Sheldon Adelson

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2014/04/03/all_sheldon_adelson_wants_122162.html

I am not sure of the dates but the timing is awesome . Adelson basically extorting the favor of squashing on line gambling for campaign contributions and not even thinly veiling it .

I don’t take issue with the fact he asks; it’s that he gets the answer he is after that bothers me.

the problem has probably always been there but it has to be at least thinly veiled and there were legal limits . One thing I agree with Beans is America is a low info country and money almost always controls it .

Fuck these motherfuckers. I used to make serious bank (well, not serious, but enough to pay the bills in college) playing online poker for money until the SAFE port act where

Yes, legislation that had to do with ports got tied into internet gambling. Why? Republican dickfuck Bill Frist. Tied onto legislation that had nothing to do with it at the end of a session on a bill EVERYONE would support.

Remember this when you think Republicans are the party of small government. Remember this when you think Democrats are the only ones trying to get your personal freedoms taken away from you. Remember that when you think Republicans are the party of states rights. Don’t let yourself get fooled by Democrats and don’t let yourself get fooled by Republicans. We’re getting ready to go vote for many of these same assholes who do the same thing to us all the time and we will talk about how “different” that elephant and donkey are. Nah, both animals. Different in what they eat? Not really. They both feed from the trough of expansive government.

Kudos to Adelson for being upfront about what he wants. He has no shortage of people willing to listen to him. Just trying to use money to buy protection like the mob would.

Welcome to American politics.

I agree it is American Politics , I just do not embrace the acceptance of corrupting it :slight_smile:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
I agree it is American Politics , I just do not embrace the acceptance of corrupting it :)[/quote]

Are you pretending the corruption is a new phenomenon?

[quote]H factor wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
I agree it is American Politics , I just do not embrace the acceptance of corrupting it :)[/quote]

Are you pretending the corruption is a new phenomenon? [/quote]

not even , just it has a new high bar