T Nation

Short Political Quiz

http://www.theadvocates.org/quiz-score/draw.php?p=9&e=8

Your PERSONAL issues Score is 90%.
Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 80%.

According to your answers, the political group that agrees with you most is…

LIBERTARIAN

I’m where Doogie and Red Dog is at.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
The quiz has the advantages of conciseness, and of recognizing that attempting to characterize political position along one single dimension is many times inadequate, but it is far from comprehensive and persons scoring in the same position on the chart might be quite differing in a number of views.

For example, there’s a major division among libertarians is that some, including predominantly the national party, are isolationists who dream, just as the leftists do, that if only we withdraw then the jihadists will stop their war against us; while others recognize the need of killing the jihadists, or in the past, holding back the Communists.

Also, on your specific point, why don’t I just say that you insist on your having the right to murder people, on the grounds that I’m going to define the act of John S breathing as being murder.

Sorry, but your definition of a non-pain-producing, non-injuring act as “torture” doesn’t mean I have to buy that it is.[/quote]

HAH! I didn’t want to start an argument. I was just pointing out that, relative to the discussion, you bestow more authority on the power of the federal government than I do. Therefore, though you echoed my post of being at the very top of the diamond, you are in fact more statistic than I am. [/quote]

Really?

Do you think that society has the right to, for example, imprison an individual for life for murder?

Do you think that waterboarding for example Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, a murderer terrorist, is a greater thing done to him than life imprisonment would be?

[/quote]
Um, yes, waterboarding in addition to life in prison is much worse than life in prison. It isn’t one or the other.

If you cannot understand how it is different to voluntarily enter an act like that, with the knowlege that you are in absolutely no physical danger, and have the ability to stop it at any time, you aren’t as smart as I thought.

You’re argument is full of holes, but allow me to demonstrate:

Many people volunteer for death everyday. Hanging, shooting, poisoning, est. aren’t that bad to you then? Because thousands of people voluntarily do these things to themselves. In 2006 in the US over 16000 people shot themselves to death. Take into account there was no outside incentive to do this as there was in your example. To many of these people, those modes of death aren’t as bad as living an average life. Therefore, the government should have the right to do this for crimes that don’t warrant the full punishment of imprisonment. Or maybe just inflict serious injury, over half a million people in one year in this country did that. And hell, the numbers are probably way higher than that now.

That is actually a much more factually sound argument than yours and it’s still retarded.

How shocking, I’m a conservative!

Top tip.

V

yup, seems pretty close.

I hit a double

Bow you subjects.

i’m not surprised.

I’m in the middle of the libertarian and a little to the left.

The test seems a bit American and I clicked a fair number of maybes. Realistically I should be more to the right than the left.

I’ve been becoming increasingly more economically liberal to a certain point after becoming employed and not reliant on my parents money. I will never cross the boundary though.

Right there

I put a Maybe to the welfare statement.

The quiz is written from a left wing libertarian standpoint and designed to make people score left and libertarian thus supporting the website owners views.

Right, there is no way that answering strongly yes to the economic freedom questions correlates with actual overall views on economic freedom issues (or vice-versa), and no way that answering strongly no to the personal freedoms questions correlates with overall views on personal freedoms (or vice-versa.)

It’s a scam, I tell you.

Even Nancy Pelosi or Pat Buchanan – heck, even David Duke, even Benito Mussolini or Mr McCarter’s “Uncle Joe” Stalin – would score Libertarian on this test. It’s such a put-up job.

Centerist, P:60%, E:50%. how boring of me

Economic Left/Right: 10.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -10.00

I must be a hippie.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
no surprise that everyone in PWI seems to be near the edge.[/quote]

[i]Your PERSONAL issues Score is 80%.
Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 50%.

According to your answers, the political group that agrees with you most is…

Centrist

CENTRISTS espouse a “middle ground” regarding government control of the economy and personal behavior. Depending on the issue, they sometimes favor government intervention and sometimes support individual freedom of choice.

Centrists pride themselves on keeping an open mind, tend to oppose “political extremes,” and emphasize what they describe as “practical” solutions to problems.[/i]

Wonder if the #@!&ing picture will load.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]Makavali wrote:

CENTRISTS espouse a “middle ground” regarding government control of the economy and personal behavior. Depending on the issue, they sometimes favor government intervention and sometimes support individual freedom of choice.

Centrists pride themselves on keeping an open mind, tend to oppose “political extremes,” and emphasize what they describe as “practical” solutions to problems.[/i]
[/quote]
You are vanilla.