T Nation

Short Cycle Critique


#1

I've been researching AAS for quite some time, and I have been interested in the idea of running multiple short cycles with 2 weeks on 4 weeks off because it seems to line up more with my goals than a standard 8-12 week cycle. Most of my research in short cycles came from Bill Roberts. After day 42 I would wait 7 days before running another 2 week cycle.

Proposed Cycle:
Edit: Formatting was lost when I posted, sorry about that.
Day 1: Test Prop 300mg, Anavar 75mg, Aromasin 12.5mg
Day 2-11: Test Prop 100mg, Anavar 75mg, Aromasin 12.5mg
Day 12-14: Anavar 75mg, Aromasin 12.5mg
Day 15-42: Aromasin 12.5mg
Nolva 40/20/20 Starting Day 15

Questions:
1. Should I bump up the anavar dose to 100mg a day?
2. Should I start Aromasin at 12.5mg a day and go up is necessary, or should I start at 25mg a day and go down if necessary?
3. Am I overdoing the PCT? Would I be good running just 20mg nolva from the start? Should I run it for just 2 weeks, or up it to 4 weeks?

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.


#2

No. Just, no


#3

I’ve tried this before, and to me it is a complete waste


#4

lol. What happened to the days where cycling was simple? What’s up with everyone trying to complicate everything?

Just to give an idea I’ve been on prop 100 ed for 11 days now and I’m up 6lbs… Take about 3-4 being water so if I were to pct I’d only keep 2-3… Are you really willing to play with your hormone to gain 2-3lbs which can be done naturally in 1 month?

Cmon man.


#5

[quote]BUDs wrote:
I’ve tried this before, and to me it is a complete waste[/quote]

When you say it was a waste, what do you mean? Did you feel the cycle was too short to make any gains? Or did you just lose the 5-10lbs you put on from it?

The main reason I am interested in these short cycles is because I don’t really want to move up a weight class, and I need to keep my AAS usage under the radar. I was originally considering a 12 week cyp cycle but I really don’t think I can get away with quickly gaining 10+kgs


#6

Here’s a crazy idea…then don’t cycle!


#7

[quote]nooberific wrote:
Here’s a crazy idea…then don’t cycle![/quote]

shouldn’t you be doing bicep curls or something? I’m trying to get some legitimate feedback here, and you have made your opinion pretty clear.


#8

Your diet is going to decide what you gain. If you don’t want to move up a weight class…don’t eat enough to move up a weight class.


#9

[quote]Paulaner6947 wrote:

[quote]nooberific wrote:
Here’s a crazy idea…then don’t cycle![/quote]

shouldn’t you be doing bicep curls or something? I’m trying to get some legitimate feedback here, and you have made your opinion pretty clear. [/quote]

If you want to cheat that’s your thing, but I ain’t going to help you cheat.

Also you’re not going to magically go up in weight just because you’re cycling. It’s not a magic drug.


#10

[quote]Paulaner6947 wrote:

[quote]BUDs wrote:
I’ve tried this before, and to me it is a complete waste[/quote]

When you say it was a waste, what do you mean? Did you feel the cycle was too short to make any gains? Or did you just lose the 5-10lbs you put on from it?

The main reason I am interested in these short cycles is because I don’t really want to move up a weight class, and I need to keep my AAS usage under the radar. I was originally considering a 12 week cyp cycle but I really don’t think I can get away with quickly gaining 10+kgs[/quote]

Cycle was way too short. Just when you feel things working its time to come off.

There was never any actual weight gain, and that was eatin above maintenance. If your hoping to gain 5-10 pounds and keep it, this isn’t going to work.

Gaining weight on cycle is all about diet.


#11

[quote]The-German wrote:
Your diet is going to decide what you gain. If you don’t want to move up a weight class…don’t eat enough to move up a weight class. [/quote]

This is pretty obvious but I hadn’t considered it, thanks. I haven’t quite made up my mind yet, but I may run an 8-10wk prop+var cycle instead of doing multiple short cycles.

And I think it would make more sense for me to start my aromasin @25mg and adjust down if necessary? Thanks again.


#12

[quote]BUDs wrote:

Cycle was way too short. Just when you feel things working its time to come off.

There was never any actual weight gain, and that was eatin above maintenance. If your hoping to gain 5-10 pounds and keep it, this isn’t going to work.

Gaining weight on cycle is all about diet.
[/quote]

Thanks


#13

[quote]Paulaner6947 wrote:

[quote]The-German wrote:
Your diet is going to decide what you gain. If you don’t want to move up a weight class…don’t eat enough to move up a weight class. [/quote]

This is pretty obvious but I hadn’t considered it, thanks. I haven’t quite made up my mind yet, but I may run an 8-10wk prop+var cycle instead of doing multiple short cycles.

And I think it would make more sense for me to start my aromasin @25mg and adjust down if necessary? Thanks again. [/quote]

Sounds like a much better cycle to me. Post how you intend to do injections, amounts, and pct so we can critique it. I would recommend starting off with 12.5 aromasin EOD or equivalent to start. 25mg is on the higher end and the joint pain is not something you want to experience if you can avoid it.


#14

[quote]The-German wrote:

Sounds like a much better cycle to me. Post how you intend to do injections, amounts, and pct so we can critique it. I would recommend starting off with 12.5 aromasin EOD or equivalent to start. 25mg is on the higher end and the joint pain is not something you want to experience if you can avoid it.[/quote]

Thanks for the advice so far.

Possible 10 week Cycle:

wk 1-10: 100mg test prop ED
wk 1-4: 75mg anavar ED
wk 1-21: aromasin 6.25 ED, adjust as needed
wk 11.5-20: Nolva 40/40/20/20/20/20/20/20/20/20

I would be pinning in front delts, rear delts, glute, and ventro glute. I know pinning every day will be a pain, but from my understanding test prop best pinned every day?

Also, from some of the stuff I’ve read, running an AI all the way through PCT and for 1 week after can help a lot, but I don’t see people do it very often? It seems like most people just stick with the standard Nolva 40/40/20/20 and clomid 100/100/50/50.

Thanks everyone for the feedback


#15

[quote]Paulaner6947 wrote:

[quote]The-German wrote:

Sounds like a much better cycle to me. Post how you intend to do injections, amounts, and pct so we can critique it. I would recommend starting off with 12.5 aromasin EOD or equivalent to start. 25mg is on the higher end and the joint pain is not something you want to experience if you can avoid it.[/quote]

Thanks for the advice so far.

Possible 10 week Cycle:

wk 1-10: 100mg test prop ED
wk 1-4: 75mg anavar ED
wk 1-21: aromasin 6.25 ED, adjust as needed
wk 11.5-20: Nolva 40/40/20/20/20/20/20/20/20/20

I would be pinning in front delts, rear delts, glute, and ventro glute. I know pinning every day will be a pain, but from my understanding test prop best pinned every day?

Also, from some of the stuff I’ve read, running an AI all the way through PCT and for 1 week after can help a lot, but I don’t see people do it very often? It seems like most people just stick with the standard Nolva 40/40/20/20 and clomid 100/100/50/50.

Thanks everyone for the feedback

[/quote]

Now this is a much better cycle I can respect.

I’m running 100 ed prop. Just make sure you have quality gear and you pin right and you won’t really feel any pain. If your gear is shit though or you’re not very good at pinning prop ed will be a nightmare.

I’d probably start at 50mg of anavar and see how you react for a few days then bump it up to 75. I was originally going to run anavar on my cycle but after a 25mg dose it literally knocked me down. Reacted horribly to it so I dropped it.

Apart from that good luck!


#16

Your pct is over kill. 6 weeks of Nolva at 20mg will do just fine.

You can run an AI throughout your pct no prob.


#17

[quote]BUDs wrote:
Your pct is over kill. 6 weeks of Nolva at 20mg will do just fine.

You can run an AI throughout your pct no prob.[/quote]

Agreed. You can even do an HCG blast before PCT.


#18

[quote]nooberific wrote:
lol. What happened to the days where cycling was simple? What’s up with everyone trying to complicate everything?

Just to give an idea I’ve been on prop 100 ed for 11 days now and I’m up 6lbs… Take about 3-4 being water so if I were to pct I’d only keep 2-3… Are you really willing to play with your hormone to gain 2-3lbs which can be done naturally in 1 month?

Cmon man.[/quote]

you can gain 2-3lbs of muscle natural in a month?


#19

[quote]Jbott1988 wrote:

[quote]nooberific wrote:
lol. What happened to the days where cycling was simple? What’s up with everyone trying to complicate everything?

Just to give an idea I’ve been on prop 100 ed for 11 days now and I’m up 6lbs… Take about 3-4 being water so if I were to pct I’d only keep 2-3… Are you really willing to play with your hormone to gain 2-3lbs which can be done naturally in 1 month?

Cmon man.[/quote]

you can gain 2-3lbs of muscle natural in a month?

[/quote]

You get the idea of what I was saying though. His new cycle is much better.

And sure you can… if you’ve never trained before hehe :smiley:


#20

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I’ll post back once I run the cycle, it will probably still be a few months though. Thanks again.