Short Political Quiz

I find these interesting. This is a short unbiased survey for which I have my result attached. It’s always interesting to see the definition of each major group they categorize.

I know we have had this thread before with Political Compass, but it is very biased in the way questions are posed, long and outdated IMO … with issues in 2004 specifically found here if you’d like to see it or take the test.

http://www.politicalcompass.org/

Post up your resluts if you like.

Looks like I hit a home run!

I feel simple.

LOL.

Also at the pointy top of the diamond.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
Also at the pointy top of the diamond.[/quote]

Yeah, but there wasn’t a question on there about governments having the right to torture.

Might have moved you toward centrist a little. ;0)

The quiz has the advantages of conciseness, and of recognizing that attempting to characterize political position along one single dimension is many times inadequate, but it is far from comprehensive and persons scoring in the same position on the chart might be quite differing in a number of views.

For example, there’s a major division among libertarians is that some, including predominantly the national party, are isolationists who dream, just as the leftists do, that if only we withdraw then the jihadists will stop their war against us; while others recognize the need of killing the jihadists, or in the past, holding back the Communists.

Also, on your specific point, why don’t I just say that you insist on your having the right to murder people, on the grounds that I’m going to define the act of your breathing as being murder.

Sorry, but your definition of a non-pain-producing, non-injuring act as “torture” doesn’t mean I have to buy that it is.

About where I expected

The quiz has the advantages of conciseness, and of recognizing that attempting to characterize political position along one single dimension is many times inadequate, but it is far from comprehensive and persons scoring in the same position on the chart might be quite differing in a number of views.

For example, there’s a major division among libertarians is that some, including predominantly the national party, are isolationists who dream, just as the leftists do, that if only we withdraw then the jihadists will stop their war against us; while others recognize the need of killing the jihadists, or in the past, holding back the Communists.

Also, on your specific point, why don’t I just say that you insist on your having the right to murder people, on the grounds that I’m going to define the act of John S breathing as being murder.

Sorry, but your definition of a non-pain-producing, non-injuring act as “torture” doesn’t mean I have to buy that it is.[/quote]

HAH! I didn’t want to start an argument. I was just pointing out that, relative to the discussion, you bestow more authority on the power of the federal government than I do. Therefore, though you echoed my post of being at the very top of the diamond, you are in fact more statistic than I am.

No surprises here

[quote]ephrem wrote:
No surprises here[/quote]

For some reason that graphic seems painful to me.

no surprise that everyone in PWI seems to be near the edge.

not really a good indicator. I am not totally against governement, just a very minimal non-intrusive one.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

Also, on your specific point, why don’t I just say that you insist on your having the right to murder people, on the grounds that I’m going to define the act of John S breathing as being murder.

Sorry, but your definition of a non-pain-producing, non-injuring act as “torture” doesn’t mean I have to buy that it is.[/quote]

HAH! I didn’t want to start an argument. I was just pointing out that, relative to the discussion, you bestow more authority on the power of the federal government than I do. Therefore, though you echoed my post of being at the very top of the diamond, you are in fact more statistic than I am. [/quote]

Really?

Do you think that society has the right to, for example, imprison an individual for life for murder?

Do you think that waterboarding for example Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, a murderer terrorist, is a greater thing done to him than life imprisonment would be?

That would be an odd opinion, as we can find individuals such as journalists who have volunteered for waterboarding, as well as our own military personnel who have been required to undergo it, yet it would be tough to find any of them thinking that the experience was more than what life imprisonment is.

Yep I am a Liberal.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]ephrem wrote:
No surprises here[/quote]

For some reason that graphic seems painful to me.[/quote]

Painful?