Short Cycle Setups

I’ve seen, or read, a fair number of variation around setting up a short cycle. For example,
2 on, 2 off, 2on
2 on, 3 off, 2 on
3 on, 2 off, and so on…

So is there any reason why one is better than the other? Is it perhaps based on the compounds, something more suppressive would require more layoff between? Or would the length of time means the chance of more severe suppression.

I’m thinking that something like a
3 on, 2 off, 3 on, 2 off, 3 on, PCT would be more than a
2 on, 3 off, 2 on, 3 off, 2 on, PCT. And would you then, in the first case, require a more traditional approach of staving off problems, ie Adex use, etc.

Anyway, something that has been bouncing around my head for a while.

As Bushy said, Bill R used Tren Ace in “Jim’s” 2 on 4 off cycle. When I did a 3 week cycle of test, nandrolone, anadrol, and winstrol, recovery “felt” seamless. Perhaps you can stretch it out a little longer if using less suppressive compounds.

I’ll soon be doing a 2 on, 2 off, 3 on, 5 off run with test and dbol, so I’ll log that and hopefully provide a little more info.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
Bill R I think, likes 2 weeks not 3, because 2 weeks has been shown to increase LH levels not suppress them, leading to a recovery ‘rebound’.

But yeah, I think whether you use tren ace or not, will have a part to play on recovery periods and ‘ease’.

I would type more but 2 x HOT-ROX are fizzing away in my gut, right now :wink:

Bushy[/quote]

So a three weeker would require more attention post cycle, so to speak.

And would you say something like the Test/Mast that Tone is doing would be less suppressive to use in a series of successive shorties, ie 2on, 2off, 2on etc.

[quote]Dave_ wrote:
As Bushy said, Bill R used Tren Ace in “Jim’s” 2 on 4 off cycle. When I did a 3 week cycle of test, nandrolone, anadrol, and winstrol, recovery “felt” seamless. Perhaps you can stretch it out a little longer if using less suppressive compounds.

I’ll soon be doing a 2 on, 2 off, 3 on, 5 off run with test and dbol, so I’ll log that and hopefully provide a little more info. [/quote]

That’s another thing I was wondering, whether switching up the on/off times would affect things. Your planned cycle is a good example of what I am trying to say…

I am conducting an experiment on myself right now. I plan on running 3 on, 4 off repeatedly, switching up compounds every two on cycles. Right now (my first on cycle) I am using test prop, NPP, and Masteron. My 4 weeks off, I will take proviron, nolva, Alpha Male for three weeks then be off everything for 1, and I am thinking about 20 mgs of halo for the first two weeeks also, to help keep everything without still supressing the HPTA. I like the idea of 4 weeks off, to let everything clear up and your body recover.

What? Halo doesn’t suppress the HPTA? You sure?

believe me, it does… That is, if I had real halo…

I’ve read that at low doses, around 10-20 mgs, it doesn’t. I’ve only taken it once, in combination with anavar, at 20 mgs and 60 mgs, respectively, and didn’t feel shut down.

Just because you didin’t feel “shut down” doesn’t mean that the HTPA was affected.

I haven’t done Halo, but I have done several var cycles with test and run solo (for experimental purposes). If you run var by itself at above 60mg per day you will be shut down. Not completely like in a deca solo cycle, but pretty close.

I personally don’t see the benefit of using short cycles, but if I ever would do one, it would be short ester gear and non aromatizing orals, 3on 2 off to coincide with loading, deloading of training.

But then again that is just me.

[quote]sawadeekrob wrote:
Just because you didin’t feel “shut down” doesn’t mean that the HTPA was affected.

I haven’t done Halo, but I have done several var cycles with test and run solo (for experimental purposes). If you run var by itself at above 60mg per day you will be shut down. Not completely like in a deca solo cycle, but pretty close.

I personally don’t see the benefit of using short cycles, but if I ever would do one, it would be short ester gear and non aromatizing orals, 3on 2 off to coincide with loading, deloading of training.

But then again that is just me.[/quote]

So what do you see as the problem with short cycles? Why no benefit?