Shopping for Jeans

Man it is hard for a weightlifter shopping for new jeans. 90% of everything out there is skinny and slim. Never been a fan of the low rise either, they look much better on women. Anybody else run into this issue?

Yup.

Actually men seem to run into this problem every 3 months or so, so The T- Nation google function is your friend.

Unless you want to discuss whether jeans make your ass look big, in that case, carry on!

I’d swear it’s part of the conscious effort by society to decrease testosterone by pushing these ultra-tight fitting jeans.

Just use it as personal entertainment. Go to a few shops, GAP Banana Republic etc, and get the young sales girls helping you in the change rooms. They bring you sets of jeans and you’re there with your shirt off and the first pair on asking how they look. You then explain your problem of having an ass and legs too big to fit into regular jeans. The girls then go on a mission to find the right jeans to fit your ass and legs.

You know, just another variation of turning lemons into lemon-aid.

I must die.

[quote]on edge wrote:
Just use it as personal entertainment. Go to a few shops, GAP Banana Republic etc, and get the young sales girls helping you in the change rooms. They bring you sets of jeans and you’re there with your shirt off and the first pair on asking how they look. You then explain your problem of having an ass and legs too big to fit into regular jeans. The girls then go on a mission to find the right jeans to fit your ass and legs.

You know, just another variation of turning lemons into lemon-aid.[/quote]

I actually had something very similar to this happen. My measurements are weird (28W-34L) and my legs are about 27", so obviously finding good pants is a bitch. My girlfriend insisted I try Lucky jeans because “they have jeans for everybody”. We went to a store one time, a girl exactly like the one you described scoffed at my predicament…and proceeded to eat crow when she couldn’t find me any goddamn pants that fit. I was proud (?)…and once again stuck wearing shorts.

[quote]cjbuhagr wrote:

[quote]on edge wrote:

You know, just another variation of turning lemons into lemon-aid.[/quote]

I actually had something very similar to this happen. My measurements are weird (28W-34L) and my legs are about 27", so obviously finding good pants is a bitch. My girlfriend insisted I try Lucky jeans because “they have jeans for everybody”. We went to a store one time, a girl exactly like the one you described scoffed at my predicament…and proceeded to eat crow when she couldn’t find me any goddamn pants that fit. I was proud (?)…and once again stuck wearing shorts.
[/quote]

I often go into clothing stores and I say to the girls “I will buy every pair of jeans/shorts that you can find me that fits”.

I usually leave with nothing.

tweet

Just get some levis 569 even if you have to go up a size on the waist. I’m not a really big guy but buying those a size to big has worked out well.

Quarterly “My jeans dont fit thread”: Check
Quarterly “I’m going bald thread”: Due this week
Quarterly “I’m depressed thread”: Due next week

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
Quarterly “I’m depressed thread”: Due next week[/quote]

Perhaps wearing jeans that are too tight are causing them to go bald which then leads to the onset of depression?

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
Also quarterly “Need advice for spying on my wife thread”: Check

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
Also quarterly “Need advice for spying on my wife thread”: Check[/quote]

I’d say this is a subcategory of the all-time classic “My girlfriend’s cheating on me and I don’t know what to do thread”.

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Whenever someone creates one of those above threads, t nation should just ship out a free cord of rope so these sorry losers can just end it all.

[quote]randomonymous wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Whenever someone creates one of those above threads, t nation should just ship out a free cord of rope so these sorry losers can just end it all.[/quote]
Ah come on now. We really do want things to work out for the best.

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]randomonymous wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Whenever someone creates one of those above threads, t nation should just ship out a free cord of rope so these sorry losers can just end it all.[/quote]
Ah come on now. We really do want things to work out for the best.[/quote]
Lol I know.

What music should I listen to in the gym that will inevitably be a bunch of suggestions for heavy metal?

rock revival relaxed fit “kevin” best fucking jeans I’ve bought in years

Wear posing trunks. Everywhere.

[quote]talc wrote:
Wear posing trunks. Everywhere.[/quote]

GENIUS!