Short, Intense Routine?

what would be a short and intense routine i could do in about 30-45 minutes 3 days a week? my time is gonna be limited for a while.

Starr’s 5x5 or DC.

Depending on your training age. DC says that his program is not intended for young trainees, but if youre fairly advanced, then you should check it out.

If you are going to do Starr’s 5 x 5, modify it a bit. Especially if you are working out at home- it takes a while to change weights and exercises. A modified 5 x 5 would work very well, I think.

what would a modified starr program look like and where could i get info on dc?

Read Waterbury’s “blood on the barbell” he talks about complexes, which seems like exactly what you need.

[quote]bart wrote:
what would a modified starr program look like and where could i get info on dc?[/quote]
Madcow’s 5x5:

Everything youd ever want to know about DC:

dont worry about posting questions on that one site, read the stickies and sample programs and learn as much as you can before posting a question, because chances are, its already been answered many many times.

[quote]bart wrote:
what would be a short and intense routine i could do in about 30-45 minutes 3 days a week? my time is gonna be limited for a while.[/quote]

What are your goals?

[quote]bart wrote:
what would be a short and intense routine i could do in about 30-45 minutes 3 days a week? my time is gonna be limited for a while.[/quote]

I am a big fan of Vince Gironda’s 8x8 with very short rest.

my goals are size and strength

Day 1
Clean and press 8x3, 1x12

Day 2
Dips and Chins supersetted 5x5

Day 3
Squats followed by jumps
5 squats & 10 jumps 5 sets

I did Tabata w/ Front Squats the other day. I can barely walk today :slight_smile:

Took me 4 minutes

Just about any type of program can be 30-45 minutes if you take short rest breaks and work quickly!