T Nation

Shocking Prediction From Pat Robertson

[quote]Makavali wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:
But here’s the catch, I don’t think God speaks to people nearly as much as people would like to believe. Mostly, it is the human imagination at work and they cause themselves to believe that it is God who has spoken to them.[/quote]

Sadly it seems more and more out of simple human greed than imagination.[/quote]

I agree, but not just greed, ego enhancement as well. We humans are a very flawed bunch even the best of us.

[quote]johnny k53 wrote:
Religionist’s(Born again Assholes)these 2 are the Real satin!!!This benny Hinn is from Toronto and was actually a muslim born,until he became a born again christian.Why are Catholic’s not Born again? We where born right the 1st. time!!!Im an agnostic,as im totally unimpressed by religionist aHoles.john the Atheist?agnostic.[/quote]

WTF. Back away from the meth pipe.

[quote]Karado wrote:<<< This is not Good, I mean, is it any wonder why the World despises Christianity? >>>[/quote]No. The world is supposed to despise Christianity. Gimme five minutes if you’re really interested and I’ll show you where Jesus and His disciples told us that if they don’t despise you you’re probably not His. [quote]Karado wrote:<<< This is Mass Media Christianity too, the stuff that’s transmitted all over the World, >>>[/quote]And here you have a real point. 99% of the goofy, utterly heretical Charlatanism seen in big media alleged ministries are a blasphemous affront to the God they claim to represent and nothing would be lost by broadcasting a Satanic mass in their place. I have said one million times here that those claiming His name and misrepresenting Him will face far greater judgement than those denying Him altogether.

That said. In Robertson’s specific case? He lost all credibility with me when he told the world it was acceptable to God to leave your spouse if they contracted a mentally debilitating disease. Right when they need you most. I used to view him as a misguided brother who had some characteristically bad theology as did many other misguided brothers. Now I don’t know what to think of him.

I also KNOW that God “speaks” (not usually audibly) to His children. He will not however EVER contradict His Word as revealed in the scriptures. He will not direct any of us to add to what He has revealed in His Word. A man’s doctrine, life and overall ministry will go a very long way in guiding me in how seriously I should take their alleged words from Him. Some heretical money hungry nutcase on television who can’t get the foundational doctrines of the faith right is already in my righteous recycle bin. Them telling me that God is speaking through them only heightens their judgement.

God’s present day communications are personal. Not theological or doctrinal. He will never give us new belief, but He will guide us on life’s decisions and encourage and love us through trials and tribulations. I ask God for guidance all the time. He rarely answers me when I ask. He usually will wait until 10 seconds before I need it. Like the old black praise chorus goes: “He may not come when you want Him, but He’s always right on time.”

Will God give one person a word for another person? Yes, but that’s a different post with another set of guidelines.

ONE wrong future prediction does indeed qualify somebody as a false prophet. Thank God we are not now living under the theocratic rule of the old covenant law or they would be killed. Along with millions of other abominable adulterous, heretical people, “churches” AND denominations who have polluted the church of Christ with their doctrines of demons and immorality. Just like the bible says will happen.

[quote]Karado wrote:
I’m not Catholic, but the staggering amount of Canes, Crutches, and Wheelchairs left behind
at Lourdes every month is ample evidence for SOMETHING going on…IDK What exactly.
As fot Hinn, IDK much either, but those supposed Smack on the Forehead ‘Healings’
disturb me as well…Is there ANY follow-up to all these Healings anyway?
IDK…I don’t understand how some MAY be healed, and some are not.
Confusing shit…good point on the Wheelchair and Cane Businesses lol.[/quote]

No follow up at all, no healings ever to have been proven. In fact Years back a group of people would go to their services, pretend to be crippled, then act as if they were saved. Many of the videos circling youtube are the same guys in different disguises. :slight_smile:

God gave us an “ignore button”. We can’t see it, but we can certainly use it.

This is how I deal with Pat Robertson.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Karado,

“For those whom much is given, much is expected…”

• Governor Jerry Brown using the book of Luke to pass taxes on the rich.

Do you still hate Christianity when a Dem uses it for his thievery ?[/quote]

Yes, they actually believe that.

Hispanic culture and black culture are failures. The people are taught to be unambitious, the most they are capable of is running liquor stores in run down neighborhoods. There are exceptions, of course, but those are way overshadowed by the people who couldn’t pass intermediate algebra or basic biology. They therefore live by thievery from the productive.

This is why southern Europe is a disaster area economically while northern Europe is prosperous, for example. Southern Europe has to beg the Germans and Austrians to save them. This is why almost all of Africa is a limitless shithole. These are loser cultures.

Japan doesn’t allow immigration. Guess why? They don’t want losers coming in and fucking everything up, like Europe with the Muslims and us with the Hispanics. In both places, they vote for thievery.

Sorry if I offended anyone. Those are the facts.

Not really sorry…
[/quote]

I was watching Italian TV last week, mainly the news channel, and their coverage of our Presidential Elections. When it was clear that Obama won, the people in Italy actually cheered, because they thought that Obama’s victory would help THEM (the people of Italy) LOL. No bullshit, they felt their economy would somehow improve over the election outcome.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

“Pushharder” The level of tolerating such an utterly tiny annoyance is directly related to
how spoiled and uppity someone is in real life…it’s how I do quotes now, you can still
read it clear as day, so deal with it.
I sincerely tried responding to you in a respectable and conversational manner, then you attempt
to “School” me on a such a small thing as this?
I don’t suffer fools like you, so you may go fuck yourself now.
End of thread, my job is done for now…More Famous Christian Charlatans to be exposed
hanging themselves with their own words.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Makavali wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:
But here’s the catch, I don’t think God speaks to people nearly as much as people would like to believe. Mostly, it is the human imagination at work and they cause themselves to believe that it is God who has spoken to them.[/quote]

Sadly it seems more and more out of simple human greed than imagination.[/quote]

I agree, but not just greed, ego enhancement as well. We humans are a very flawed bunch even the best of us.[/quote]

Ain’t that the truth.