Shoes and Calves

Every time I do any type of calf raise, my sneakers tend to slip out on the machines. Can anyone reccommend a good pair of sneakers to remedy this problem?

Shoelaces are useful…

[quote]bo0pid wrote:
Every time I do any type of calf raise, my sneakers tend to slip out on me. Can anyone reccommend a good pair of sneakers to remedy this problem?[/quote]

Whenever I work my legs, particularly with calves, I wear shoes that fall under the category of “cross trainers.”
They’re nice and wide and very good traction. I avoid running/tennis shoes.

-daMOJO-

i have heard that you should wear older shoes, as the repetitive flexing under weight will wear out new shoes. I have also experienced that when the shoe flexs more easily- more broken in- it works better

Try ditching the shoes completely. I used to experience your same problem, and taking a cue from the great Arnold, I now go shoe-less when it comes time for calf raise movements. It gives me a range of motion and peak contraction that I could never get with shoes on.

This being said, I understand that this practice may be acceptable at some gyms and not at others, but I personally recommend giving it a try.

I’ll definately look into cross trainers
And OllyB, your sarcastic comment is not appreciated!