T Nation

Shocking Prediction From Pat Robertson

“The Lord Told Me” (then laughter!)…“Yeah Absolutely”, Benny Hinn
confirms Pat’s Prediction AGAIN, Pat sez “Yes” (laughs again!).

Doesn’t Deuteronomy say False Prophets should be Killed?
Just askin’.

I’m a Christian and it always makes my skin crawl when someone says, “God told me…”. Just the other day a friend hit me up for a donation for a wacky mission trip to a third world country. He said “God told me to call you for a donation.” I said, “that’s strange because God told me you were calling and not to give you a dime!” He didn’t like that much.

Now before the right wing fundamentalists on this site jump on me I do believe that God can communicate with human beings. After all God can do anything that he likes. But here’s the catch, I don’t think God speaks to people nearly as much as people would like to believe. Mostly, it is the human imagination at work and they cause themselves to believe that it is God who has spoken to them.

With all of that said Pat Robertson, while being a good man and feeding many thousands of people in poor country’s is almost never correct in a prediction when he claims God has spoken to him.

This is not Good, I mean, is it any wonder why the World despises Christianity?
This is Mass Media Christianity too, the stuff that’s transmitted all over the World,
What a Dick…Pat’s been loopy before, but this is one of his Bigger Fuck-Ups.
Not only THAT, but he was certain of a Massive Jump-Start for the Economy afterwards!
WTF?
I’m not letting Benny Hinn off the hook here either IF he didn’t renounce and sever
his ties to Robertson afterwards…Integrity, and EXPECTATION of Integrity is OUT the window
for most of these TV Christians.

[quote]Karado wrote:
This is not Good, I mean, is it any wonder why the World despises Christianity?
This is Mass Media Christianity too, the stuff that’s transmitted all over the World,
What a Dick…Pat’s been loopy before, but this is one of his Bigger Fuck-Ups.
Not only THAT, but he was certain of a Massive Jump-Start for the Economy afterwards!
WTF?
I’m not letting Benny Hinn off the hook here either IF he didn’t renounce and sever
his ties to Robertson afterwards…Integrity, and EXPECTATION of Integrity is OUT the window
for most of these TV Christians.

[/quote]

Sometimes we all try to be more than we are. Try to over look Robertson’s over reaching. I know that there a lot of young men on this site who hate him. But I assure you Robertson, with all his many faults, has done more good than all of the haters combined.

As for Benny Hinn…I don’t know much about him. But if I’m not mistaken he claims to do healing. My thoughts on this are simple, if it were that easy to heal the hospitals would be empty. And the wheelchair and cane company’s would be out of business.

Religionist’s(Born again Assholes)these 2 are the Real satin!!!This benny Hinn is from Toronto and was actually a muslim born,until he became a born again christian.Why are Catholic’s not Born again? We where born right the 1st. time!!!Im an agnostic,as im totally unimpressed by religionist aHoles.john the Atheist?agnostic.

I’m not Catholic, but the staggering amount of Canes, Crutches, and Wheelchairs left behind
at Lourdes every month is ample evidence for SOMETHING going on…IDK What exactly.
As fot Hinn, IDK much either, but those supposed Smack on the Forehead ‘Healings’
disturb me as well…Is there ANY follow-up to all these Healings anyway?
IDK…I don’t understand how some MAY be healed, and some are not.
Confusing shit…good point on the Wheelchair and Cane Businesses lol.

Karado,

“For those whom much is given, much is expected…”

  • Governor Jerry Brown using the book of Luke to pass taxes on the rich.

Do you still hate Christianity when a Dem uses it for his thievery ?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

“Karado,”

Yes Maximus, I’m Here, how may I help you this Evening?

“For those whom much is given, much is expected…”

I agree, that’s from “SpiderMan” isn’t it?

  • “Governor Jerry Brown using the book of Luke to pass taxes on the rich.”

And early Americans used Scripture to justify Slavery…what’s your point?
My point is Christian Leaders should be held to the HIGHEST standard than some California
Liberal who’s practically a Saint to the Old Hippies over there…nice try.

“Do you still hate Christianity when a Dem uses it for his thievery ?”

I never said I personally hated Christianity, you did…Don’t put words
in my mouth.
Funny how you stayed completely silent on Pat Robertson.

Christian leaders do not have the power to tax, last time I checked, donations are voluntary.

I know you didn’t use the word hate, but when you called him a dick, I assumed that.

I just want to see if your hater-ism can reach across the aisle.

Well done sir.

[quote]Karado wrote:
Doesn’t the Deuteronomy say False Prophets should be Killed?
Just askin’.[/quote]

No,only halfwits such as yourself.
Do you always disengage your brain before you engage your mouth.

The problem with dimwits like you is that you try to force Christians into a position of either nihilism or perfection.

“Christians should either be perfect or they should not exist at all.”

The reason there are Christians is that non of us are perfect.

My imperfection lies in the fact that fucknuts like you get under my skin way too easily.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Christian leaders do not have the power to tax, last time I checked, donations are voluntary.

I know you didn’t use the word hate, but when you called him a dick, I assumed that.

I just want to see if your hater-ism can reach across the aisle.

Well done sir. [/quote]

I wonder if he thinks Bam is a dick too…I mean look at all the the predictions he fucked up on…and like you alluded Bam’s collections come at the point of a gun.[/quote]

Imagine Bam has you in a headlock and says…

“Gimme the money or else…”

Makes you wonder if a gun is pointed at you, if it still qualifies you as being an ally.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
But here’s the catch, I don’t think God speaks to people nearly as much as people would like to believe. Mostly, it is the human imagination at work and they cause themselves to believe that it is God who has spoken to them.[/quote]

Sadly it seems more and more out of simple human greed than imagination.

Jeaton Angrily Typed: "No,only halfwits such as yourself.
Do you always disengage your brain before you engage your mouth.

The problem with dimwits like you is that you try to force Christians into a position of either nihilism or perfection.

“Christians should either be perfect or they should not exist at all.”

The reason there are Christians is that non of us are perfect.

My imperfection lies in the fact that fucknuts like you get under my skin way too easily."

Please, Don’t give me the power to get under your skin, I don’t need the extra power.
This is a Grown Man, in full control of his words, who was not only very aware of what he was doing,
but also broke out into a hearty laughter each time after he said it, twice…it was deliberate.
Knowing that, there are only two choices here, either Expose it further, or Sweep
it under the Rug like it never happened.

“Christian leaders do not have the power to tax, last time I checked, donations are voluntary.”

The easiest thing to do, changing the subject while shooting the messenger, is that easier for
you than walking and chewing gum at the same time?
Still not a peep or a mutter from you on the twice same deliberate act in the video.

Pushharder typed :"It doesn’t necessarily. Not for the reasons you think.

This does give cause for those who already despise it to despise it more."

That’s the Dilemna…at the same time, once again this was delberate, and I
had to expose it.
Christianty is NOT devoid of false teachers that infiltrate it, The Bible even warns
about that, yet apparently no one here is aware of it and glosses right over it, these are the kind
of mental midgets that would probably defend Harold Camping as well.
Oh wait, Harold just made a mistake, that wasn’t deliberate, what was I thinkin?

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Karado,

“For those whom much is given, much is expected…”

  • Governor Jerry Brown using the book of Luke to pass taxes on the rich.

Do you still hate Christianity when a Dem uses it for his thievery ?[/quote]

Yes, they actually believe that.

Hispanic culture and black culture are failures. The people are taught to be unambitious, the most they are capable of is running liquor stores in run down neighborhoods. There are exceptions, of course, but those are way overshadowed by the people who couldn’t pass intermediate algebra or basic biology. They therefore live by thievery from the productive.

This is why southern Europe is a disaster area economically while northern Europe is prosperous, for example. Southern Europe has to beg the Germans and Austrians to save them. This is why almost all of Africa is a limitless shithole. These are loser cultures.

Japan doesn’t allow immigration. Guess why? They don’t want losers coming in and fucking everything up, like Europe with the Muslims and us with the Hispanics. In both places, they vote for thievery.

Sorry if I offended anyone. Those are the facts.

Not really sorry…

[quote]Karado wrote:
Jeaton Angrily Typed: "No,only halfwits such as yourself.
Do you always disengage your brain before you engage your mouth.

The problem with dimwits like you is that you try to force Christians into a position of either nihilism or perfection.

“Christians should either be perfect or they should not exist at all.”

The reason there are Christians is that non of us are perfect.

My imperfection lies in the fact that fucknuts like you get under my skin way too easily."

Please, Don’t give me the power to get under your skin, I don’t need the extra power.
This is a Grown Man, in full control of his words, who was not only very aware of what he was doing,
but also broke out into a hearty laughter each time after he said it, twice…it was deliberate.
Knowing that, there are only two choices here, either Expose it further, or Sweep
it under the Rug like it never happened.

[/quote]

Learn to use the quotes function, imbecile. It makes it easier to try to sort out which wrong path you are going down now.

Just as when you tried to belittle StevenF for suggesting grown adults with families and responsibilities shouldn’t be fucking around with psychedelics, you are out tilting at windmills again.

Slow down buddy, you have years to show us how stupid you are. You don’t have to cram it all into your first couple hundred posts.

Religion is hilarious. Luckily it’s not enough for some people to say you should believe in the flying spaghetti monster it’s also important that you PAY me because I work for the flying spaghetti monster. I should have got in on that racket a long time ago! Not hating, I’m jealous. Multi-million dollar pastors rock.