Shoppers Kill Wal-Mart Employee

[quote]etaco wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Pure ignorance. I really do think most people are just above the line of retardation.

Optimist. [/quote]

lol

remember when those PS3’s came out? someone actually got shot and killed in a parking lot for one of them. they cost like $200 now…and all the games suck.

Do you think they will have a cart named after the guy in memory of him?

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Pure ignorance. I really do think most people are just above the line of retardation.[/quote]

(After a comment about people being smart and responsible)

Tommy Lee Jones in MIB: “A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.”

Pure ignorance. I really do think most people are just above the line of retardation.[/quote]

Petarded?

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Pure ignorance. I really do think most people are just above the line of retardation.

Petarded?[/quote]

The day I’m corrected by a reta–!! Look, please just trust in the chart.

People suck. :frowning:

Not any of you fine ladies and gentlemen, of course.

Shame. Deep, deep shame. This is the emotion I experience reading this article.

If the headline were something like “Drunken local oaf vomits on Magna Carta; deemed illegible” I could handle it. Everyone has had one too many.

Same goes for “‘Insolent’ Emu beaten to death by Aussie Rancher”

But THIS…augh. Humanity.

I saw this story on the news (I do not live in the US) and the camera panned around the Walmart to show people shopping (not sure if it was the same actual shop) but every single person was obese, not fat, not chubby, obese. Not one, not some, ALL.

They could’ve trampled an elephant to death. Fat fucks.

Oh shit!
I work at a Walfart [Im still cool though].
Pray for me…

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
2 killed at Toys R Us

I kinda miss your old avatar.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
Tattoo85 wrote:
Not to mention all sorts of other shit. People tried snatching shit out of my cart the one and only year I went shopping on black friday.

Someone tried to do that to my mums shopping cart some years ago.

I punched the cunt in the face.[/quote]

Are you serious or am I missing the hyperbole? couldnt you have just grabbed her and just ripped it out of her hands?

[quote]ajw wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:
2 killed at Toys R Us

I kinda miss your old avatar.[/quote]

:confused: not sure how to take that coming from a dude

This is terrible. This guy gets killed and 4 others injured including a pregnant woman! This is why the holidays don’t mean jack shit to anyone anymore.

Black friday has always been bad and this happens every year but why do people think this is worth getting someone a gift? I doubt those fuckers that bitched about the store closing didn’t even think of the possiblity that this man could have a wife and kids, not to mention that a person is dead and others injured for whatever stupid shit they were going in to buy.

Walmart should compensate the family but knowing how that company is, they’ll probably just get an impersonal condolences letter with the sam walton copied signature. I’m wouldn’t be surprised if the corporate heads are laughing at the whole thing.

[quote]jayski wrote:
This is terrible. This guy gets killed and 4 others injured including a pregnant woman! This is why the holidays don’t mean jack shit to anyone anymore.

Black friday has always been bad and this happens every year but why do people think this is worth getting someone a gift? I doubt those fuckers that bitched about the store closing didn’t even think of the possiblity that this man could have a wife and kids, not to mention that a person is dead and others injured for whatever stupid shit they were going in to buy.

Walmart should compensate the family but knowing how that company is, they’ll probably just get an impersonal condolences letter with the sam walton copied signature. I’m wouldn’t be surprised if the corporate heads are laughing at the whole thing.[/quote]

Wal-Mart isn’t the cause of this. People are along with the growing phenomenon of apathy that seems to be sweeping the nation. This could easily have happened at any department store. It just so happens that many of the people who shop at Wal-Mart are apparently the same types who can walk on someone and kill them yet still go shopping the same day.

Wal-Mart isn’t the cause of this. People are along with the growing phenomenon of apathy that seems to be sweeping the nation. This could easily have happened at any department store. It just so happens that many of the people who shop at Wal-Mart are apparently the same types who can walk on someone and kill them yet still go shopping the same day.[/quote]

One of the shoppers interviewed said that she has to go shopping on Black Friday to get all the good deals. This allows her to be able to provide ‘necessities’ to her children. She also commented on how she would do anything to get them what they need.

It seems like there is a mob mentality on these shopping days. I have never participated in the mayhem, but would assume that 2-300 people waiting in line for 12-16 hours then bull rushing into a ten foot opening does not create an enjoyable shopping experience.

And no, stores like Walmart are not the cause of it, but they definitely fuel the fire by offering huge discounts with limited supply.

If you have a decent income and can afford these items already at regular or on sale, then these shopping days are no big deal and even a nuisance. If you are low income and trying to provide the ‘best’ quality of living for your family, I can see how one would do whatever it takes. I don’t agree with it, but I can see how it happens.

jayski wrote:

Walmart should compensate the family but knowing how that company is, they’ll probably just get an impersonal condolences letter with the sam walton copied signature. I’m wouldn’t be surprised if the corporate heads are laughing at the whole thing.

Wal-Mart isn’t the cause of this. People are along with the growing phenomenon of apathy that seems to be sweeping the nation. This could easily have happened at any department store. It just so happens that many of the people who shop at Wal-Mart are apparently the same types who can walk on someone and kill them yet still go shopping the same day.[/quote]

It’s a phenomenon that is growing fast. If someone is laying on the street dying, people just keep walking, can’t be bothered to use their minutes to call 911. when a disaster hits that kills thousands, or a genocide occurs somewhere, people will maybe either not even look at the tv while the news is reporting it or if they do, you hear a lot of, “I don’t give a fuck, I didn’t know those people, maybe they deserved it!”. The lack of compassion is very sickening these days.

[quote]TheDudeAbides wrote:
And no, stores like Walmart are not the cause of it, but they definitely fuel the fire by offering huge discounts with limited supply.

If you have a decent income and can afford these items already at regular or on sale, then these shopping days are no big deal and even a nuisance. If you are low income and trying to provide the ‘best’ quality of living for your family, I can see how one would do whatever it takes. I don’t agree with it, but I can see how it happens.[/quote]

Christmas has turned into nothing but a consumer free for all. I understand that isn’t new as it has been that way for a very long time, but it does seem to be getting worse. Christmas isn’t even about religion anymore. It is now strictly about getting presents whether you deserve all of that crap or not simply because some kid’s parents don’t want to be outdone by the family down the street.

They got an 8 foot tall tree? Well, shit, we’d better cut a hole in the roof so the 30 footer won’t get caught in the ceiling fan.

If you are low income, getting your kids tons of shit you can’t afford is really providing them with the “best quality”?

I understand that kids need to feel like they belong, especially when the entire country seems to be going crazy for toys. I just don’t understand the extremes some seem to go to.

If you can barely afford rent, getting your kid 15 different gifts that equal half or more of the rent payment just sounds like a bad idea.

[quote]etaco wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Optimist. [/quote]

QFT.