T Nation

Short Life of Orals

At the end of a 12-week cycle consisting of test-e and tren-e I am taking 2 weeks off to let the drugs get out of my system before starting PCT with aromasin, nolv and HCG. During those 2 weeks is it wise/stupid to run a low dosages of a short life oral such as Dbol/ drol/ anavar until a few days before I start PCT?

My thinking is that I can hold off any losses that may occur as my t-levels drop.

Interesting theory. It makes some sense though it seems it’s more psychological (the fear of going off) then physical.

You could also use orals in the morning only even while you start PCT -only for a little while though. There has to be a time when “off” really means “off” IMO.

How much shut down there is when you use fast acting orals in the morning only? I’ve seen conflicting reports on that. I’m sure a few vets have tried that.

[quote]SwD wrote:
Interesting theory. It makes some sense though it seems it’s more psychological (the fear of going off) then physical.
[/quote]

What is psychological about a decrease in performance and muscle mass because of a drop in T?

This wouldn’t be PCT then would it?

To answer the original post: Yes, you can take orals while waiting for longer acting esters to leave the body.

I know a lot of guys that prefer to switch from test enanthate to the propionate ester for the last couple weeks before starting PCT. With the shorter half life (and this would go for orals as well) you would only have to wait a couple days to start PCT instead of two weeks or so with the enanthate ester.

What have been some of the drugs/dosages used during this period? I have 2 weeks of down time from last injection until PCT begins.

[quote]2thepain wrote:
At the end of a 12-week cycle consisting of test-e and tren-e I am taking 2 weeks off to let the drugs get out of my system before starting PCT with aromasin, nolv and HCG. During those 2 weeks is it wise/stupid to run a low dosages of a short life oral such as Dbol/ drol/ anavar until a few days before I start PCT?

My thinking is that I can hold off any losses that may occur as my t-levels drop.

[/quote]

I may be wrong, but after 12 weeks of tren-e and test-e, I really think the accumulated gear in your bloodstream is going to need more than 2 weeks to get out of your system. But I similarly used a low dose of Dbol (5mg day)to bridge between two separate 6 week cycles once and it really helped maintain muscle. Good luck.