Short Inseam Jeans

[quote]Ironlung wrote:
OARSMAN wrote:
Ironlung wrote:
Your lucky you can have the jeans altered. I need a 34 waist 36 length. The dept store has plenty of 40 waist 30 length for the Humpty Dumpty look. I’m stuck at the specialty shop or wearing floods.

I know no one cares,

ironlung

damn, how tall are you?

Nothing special my profile says 6’1" but to be exact it’s 6’ 1.75". If I keep taking Cressey and Robertson’s (SP)advice I might gain a little more getting rid of the quazimoto look.

I guess my legs are long.[/quote]

Yeah, you’ve got stilts for legs! :slight_smile: I’m 6’4" and 34" inseam pants fit me perfectly. I wear 34 x 34 no probs.

The weird thing is finding dress shirts that fit. I wear a 17 x 36 and I find that the body are SUPER BLOUSY - as if they assume if you have a 17" neck you must be some fat bastard. I’m looking into having my shirts custom made.

Anyone know if it’s possible to have dress shirts you buy in a department store (like Polo or Brooks Brothers) tailored - you know take them to a tailor to “take in” the waist part of the shirt? If so, where? (I mean online, but if you know of anyone in the So.Fla. area, please let me know.) I think when you’re on the lean side, it’s better to wear your shirts a bit fitted, that way you don’t look like you’re wearing a tent. It also look a lot neater under a jacket.

The Gap is one of the few places I’ve found that sells less than a 30 leg. However, I can wear a 30 just fine since I wear shoes with thick soles. I usually wear 32x30, and that works fine.

As for jeans, I’ve found AE jeans to fit me the best (loose in waist, hips, crotch, ass) without looking ghetto.