Shine on You Crazy Diamond

Oh you and me both. Mine came a whole week early. But at least it’s out of the way for my birthday, which is one thing (not that I’m getting laid, mind, but you never want cramps at a party).
Did the new muesli have wheat in it? That’s enough to make me blow up like a football.

I don’t watch TV. Basically when I get back from the gym around 7pm to 9pm I’m on here catching up and stuff. and most sundays too. But that’s just me.

11 Wednesday

Mil Press
85lb x 5
95lb x 3
105lb x 3

Deadlift
175 x 5
200 x 3
225 x 1

Upright Row
75 x 7
75 x 8
75 x 8

HLR x 8
Rev Fly x 10
external rotation x 10
arm flex x 10
pullups x 4

x 3 done in a circuit

Sweet little bit of training, nothing spectacular but it doesn’t need to be to make me happy. I managed to pull without no problems. I did not want to do more than what was on the list, my hamstrings and glutes are just starting to feel human again

n8tive, thanks for making my log look more impressive. I wish I could call that my workout AND say nothing spectacular.

Cal, yeah you’ll here me moan alot about, what did you call it, Flo.

nlmain, thanks for sharing.

Did some swimming last night, been a long time. I am out of shape, cardiovascular wise. Beginning of the year I was doing at least 30 lengths. Need-to-organise-everything better, including food so I have energy to do all I want to.

I practiced a couple of hang snatches, etc at home. even with just 10kg on an OH squat, my left wrist was pissy, feels like the joints/bones kinda grind on each other, meh!

wow, impressive swimming!

I like it too, but my techniques sucks to be able to make it true cardio :slight_smile:

TOM is better for me when my diet has been in check. Not ‘diet,’ but have not been eating a lot crap. The more crap I eat, the bitchier and more symptomatic I am.

Hey MiM, well not so impressive if you consider that most of my diving club can out swim me, and I have some swimming & little rescue tests coming up end of the year. But I mustn’t cut myself short (gotta stop doing that!)

Anyway since there has been a lot of other postings for powerful women, thought I’d share one of my music heroines. I’m pretty sure that if Sherrie put her mind to deadlifting, she’d be able to deadlift 3 times her body weight, she can be quite mean on the drums.

Alexus, ok I’ll do a trade, you can have my extra 10lbs.

if that includes 5lbs of muscle i’ll take it!

as for keeping up with all the logs… i found it really hard when i first joined because i had to do a lot of reading to see where conversations were at and kind of get to know what people were up to. now… um… i check logs while i’m watching tv (i mostly just have it for some background relaxation noise). and when i’m supposed to be working / writing. i think a few of us might have jobs that involve a lot of computer work…

i love grated ginger tea. not a fan of chamomile… but like adding lemon and a little honey to the ginger. nice that you could take some time around your monthly. understand about the coach. different people can have different ideas, too. sometimes it is helpful, but sometimes it can be confusing.

30 laps sounds like a lot to me! tried to get into swimming after injuring my feet. can’t kick properly :frowning: couldn’t even swim half a length :frowning:

I’m a “floating” diver, not a swimmer and not rescue material. I just love finding the perfect buoyancy, sitting in lotus and floating by the choral…

nlmain, yeah I have to do some rescue stuff just as a precaution. Hmm speaking of ‘floating’ I’m doing drift diving this weekend, should be fun.

Really quickly,
did prehab (except bench single leg squat, was running late)
did some snatches (a different coach only had me work 18kg, as he was hesitant about my wrist)
cleans, up to 38kg (uh I must’ve been cleaning at 40+kg last time because 38 wasn’t anything too challenging, gotta pay attention the the weight the coaches put on)

4 sets 8 reps reverse lunge 20kg: 10 DB ea
4 sets 8 bulgarians 20kg: 10 DB ea

It was good to get a different coach, as he noticed I needed to focus on driving my hips UP to meet the bar, he explained slightly differently too (not that I got it but something to think about).

Hmm the allure of olympic shoes…

Will catch up later.

Isn’t 30 laps over a mile?! Good work! It’s always nice to get a new coach’s perspective.

yes shoes are good if you can get some. glad to hear things went ok with the other coach. i really like having people try and explain things to me in different ways. sometimes something just seems to click!

Ironcross…30 laps would be 3/4 of a mile, pool is 25 metres (had to do some math there). I could only do 10 though last time, its amazing how fast it all goes. And I have to say that it is mixed styles that I did the 30 in, don’t think I could sustain the normal front crawl for that long.

But I think I’m going to start bringing in my fins instead since it requires the use of the legs more. Normal swimming was used to help my arm/shoulder recovery, but the fins would develop my quads (its all about the down stroke) a bit more which would be good for cleans. I think?? Not to mention the test I’ll have to do eventually is done in full snorkel gear.

Alexus, yeah I was nervous at first without my normal coach, I don’t know why, but I’m always a nervous wreck. Especially that bus ride prior to lifting, I’m used to just putting on my headphones and doing a workout. I of course very much appreciate having a place where there are coaches and other members that help your form out, but it’s kinda like having to go up on stage. So far I just never know how my body will respond. I do know that caffeine & carbs are in order though.

Was going to go sprinting today but managed to bang my foot up, skin is off my toe. This little accident was only just from walking around my home, wtf! Klutz klutz klutz!

I’ve gone all sustainable this week, got some veggies/fish from local farmers and fishmongers.

was the drift dive fun?

also why the safety class? was it your own initiative? precaution for who?

I might look into it when I have enough dives under my belt to get my master diver…

[quote]nlmain wrote:
was the drift dive fun?

also why the safety class? was it your own initiative? precaution for who?

I might look into it when I have enough dives under my belt to get my master diver…[/quote]

Drift dive was good, a bit hard to orientate myself the way I like, I kept bumping into my buddy from the current. Viz was CRAP though.

Rescue stuff is for the club. I guess the goal is to ensure everyone can take care of not only themselves but the rest of the members should anything happen. It’s not the actual hardcore rescue stuff (although might look into that myself later on) but gives you a bit a confidence underwater. I had to do some buddy towing exercises with and without gear early on this year, the usual CPR/resuscitation classes as well. Some more stuff later on this year too.

Ah so my coach told me I had actually gotten up to 45kg on the hang cleans, at least the clean doesn’t bother my wrists, so should be able to work on upping the weight next week.

My foot is still yucky and gross, so had to skip the usual Oly lifting and just work some strength/mobility exercises including some core. Even though I wasn’t working on snatches, I was thinking about them. Was watching another member, and I think I can see the difference in driving up the hips.

Usual prehab, except I couldn’t do the lunges w/ my left foot.

Step ups
Glute activation

3 sets of 8 reps
DB Press ups
Benching (close grip, again shoulder still a bit iffy)
Inverted Rows (these felt weaker than last time)

3 sets 10 reps
Planks
Side planks
Side punches
Ball taps

Don’t think I sweated enough though.

I’ve got nothing interesting to say. I’ve decided to just try to enjoy the process of O-lifting and as long as I’m taking care of my weaknesses (ie my wrists, hip & shoulder) progress is progress. I’m at that age where if I’m going to put in a lot of time for something, it’ll be for the long haul. The hour bus journey was no joke, and someone took my favourite seat on the bus.

Again we skipped Oly lifts but got in a very quick strength session:
Step ups
Bulgarian squat (only 1 set)
Alternating press ups (shoulders still damn unstable)
Rows (14kg was easy, hopefully back up to 20kg very soon)
BB Benching (we are going to work through the slight hitching of my shoulder)

I don’t think the English language is descriptive enough for describing the lifts. Apparently ‘bring your hips into it’ doesn’t necessarily mean bang it off the fucking bar. I personally would’ve said ‘bring the hips into play’ but what do I know.

@ your hipt talk - I was talking to one of my customers last week about my deadlift numbers at the meet and was mimicking the move (including hip thrust).

customer trying to keep a straight face: “I am strangely aroused by this” lol!

hip play for the win.

[quote]nlmain wrote:
@ your hipt talk - I was talking to one of my customers last week about my deadlift numbers at the meet and was mimicking the move (including hip thrust).

customer trying to keep a straight face: “I am strangely aroused by this” lol!

hip play for the win.[/quote]

Haha, might be a good way to attract more customers. Yeah and the guy who my coach was speaking to, he complained about a sore pubic bone, not sure what kinda therapy there is for that.

Went sprinting, uh yeah been way too long, cardio fitness not so good. But I do believe those bulgarians helped.