T Nation

Shine on You Crazy Diamond

Thanks Hallies, Patches & Mainsies! Just FYI…

Got some relief from the osteopath, for about 2 days, but that’s 2 days more that I didn’t before. In agony again yesterday. Saw him again today, and my did he crack something good in my chest/ribs. I’m hoping it’ll calm down soon.

I’d like to say I’m making plans but at the moment I’m just taking things hour by hour. I’m still lurking around PW & everyone’s long, but seriously, it hurts to type. MRI on Wed morning. Trying not to think of how much this is all costing either.

Hang in there Sister!

stopping by to huggle you, gently of course!

Thanks again gals! That osteo appt did diddly squat this time, not sure if it made it worse. I’m seeing him AGAIN tomorrow since he’s near the MRI place. After that, I don’t know, if I don’t get some relief again.

I’m still unsure if my problem is actually needing more thoracic mobility. I was told again that I actually have hypermobility in that area, well except for the 2 places where everything is stuck.

Ok so once I’m on the right side of this damn pain & I know where I’m going…I gots some reading to do starting with this stuff…

http://www.dieselsc.com/back-rehab-protocol/

I know I’m a long way away from thinking long term but there are some who are saying maybe I shouldn’t do oly lifting anymore. Not something I want to hear or think about. I’m hoping it’ll just take me a long time to get back to it, rather than not doing it.

Oy, so frustrating that they can’t pinpoint what the exact problem is.

I think this is a good thought to stick to, there are plenty of times when people do things they weren’t ever supposed to do again.

Haha, thanks Patches, you find the best pics.

So well MRI showed nothing in upper back, a few things in lower back though like degeneration. But could be the lower back has been constantly tugging on upper back, a relatively hypermobile upper back at that. I don’t know, everyone has their theories. The only person I’ve seen who is determined to try to help me find answers is the K the Physical Therapist. My last osteopath visit, I don’t know what he did but its hurts like a mo-fo when I try to touch the ribs & around my heart. Next appt is Monday with him, after that I don’t know about going to him for this again. I think he might be able to help with my cramps next for TOM though, but that’s another worry to worry about later.

Went back to Dr, she wasn’t there but a stand in gave me an anti-inflammatory shot and some new pain killers. And the usual, ‘these things happen, blah blah’ So my new cocktail is Difene, Diazepam & Xymel. The Xymel is one I didn’t have before, seems to be working better but I feel woozy. Also gave me some pills to help line my stomach so all this doesn’t upset it more.

I wound up walking around like a zombie for an hour, it kind of hurts to sit but walking gives me some relief but also pain, but I’m sick of sitting & not doing anything. I’m trying to do little movements now & then to hopefully keep things loose.

[quote]minimaltechno wrote:
Haha, thanks Patches, you find the best pics.

So well MRI showed nothing in upper back, a few things in lower back though like degeneration. But could be the lower back has been constantly tugging on upper back, a relatively hypermobile upper back at that. I don’t know, everyone has their theories. The only person I’ve seen who is determined to try to help me find answers is the K the Physical Therapist. My last osteopath visit, I don’t know what he did but its hurts like a mo-fo when I try to touch the ribs & around my heart. Next appt is Monday with him, after that I don’t know about going to him for this again. I think he might be able to help with my cramps next for TOM though, but that’s another worry to worry about later.

Went back to Dr, she wasn’t there but a stand in gave me an anti-inflammatory shot and some new pain killers. And the usual, ‘these things happen, blah blah’ So my new cocktail is Difene, Diazepam & Xymel. The Xymel is one I didn’t have before, seems to be working better but I feel woozy. Also gave me some pills to help line my stomach so all this doesn’t upset it more.

I wound up walking around like a zombie for an hour, it kind of hurts to sit but walking gives me some relief but also pain, but I’m sick of sitting & not doing anything. I’m trying to do little movements now & then to hopefully keep things loose. [/quote]

These things happen? Did Doc have a timeline for relief? Or a solution? pft.

So I guess we just need to take the Oly lifting to a whole new level… no damn injuries are of any relevance.

are, ummmm…menz allowed in here?

there are some awesome oly vids in here, Techie - sorry to hear about the injury/pain.

pain sucks.

mind if I stop in from time to time? there is some serious shit going on in this log.

I have a shit-ton of flexion in my t-spine but no extension to speak of. Perhaps it’s something like that. I know that when I arch, the lack of flexion in the t-spine means all my flexion comes from the lumbar zone. Which isn’t great, really. My lower back gets achey if I do a lot of standing around or waiting in slow-moving queues (eg, airports and rollercoaster lines). And not happy but last weekend I got some (well, a lot) of pain in my SI joint, left-hand side, while squatting. The pain is much better now but not gone completely and I’m getting some unholy noises when I foam roll my back.

So I’d always recommend doing thoracic extension work (and to be honest, I don’t do enough, cos I’m lazy like that).

Hope you get it sorted though.

Boobies.

Hi minimaltechho- there is a book that helped me somewhat when my back was at its worst called “Pain Free” YOu can also search for “Egoscue Method” in youtube for some free examples. The main exercise is laying in the floor with legs in 90/90 like an astronaut position with calves on a chair. Then bringing arms overhead etc. I still do that almost every day. Good luck. At least the MRI didn’t show anything. I felt the whole stiffness up and down my spine for the first few weeks. My yoga teacher said my back was “reorganizing”. I felt that it was an important time to focus on maintaining the best possible posture I could (if in fact it was reorganizing).

Hallie, I got jack squat information from any of these professionals. My PT K, sounds like he’s even kind of given up. He suggested maybe some nerve shots or something like that.

I’m due to see the Osteopath on Monday, in the mean while finally the new type of pain killers I have actually works, I only woke up once last night, so that’s something at least. I’ll call my Dr when she gets back & see what Monday’s osteopath appt does to me, but then I guess I’m going to have to try to find someone that can give me some answers.

There is a Physio that I found on the internet, I’m just waiting to see how I get on before I start giving someone else my money. But the clinic has the works it seems.

Edgy,
Menz are allowed, if you don’t mind the occasional period talk. Ah those old oly vids were my growing pains using the wrong equipment, but I learned a couple of things, so to speak. As soon as I’m back, I’m going to do vids in my proper gym.

Cal, yeah I don’t know, was told my t-spine is hypermobile. As soon as I can I’m going to do a whole mess load of mobility work. Hope your aches work themselves out.

Recon- thanks, I’ll look into those recommendations. I was actually doing a little mantra in my head for a few days, saying that my body is “realigning” itself and all that jazz. I’m just so tired.

Patches, HA you so silly, but I need some silliness now that’s for sure.

Wow pain that won’t go away. Fucking sucks and sounds really draining.
Try to keep your spirits up.

Here’s a gif for the lulz.

me sowwy :frowning:

Hey Charlies! Thanks, is the Van-Dam-those-legs-are-fine (even if he is a midget)?
You’re that sprinter, I perused your log before. As soon as this shit is over I’m going back to doing some sprints, I slacked off big time last year or two. Its amazing what you miss when you can’t do shit.

MiMsy, thanks sweetie, at least you guys are keeping me some what insane (insanity takes my mind off pain).

My usual mental pain management techniques are not working too well. Think I had it down for actually muscle pain of sorts, but doesn’t work on spine pain, if that makes any sense. Anyhoo I got a book from library about managing pain & a book about anti-inflammatory diets. I did some light stretches, tried wall slides but that even bothers me. Funny thing is if I do light body tapping where it hurts it kinda lessens the pain while I’m doing them.

Another day, but at least pain killers are helping me a bit more, have not cried for the last 36 hours :slight_smile: Although I feel like a junkie.

MT - you’ve had this for a while now. what are you eating? I’m thinking you might have some sort of mineral difficiency. Maybe not absorbing something? Can the docs give you a blood test? Maybe get a mineral supplement over the counter paired with a multi? I know there has been some positive feedback in regards to treating muscular related diseases with creatine. I’d try it out in small doses.

FOOKIN Crapass worthless doctors really frost my cookies.

Infuriating.

We are here for.any ongoing insanity requirements. We got yo back girl!

Nlmain, I was actually thinking of starting on my diet. Seems B12 & magnesium are some good vits for this type of pain. Also I have a whey shake that has creatine it, I’ll start drinking that again.

Thanks Hallie!

Anyway I’m starting a new log over in the old farts area, just until I get my mojo back, just needed a change. Besides lots of you go over there anyway.

Ah, must admit I don’t - I tend to stick with one forum as I waste too much time on the internet as it is.
I hope you get your back issues resolved soon. All the best.