Shipping in Canada

WOW!

Well at least we have a consistently inconsistent experiences!

Could anyone give more detail as to what the charges are upon delivery? I assume the standard shipping charges are collected by Biotest upfront. So based on my conversations with Canadian Border Services all you should be charged is GST (and maybe PST) and a brokerage charge from the carrier USPS should be ~$5, FedEx would be higher. No duties should need to be paid since supplements manufactured in the USA are covered under NAFTA.

So are people being charged duties or are people just using the word in place of the actual type of charge (sales taxes and brokerage charges)?

Alternative for people living near the border:

Apparently some people order the products to be delivered to a FedEx drop-off location and drive across the border to pick it up.

When returning to Canada, you are to claim it and pay the sales taxes. The only risk I see is being delayed and possible having some supplements being conficated.

The up side is you should be able to take advantage of the free delivery option.

[quote]Fishlips wrote a great story.

Just so you know what some of us do to get our Biotest…

[/quote]

Two questions:

1. Which products you brought back and they checked the ingredients

2. Was the customs girl cute and worth the wait? :slight_smile:

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:
Fishlips wrote a great story.

Just so you know what some of us do to get our Biotest…

Two questions:

1. Which products you brought back and they checked the ingredients

2. Was the customs girl cute and worth the wait? :)[/quote]

She looked for one of each: Alpha Male, Metabolic Drive, Flameout, Spike, Carbolin 19, Beta-7, BCAA’s etc.

She checked out the ingredients, probably looking for some words she might have recognized and asked if any of it was steroids and why we needed so many different things.

I just explained that it’s like when you go to some people’s homes and they have a cupboard full of different vitamins, well, it’s like that. She was satisfied and still overweight. So, no, she was not cute but didn’t give us much trouble.

Fish

[quote]buck mulligan wrote:
Yea, I’ve never had a problem, even with MAG-10. I, for one, would love to see a Biotest Canada outlet. I find the variables of exchanges, shipping and customs to be a pain, which turns a 35 dollar product in to 50 dollar + product. Would be nice to have a Canadian site with Canadian prices. [/quote]

Who do you use to ship? I want to order now and live in To. but there are conflicting posts here and yours would be the decider. USPS or Fedex(ground or air?)?

I’ve ordered with both FedEx and USPS and had no issues with any orders, including HOT-ROX Extreme, Carbolin 19 and BETA-7. What’s weird is sometimes they catch the order for taxes and handling and sometimes they don’t.

Considering the amount of orders Biotest gets from Canada, I’m surprised they don’t set-up a Canadian distribtion point.

[quote]dianab wrote:
I’ve ordered with both FedEx and USPS and had no issues with any orders, including HOT-ROX Extreme, Carbolin 19 and BETA-7. What’s weird is sometimes they catch the order for taxes and handling and sometimes they don’t.

Considering the amount of orders Biotest gets from Canada, I’m surprised they don’t set-up a Canadian distribtion point.[/quote]

If they had a Canadian distribution point; Sign me UP! (Let’s see if they’re listening…Alberta resident here who has only ordered the DVD’s, and they’ve arrived fine)

My last order was a bit over $400. Shipping was more than $80 and then cost me a bit over $30 for the extra customs charges.

Sounds like an arm and a leg, but was still much cheaper than purchasing from a Canadian company.

I’ve ordered a fair # of times using USPS & it usually takes 2-3 weeks for me to get my order (I work in downtown Toronto so I get it shipped to my work addy) & knock on wood I haven’t had any customs issues (I order usually Surge, Metabolic Drive, Flameout, Spike, etc.)

I’d love to see SND & Popeye’s LOWER their prices but life is what it is - they have to make their nut so I’m not knocking their hustle.

Last summer while in vacation in Sacramento I had a $150+ order shipped to my cousins place & that was the sweetest - came in 2 days - I even brought an extra suitcase just for the supps. lol

Canada Customs was cool on it as well so I got through without a hitch.

If only Biotest would offer a Fedex Ground option - I’ll still buy but it should be considered if our CDN volume warrants it.

I’ve never had any problem with orders either when I lived in B.C. and currently Alberta. It usually arrives within a week and is delivered by Canada post.I’m usually not home so I have to pick it up from the post outlet in Shoppers. One of my last orders was around 150$, Metabolic Drive, Grow! Whey, HRX, ZMA, Surge, and I only paid 12$ for customs fees.

All of my packages have been opened up by customs, even one time when I ordered a Testosterone T-shirt. When I lived in B.C customs used to call me all the time asking what I ordered, I usually just told them protein powder and vitamins. They would just ask for my credit card # for customs fees and then my package would arrive in a day or two. A Canadian outlet would still rock though, and if you (Biotest) decides to open one up I’d like to put my name in the hat for a job position:)

Thank you ladies and gentlemen for your input…so I can go with any method and I might get zinged by customs or not BUT I will get my stuff, even HRX or other questionables? (are there other ify products?)

BTW- I worked @ snd and they r major assholes and hypocrites who want to push shit that is a waste of time and money. Just in case they read this or maybe some of u can pass it along, “gregor u fat bastard and ur carlton sidekick; u are heinous, insidious, weak sacks o shit.”

[quote]TYR wrote:
Here’s my $0.02 for what it’s worth.

I have received EVERYTHING I have ever ordered from T-Nation/Biotest. Including MAG-10, Androsol, HRX, etc.

Last order I used the Fedex shipping option. I normally use the cheaper one but then get dinged for about $10-15 for customs/postage, etc.

So, I used the more expensive Fedex. Got charged about $16.00 extra and had my package opened. Still got everything but won’t use Fedex option again.

But from what I’ve seen here, Alberta is different than Ontario and I have to assume Quebec would be as well. [/quote]

How many times have you ordered and what percentage of that is with usps? its better to order bigger? isnt there a certain amount if its under or over THEN you pay duties?

I would love to order Biotest products such as Surge, Alpha Male, and Flameout, but the shipping costs to Ontario are ridiculous. If i buy one bottle for $30 shipping is $35, if i buy over $200 worth or product then shipping would $75. Incredible. I wish Biotest had a Canadian distribution center so we wouldn’t be bent over and taken for shipping from the U.S…

[quote]Xphobicas wrote:
I would love to order Biotest products such as Surge, Alpha Male, and Flameout, but the shipping costs to Ontario are ridiculous. If i buy one bottle for $30 shipping is $35, if i buy over $200 worth or product then shipping would $75. Incredible. I wish Biotest had a Canadian distribution center so we wouldn’t be bent over and taken for shipping from the U.S…[/quote]

I don’t get it, with USPS the charge is $35, that’s it. Two orders back my total was over $200, and the shipping was the same. Although there was taxes and an $8 handling charge. I don’t get why customs charges the provincial tax, that’s for in province purchases.
Everything comes listed as supplements, and no box has ever been opened. Even with HRX. I was thinking about a Canadian distribution center, they’d have to re-label all the product due to language issues. I’m sure that’s just one of the reasons Biotest doesn’t bother.
db

A lot of companies don’t distribute in Canada because of the federal labeling laws. They require companies to print there labels in both English and French. This can involve making an entirely new label since most companies has labels that cover there product completely. I have had the unfortunate experience of finding one of my favorite products, that I’ve been buying for twenty years, banned from Canada because of the labeling laws, life can really suck at times.

It seem alot of you like to chirp in but you FAIL to do any good as you are not providing WHO you shipped with!!!
Read the damn question and answer in detail or dont fucking bother, GOT IT!!!

YO! WILL ALL OF YOU READ THE FUCKING QUESTION! DETAILS PLEASE, LIKE WHO WAS SHIPPER, WHAT WAS SHIPPED(PRODUCT/COST), ANY TROUBLES AT BORDER, where u live, etc.
Be specific or dont waste your and my time!!!

[quote]realalpha wrote:
It seem alot of you like to chirp in but you FAIL to do any good as you are not providing WHO you shipped with!!!
Read the damn question and answer in detail or dont fucking bother, GOT IT!!![/quote]

Geez, and here I heard it was Rainjack who was the douche-bag…seems I heard wrong…

Holy crap dude I just read your post & you seem real angry man - any info is better than no info - wtf…

Sorry, was long day and had to make so many number crunching decisions. I get upset when things are vague…so here is my penance…
I ordered $850 worth of stuff. I live in Toronto. The shipping options were:
1.usps-$115(5-10 days or something close)
2.fed-ex-$105(3-5 days)
So i chose fed-ex.(it was ground,only option)
Then had to pay $117 in pst/gst/customs.
Thats that.