Shelf Life of Powders?

If vacuum sealed in an opaque package and put in a freezer, how long would powder (test, tren, EQ, etc) last?

I can’t prove it, but I’ve heard that if stored properly, powders can easily last 5+ years while still retaining 99% of their original potency/purity. Anyone disagree/agree or have contrary/consistent evidence? Thanks.

I know a guy who thinks he has too much powder. I told him that if he vacuum sealed it and put it in the freezer it would stay good for him but I don’t think he’s convinced and I’m worried he’s going to do something stupid like try to sell some to his “gym buddies”.

This is generally true for anything as moisture, light and heat are the enemies to shelf life for just about everything.

[quote]ubergreg wrote:
If vacuum sealed in an opaque package and put in a freezer, how long would powder (test, tren, EQ, etc) last?

I can’t prove it, but I’ve heard that if stored properly, powders can easily last 5+ years while still retaining 99% of their original potency/purity. Anyone disagree/agree or have contrary/consistent evidence? Thanks.

I know a guy who thinks he has too much powder. I told him that if he vacuum sealed it and put it in the freezer it would stay good for him but I don’t think he’s convinced and I’m worried he’s going to do something stupid like try to sell some to his “gym buddies”.[/quote]

You have all of the correct ideas.

I don’t think you even need to go so far as vacuum sealing anything. Just make sure it is airtight and there’s no way moisture can get in and your friend will be fine.

Course, if I were you, I might offer to take his extras off his hands for him so he doesn’t have to worry about it :wink:

[quote]Cortes wrote:
ubergreg wrote:

I know a guy who thinks he has too much powder. I told him that if he vacuum sealed it and put it in the freezer it would stay good for him but I don’t think he’s convinced and I’m worried he’s going to do something stupid like try to sell some to his “gym buddies”.

I don’t think you even need to go so far as vacuum sealing anything. Just make sure it is airtight and there’s no way moisture can get in and your friend will be fine.

Course, if I were you, I might offer to take his extras off his hands for him so he doesn’t have to worry about it :wink:
[/quote]

A freezer is a very humid environment. Vacuum sealing is about the only way you will keep moisture out.

Not to worry, steroid esters in general are very stable.

The only exception is trenbolone esters. If fresh in the first place, they should be good for a couple of years in the freezer at least. Moisture would not be a concern, as the problem is instead oxidation. A regular freezer bag would be fine for any steroid powder, no need for vacuum.

Good thought for less stable things, though.

Interesting. As far as Tren not lasting as long, what about Finaplix-H still in the original package? As I understand it, it comes in little sealed packs containing the cartridges of pellets. If you were to just throw those in the freezer, would they last longer than just plain raw powder that had been extracted from the pellets via “crystal method”, or purchased from an UGL?

For each 10 degrees C under the recommended storage temperature, you could figure a doubling of the shelf life. I forget both the storage temperature indicated on the label and the shelf life, but two years sounds reasonable.

Now as to why there is any instability in the foil packs, I have no idea. Odd.

Finaplix used to not come in the foil packs. It could perhaps be that the specified shelf life wasn’t changed after the packaging change and is now an underestimation, but I don’t know.

[quote]DOHCrazy wrote:
Cortes wrote:
ubergreg wrote:

A freezer is a very humid environment. Vacuum sealing is about the only way you will keep moisture out.
[/quote]

I have kept powders in the fridge for almost two years now, and have last few grams of some prop that was the first thing I ever put in there. I put the already sealed baggy into a heavy duty freezer bag and push most of the air out and so far I have not had a single problem with this method. The prop is still just as good as when I first purchased it, as well.

And my freezer is a piece of shit old model that cakes up with ice and has to be thawed out once every couple of months :wink: