Short Cycles

Hi T-Nation, I had a question. Would it be worth it to use a MM for a very short cycle of maybe only one week? Because it seems that even in the first week, most people still get significant gains. If this is true, then why not use MM for only one week followed by a good PCT just for the sake of preserving your liver and trying to keep your natural testosterone production from shutting of completely. Thanks

Have you had a stroke?

What is MM? Thanks

Its…mmmm becau…mmmm he’s had…a …mmm… a stro…mmm…oke.

Apparently I just asked the dumbest question EVER

Why instead of writing “i wrote a dumb question” you just told us what MM is?

Oh I’m sorry I assumed MM was a well known substance. It’s Methyl Masterdrol and it’s made by Legal Gear. LG says it’s a pro hormone but from what I’ve read on the forum it’s more of a designer steroid. Does anyone know if it would be worth taking methyl masterdrol for one week?

Don’t know much about that product myself. If you only want to use things that are legal, why not run a Superdrol clone, Mass Tabs, or Havoc? I’m not sure if you would retain much from a 1 week cycle with any oral after water-weight wears off. You might want to check out anabolic minds, “pulsing” orals seems like a hot topic over there. If you were willing to run a stronger compound like one of the first two I mentioned at a high-ish dosage , you might get to keep some decent gains following Bill Roberts 2 week-on protocol.

Thanks for the reply bl4de. Methyl Masterdrol is actually really similar to Superdrol (I’m pretty sure it is anyway). I would prefer to stay legal and an earlier version of masterdrol actually got banned but I’m looking at a new version which is legal for now. From what I’ve read masterdrol is supposed to be pretty powerful but since it’s methylated it kills your liver. And I’ll take a look, any info I can find before I buy would help.

[quote]Mbner wrote:
Thanks for the reply bl4de. Methyl Masterdrol is actually really similar to Superdrol (I’m pretty sure it is anyway). I would prefer to stay legal and an earlier version of masterdrol actually got banned but I’m looking at a new version which is legal for now. From what I’ve read masterdrol is supposed to be pretty powerful but since it’s methylated it kills your liver. And I’ll take a look, any info I can find before I buy would help. [/quote]

Yeah man those methyls are known for their one shot insta-kills on the liver. You sure you ready for a whole week of liver death? Maybe 1 day is a bit safer? I mean you only have 3 livers right?? Better to be safe than sorry…

[quote]Mbner wrote:
Thanks for the reply bl4de. Methyl Masterdrol is actually really similar to Superdrol (I’m pretty sure it is anyway). I would prefer to stay legal and an earlier version of masterdrol actually got banned but I’m looking at a new version which is legal for now. From what I’ve read masterdrol is supposed to be pretty powerful but since it’s methylated it kills your liver. And I’ll take a look, any info I can find before I buy would help. [/quote]

I am not so sure Masterdrol really is similar to SD. You might as well just get the real deal. I think you can still find M-DROL (one of the best Superdrol clones currently available) for around $25. Great deal considering you get 90 pills per bottle and most people run 1-4 pills/day. Then I’d also recommend that you pickup some Nolva - in research chemical form (for your rats of course) since you want to stay legal.

While it typically offers the biggest gains within the PH/DS market, SD is also considered one of the harshest as far as sides are concerned but on a short cycle it might not be so bad. Mass Tabs is another well-liked compound, in general it seems that the gains aren’t as big but the sides are much less harsh. That said, you want to make sure you’re running something that is pretty powerful if you want to get reasonable gains from a short cycle (in my opinion). I figure if you’re going to be messing around with anabolics you better get something out of it.

Why is it that you only want to run a 1 week cycle? Is it because you want to avoid shutdown or you are concerned about the liver toxicity? If it’s because you want to avoid shutdown, go to anabolic minds and read about pulsing. Not something I am personally interested in but as I said it seems to be a hot topic over there. I think the idea is using orals while avoiding shutdown. As far as short cycles go, Bill Robert’s 2-weeker is much more appealing to me and everyone who uses it reports recovering extremely quick.

If it’s toxicity you’re worried about, as long as you are careful it shouldn’t be a huge concern. By careful I mean no drinking liquor while on cycle and using the compounds within moderation. I think the people who have problems related to liver toxicity are usually doing stupid things like running cycles that are too long and/or not taking frequent/long enough breaks between. Cholesterol is also something you’ll want to keep an eye on.

To be blunt, it sounds like you have a LOT more research to do before you touch any of this stuff. Don’t fall into the trap of thinking that PH/DS are “beginner” steroids or something. If you are not ready for real gear then you aren’t ready for PH/DS because the associated risks are pretty much the same. Make sure you know what you’re doing, have your PCT mapped out, and EVERYTHING on hand before taking anything. Also, don’t fool around with any of the OTC PCT crap, get yourself a real SERM in order to help ensure a speedy and proper recovery while maintaining your gains. Remember, Nolva and Clomid can be purchased legally - for research purposes, of course.