Sheiko - What to Expect? Advice?

I gained 15 lbs in about 1 years time with no hypertrophy work.

Fun fact: I’ve never gained muscle faster than what I’ve done with Sheiko. And I used to train bodybuilding splits before I started powerlifting training.

I believe it. Just goes to show everyone responds differently, there are also those who use Sheiko and stay in lower weight classes.

[quote]DragnCarry wrote:
Brad Cutler wrote:
DragnCarry wrote:
Sheiko won’t make you bigger but it will make you stronger. It’s quite different to most other programs.

Are you serious? I went up a weight class due to 16 weeks on the CMS/MS last year.

Are you a CMS or MS? That is a lot of volume and intensity if you aren’t.

I’ve put a lot of weight on with Sheiko, too, by eating a lot. But I could have put on a lot more if I were training for hypertrophy.

[/quote]

Im a CMS (2008 was 220/122/290@90 and just missing 301 deadlift at lockout in comp belt only in IPF comp).

Sheiko is a good amount of volume, I doubt any bodybuilding program could give me as much muscle as doing squat/bench/pulls 4 times a week…

[quote]molnes wrote:
Fun fact: I’ve never gained muscle faster than what I’ve done with Sheiko. And I used to train bodybuilding splits before I started powerlifting training. [/quote]

Doesn’t surprise me in the slightest. For starters the majority of the bodies muscle in is in the core/legs, and the only program that I would consider harder on the lower body than Sheiko is Smolov. I cant see how pumping some guns and back is going to improve any more hypertrophy than that.

Sheiko gets you up to your appropriate class quickly.