around me.
It gives me more time to act and not react.
It’s not always possible though.
In my experience it’s:

1)A learned behavior that’s hard to break.
2)Emotional/neurological overload, the pressure cooker can’t take it anymore.

When I was living in Cali earlier this year things were fine,I was pretty laid back, I was also 2000 miles from “home”.
I moved back to Missouri and I’m ready to rip peoples heads off.

I’m not sure if it’s just the proximity to my past or what.

Meds may help stabilize your “mood”, but won’t solve what the underlying issue is.

For what it’s worth…

[/quote]

so how did you create your buffer zone?

Couple things I did was,

Made sure I had as many numbers on caller ID as possible, so I could filter my phone calls.
Talk to who I wanted when I wanted.

Made sure I had plenty of “me” time, at the gym, etc,with my phone off and in the car.

Took control of my schedule instead of having it dictated by others.If I wanted to do something, I would. If not, I won’t.
I used to just tell people that I was going to “The Dark Side of the Moon”, and they finally knew what that meant.

Stressed to friends the best way to contact me was through email. That way I could read what they said and think about it and then respond.

At work it’s not so easy, but outside of work it’s actually quite managable.

Some people need a little explanation about needing some space.

Just little things that buy me some time to chill…

and a punching bag helps to vent.

Couple things I did was,

Made sure I had as many numbers on caller ID as possible, so I could filter my phone calls.
Talk to who I wanted when I wanted.

Made sure I had plenty of “me” time, at the gym, etc,with my phone off and in the car.

Took control of my schedule instead of having it dictated by others.If I wanted to do something, I would. If not, I won’t.
I used to just tell people that I was going to “The Dark Side of the Moon”, and they finally knew what that meant.

Stressed to friends the best way to contact me was through email. That way I could read what they said and think about it and then respond.

At work it’s not so easy, but outside of work it’s actually quite managable.

Some people need a little explanation about needing some space.

Just little things that buy me some time to chill…

and a punching bag helps to vent. [/quote]

those are some good tips… I think I really like the idea of a punching bag

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:

[/quote]

Don’t take this the wrong way but…

Marijuana just may be for you!

[quote]elano wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:

Marijuana just may be for you![/quote]

haha!

well… I think it is really hard to find marijuana in California…

It takes a while for aggression to just “go away”. A punching bag speeds up the process. Especially if you mentally focus a the crap that bothering you into the session. It’s better than therapy…and a hell of a lot cheaper!

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:
elano wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:

Marijuana just may be for you!

haha!

well… I think it is really hard to find marijuana in California…

[/quote]

Oh well I know this guy rob, I can hook you up. jk

It takes a while for aggression to just “go away”. A punching bag speeds up the process. Especially if you mentally focus a the crap that bothering you into the session. It’s better than therapy…and a hell of a lot cheaper![/quote]

and I am glad you didn’t say, “just let it go.”

now… if I could just let it go… I really would have done that

maybe I will become the world’s loudest ninja

If I could just let stuff go, I wouldn’t be thinking about coming back to Cali.

They do have some good Ninjutsu instructors there.
I think to be the world’s loudest ninja involves eating a bunch of chili and then trying to sneak up on someone!
Bufu Ikkan!

[quote]pushharder wrote:
Sweetheart, I don’t ever remember you being short tempered. Why did you start this post?

Smooooooch.[/quote]

hahaha!

I appreciate the selective amnesia

I am actually wondering if it is a vitamin deficiency though… could it be?

I’ve been under stress, but I do work out so I dunnoooooo

I probably just need more coffee

[quote]pushharder wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:
pushharder wrote:
Sweetheart, I don’t ever remember you being short tempered. Why did you start this post?

Smooooooch.

hahaha!

I appreciate the selective amnesia

I am actually wondering if it is a vitamin deficiency though… could it be?

I’ve been under stress, but I do work out so I dunnoooooo

I probably just need more coffee

Have you considered the ying and yang of testosterone and estrogen?

[/quote]

don’t we all have both? I’ve never had my hormone levels checked.

I did notice I have flat nail beds which I guess is an iron deficiency

or are you telling me I need to go get fucked? You are aren’t you!

[quote]pushharder wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:
…or are you telling me I need to go get fucked? You are aren’t you!

Believe it or not, in this instance, no.

I’m telling you that fluctuating hormone levels might just have everything to do with short tempers. I have no doubts whatsoever that this is true generally speaking, maybe not you specifically.[/quote]

Well… it would not be a bad idea to have that checked. It does come and go very quickly.

thank goodness for having health coverage. I just had a physical, I don’t think we checked this but I will ask my doc.