Shipping Surge, etc. to Canada

Hey everyone,

I’ve done some searching on the forums and wasn’t able to find any good info on importing Surge to Canada. I notice it lists valine, leucine, and isoleucine on the label and I’m wondering if that may cause problems at the border. I had a shipment of Nature’s Best Isopure stopped at the border a long time ago and I believe it was related to it’s inclusion of some controlled or prohibited amino acids or something (but my memory could be mistaken).

I’ve looked through the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/C-38.8/text.html) and didn’t find any of the ingredients listed but the laws and regulations are notoriously difficult to find and understand, heh. I did find some ambiguous mentions of valine, leucine, and isoleucine in the Food and Drug Regulations (http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/F-27/C.R.C.-c.870/text.html). I’m not quite sure what to make of them though.

Can anyone out there provide any info? I appreciate it.

Thanks,

jaydee

Surge is available in Canada so you should have no problems “importing it”. You can try buying it from a Canadian source online.

Jon

If you live in Ontario you can buy Surge and many other Biotest products at SND Canada.

Yeah, that’s what I thought too, until I checked the label on the Surge I bought in Canada. It doesn’t list the amino acids on it.

The reason I want to buy direct from T-Mag is because it’s way cheaper, even after exchange. Surge is about $65 CAD here. From T-Mag it’s $21 USD which is about $28 CAD. Even after shipping that’s only about 30 or 40 bucks Canadian.

Surge will make it over no problem.

Valine, Leucine, and Isoleucine are the BCAA’s. In other words they are essential amino acids. Might as well ban ground beef.

watch out with snd canada though…

check the expiry date.

jaystyles

Jaydee, not sure where you saw Surge for $65Cdn (probably GNC), but you can buy it from SND for $45Cdn. I don’t think that is much more expensive then buying it from T-Mag, by the time you factor exchange,shipping, and custom charges. I have ordered from Biotest and other companies from the U.S, and I always forget to factor Custom (GST) charges. So be careful when calculating the true costs.

I currently buy my stuff from SND Canada, however they stopped carrying my original Grow! so I have been forced to switch to the low carb variety. God only knows when they will stop altogether.

When I run out, im going to try buying the stuff from t-nation, shipping it to a friend in NY, and then having him ship it Canada Post over the border to me in Ontario.

Last time I talked to T-nation, they wanted 30 USD to ship my stuff to Canada, and that’s without factoring in the customs, tax and whatever else the friggin gov’t will slap on… In the end, it will cost me LESS to buy from SND even though the prices at t-nation are rock bottom.

I have brought Low Carb Grow! and Surge into Canada and was stopped at customs. They told me it looked funny? I told them you could buy it in Canada. They took it into the customs building and had me wait. They came back and said it was fine and I left. So I dont think that you will have a problem.

Maybe us canadians in ontario could do a ‘bulk’ order and perhaps a discounted shipping rate?

Thanks for all the info guys! I’m going to order from SND Canada.

I thought Free Trade was supposed to eliminate all the hassle of buying and shipping things across our border! heh.

jaydee

(As a note, I saw Surge for $65 CAD at a local supplement retailer called Health Depot).