T Nation

Shoe Lifts


#1

Cant think of a more appropriate forum than "get a life" for this thread.

anyway, i start a new job soon, and my height always kinda bugged me, so i figured id wear lifts. reason being, none of them have a familiar idea of how tall i am, yet.

i know its lame, but hey, people have insecurities and you cant overcome them all. when i wear timberland boots with a 1.5 inch heel i feel like a giant. i feel great and confidence flows. i hate being barefoot or wearing pumps.

erm, so ye, typical formal shoes have around an inch, so id like another inch in a lift. maybe more, but i dunno if this would be too much, conscious that my arms etc may look out of proportion.

does anyone do this? curious how common it is.

i bought a pretty crappy pair on ebay for like £3 and they compress too easily so dont really work.


#2

oh, if theres a group exercise in my induction, which involves taking off your shoes, then i plan on just leaving abruptly to the toilet and crying as i flush the lifts down the toilet.


#3

Do you mind if I ask how tall are you?


#4

I lol from on high at you and your shortness


#5

If your co-workers find out, you’ll cease to be rational, Cool Carlton. You will always be the weird dude who wore shoe lifts.

I feel like this was the plot of every episode of Seinfeld.


#6

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.


#7

[quote]Yogi wrote:
I lol from on high at you and your shortness[/quote]

Aren’t you a shorty yourself?


#8

Anything under 5’7" for a man usually warrants some embarrassment…but wearing lifts? Come on dude, I’m not tall either but lets assume there’s more important things that define our character than the height we were born with.


#9

dont see the issue, if it makes you feel more confident at work go for it


#10

Ditch the lifts. There’s a chance they will be discovered and for years you will be known as the insecure short guy. Just own it. It’s better to be confident and joke around about it than to have a Napoleon complex. If you’re trying to pick up women at a bar then sure use lifts if you want, but not when you’re going to be working with people for years.


#11

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:
I lol from on high at you and your shortness[/quote]

Aren’t you a shorty yourself?[/quote]

6ft and proud!


#12

[quote]Iron Condor wrote:
Ditch the lifts. There’s a chance they will be discovered and for years you will be known as the insecure short guy. Just own it. It’s better to be confident and joke around about it than to have a Napoleon complex. If you’re trying to pick up women at a bar then sure use lifts if you want, but not when you’re going to be working with people for years. [/quote]

in all seriousness, this is the best advice.


#13

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:
I lol from on high at you and your shortness[/quote]

Aren’t you a shorty yourself?[/quote]

6ft and proud![/quote]

Apologies then. I’m almost 5’11 and some people call me short.


#14

[quote]CarltonJ wrote:
Cant think of a more appropriate forum than “get a life” for this thread.

anyway, i start a new job soon, and my height always kinda bugged me, so i figured id wear lifts. reason being, none of them have a familiar idea of how tall i am, yet.

i know its lame, but hey, people have insecurities and you cant overcome them all. when i wear timberland boots with a 1.5 inch heel i feel like a giant. i feel great and confidence flows. i hate being barefoot or wearing pumps.

erm, so ye, typical formal shoes have around an inch, so id like another inch in a lift. maybe more, but i dunno if this would be too much, conscious that my arms etc may look out of proportion.

does anyone do this? curious how common it is.

i bought a pretty crappy pair on ebay for like �£3 and they compress too easily so dont really work.[/quote]

Just be yourself.

As someone one the other extreme of height, I will tell you it is probably better to be shorter than way taller, since I can’t fit into anything.

Nursing a bruise on my shoulder from hitting a pipe under a rig this AM, in fact.

I also went to Six Flags in San Antonio and couldn’t ride Batman because I was too tall. Pissed me off and made my nephew cry.

Also, T-Mag has articles today calling us “seven-foot tall genetic anomalies with crazy levers.” Gee, thanks.


#15

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:
I lol from on high at you and your shortness[/quote]

Aren’t you a shorty yourself?[/quote]

6ft and proud![/quote]

You’re one of the oppressors!


#16

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:
I lol from on high at you and your shortness[/quote]

Aren’t you a shorty yourself?[/quote]

6ft and proud![/quote]

You’re one of the oppressors!


[/quote]
WECTOR!!! hahaha


#17

Go find a white rabbit wearing a waistcoat and carrying a pocket watch.

Follow him down a hole. You will need to be carrying a light to medium viscosity varmint grease.

Eventually he will lead you to a biscuit with the word ‘grow’ written on it.

If you have not already covered yourself in the varmint grease then do so now. Then eat the biscuit.

Once correct height is obtained you can wriggle out of the hole.


#18

[quote]strongmanvinny wrote:
Anything under 5’7" for a man usually warrants some embarrassment…but wearing lifts? Come on dude, I’m not tall either but lets assume there’s more important things that define our character than the height we were born with.[/quote]

No way, maybe some panty waisted sissy, but that’s a pretty broad statement there regarding embarrassment.

I’m 5-4" and could give a shit less about being any taller. I bust my ass in the gym, and it shows, no body really says much to the 5’4" guy that weighing 210, and looks like he eats kittens for breakfast.

Yeah I’m short, and I don’t care.

My wife is short too, my kids will probably be short, unless she was banging the mail man.

Just deal with the cards your dealt.


#19

[quote]bullpup wrote:

[quote]strongmanvinny wrote:
Anything under 5’7" for a man usually warrants some embarrassment…but wearing lifts? Come on dude, I’m not tall either but lets assume there’s more important things that define our character than the height we were born with.[/quote]

No way, maybe some panty waisted sissy, but that’s a pretty broad statement there regarding embarrassment.

I’m 5-4" and could give a shit less about being any taller. I bust my ass in the gym, and it shows, no body really says much to the 5’4" guy that weighing 210, and looks like he eats kittens for breakfast.

Yeah I’m short, and I don’t care.

My wife is short too, my kids will probably be short, unless she was banging the mail man.

Just deal with the cards your dealt.

[/quote]

“and looks like he eats kittens for breakfast.”

???


#20

[quote]bullpup wrote:
…and looks like he eats kittens for breakfast.
[/quote]

Kittens on toast, just like jam although you do need a hammer to spread them.