Sheiko: See How Everyone Is Killed Online

Well I geuss the title of my log is a little bit of a lie. I will be embarking on shieko journey, I will be running #29 Running up to my meet in 4 weeks, I’ll Also be using a 6 Day Week so that I have a full week deload leading up to the meet. So my training is going to look a little bit like this

Day 1: Bench,Squat,Bench
Day 2: Rest
Day 3:Dead,Bench,Dead
Day 4: Rest
Day 5: Bench,Squat
Day 6: Rest
Day 7: Start Week Two
and so on.

I’m hope fully going to total over 1000lbs at my up coming meet although it would be nice to hit 1100, I used some pretty low maxes in this sheiko cycle I might bump it up 5% depending on how I feel coming into the workout. Going into this cycle I’ll be using the maxes of 365/255/365.

Week 1 Day 1

Bench
RepsxSetsxWeight
5x1x135
4x2x155
3x2x175
3x5x195

Squat
5x1x185
5x2x225
5x5x255

Bench
5x1x135
5x1x155
4x4x185

Dumbell Flies
10x5x25

Good Mornings
5x5x185

This workout wasn’t extremly hard I managed to get everything through pretty quickly. I ended up supersetting my warm up of my squats with my heavy benches and vice versa. I might have to bump my numbers up even the last sets wernt extremly hard, at the end of the week im going to reevaluate my training and go from there.

Week 1 Day 3

Dead To Abouve Knee
Reps Sets Wieght
3x1x185
3x2x225
3x2x255
3x4x275

Incline Bench
6x4x135

Dips
5x5xBW

Rack Pulls
4x1x205
4x1x235
4x2x275
3x4x315

Lunge
5x5x135

Decline Abs
10x3xBW 25

This workout seemed to take for ever even though it was only an hour an a half. The deads to knees were easy as shit and the rack pulls were a bitch just cause my grip wanted to go. I finally had time to go get my rack today overal first impression is it looks fuckin sick. I think i was worse than a kid on christmas or jen meeting a real powerlifter in her gym.

Bench

5 1 128
5 1 153
4 1 179
3 2 191
2 2 204
3 2 191
4 1 179
6 1 153
8 1 128

Squat
5 1 183
4 2 219
3 2 256
3 5 274

Today’s workout accutally felt very easy even though i feel like shit. I didnt sllep much last night. My shuats all look like thier high and I feel like I’m getting as deep as my tight fuckin legs will let me. hopefully I can get a massage later on in the week to loosen me up it seems to help the last time. And if your in the calgary south area an need a place to train fire me a pm or just post on here

[quote]prodiboy wrote:
I think i was worse than a kid on christmas or jen meeting a real powerlifter in her gym.[/quote]

HAHA!! I got excited when I saw a guy benching more than two plates the other day! That almost never happens, how sad…

I think my gym actually gets more pathetic as time goes by.

Maybe sometime I’ll come to calgary so I can go to the zoo and train at your place…

haha yeah one of only four places that I know of. My old commercial gym there was a guy who squatted in the 6s with wraps and benched in the 5s. For the most part it’s all garage gyms and theyre all atleast 45 mins away from me

Week 2 Day 1
Squat
reps sets weight
5 1 183
4 1 219
3 2 256
2 5 292
Bench
5 1 128
4 1 153
3 2 179
3 5 204

Overall not a bad workout, going to do the 2nd part of the workout tomorrow morning with front squats

Deadlift up to knees
3 1 183
3 1 219
3 2 256
2 4 274
Bench press
6 1 128
6 2 153
6 4 166

Deadlift from boxes
4 1 201
4 1 237
4 2 274
4 4 315
This wasnt Overly hard 315 hurt my hands like a bitch. I’m looking forward to training the training cycle after the meet I’m debated on what cycle of sheiko im going to run. Video will be up shortly

Ive had so many thing going back inforth in my head on how my training should be structure I’ve been bouncing back and forth between Sheiko and 5/3/1 and westside method so I thought I’d list the pro and conds of each and make my descision off that

5/3/1
Pros:
Slow progress
Program thats proven
works of principal less is more

Cons:
Feel like im not working that hard most of the time
Feels like theres not enough volume

Westside
Pros:
Proven that it works
lost of variety
Works well for both geared and raw lifters

Cons:
Too much variety
No acess to dumbelss to do asecssory work
not enough struture with my training ADD

Sheiko
Pros:
Lots of volume
Highly structured
Pretty much always using the competition lifts
Can train with it at home

Cons:
Long Workouts
Little to no information out their on how to from from one program to the next
Your body is pretty beat up after the end of the cycle

As I’ve done some more digging on sheiko ive realised there’s not really any structure to the programs.

I’ve been doing more reseach on shieko, I think after the meet I’ll run 29,29,32,32,32,37,37,37,Meet. This will take to about the time frame where i’ll be able to compete again. I also found another article ill copy and paste it below.
while ago I came across an interesting training protocol (that you’ve heard of I’m sure) called Sheiko. This Russian training protocol was named after Boris Sheiko, a Russian powerlifting coach. The texts written by Mr. Sheiko have only recently been translated into English and, from the sound of it, I think someone used an online translation website because the grammar has not been modified from its’ original form in Russian. The words have been literally translated one by one rather than spoken as they would have been in English. This makes it extremely difficult to understand. My step-mother and her family are from Russia and, unless you have hung out with a lot of fresh-off-the-boat Russians, you probably don’t understand how different their language is from our own. When a Russian first learns to speak English you really have no idea what the hell it is they are saying even if they can pronounce the English words properly because they say everything backwards or in a way that a native English speaker never would have thought to say it. Getting back on topic; Americans are just beginning to understand how to use the Sheiko protocols properly because we don’t know what Mr. Sheiko is saying exactly in his books.

There are several different Sheiko training protocols which are each designated by numbers. Training protocols #29, #29 version 2, #30,#31,#32, #37, #39, #40, CMS-MS Prep, CMS-MS Prep 2, CMS-MS Prep 3, CMS-MS Comp, MSIC Prep and MSIC Comp are the Sheiko programs which I have been able to find. How are they supposed to be used? This is kind of a mystery to me. I have read several different articles that I have found around the internet as well as some of the original material written by Mr. Sheiko. The articles found on the web present a lot of conflicting information since there isn’t a lot of clarity regarding this style of training yet and the material written by Mr. Sheiko (which I am more accustomed to understanding that most Americans since I grew up around so many Russians) is very difficult to understand and doesn’t divulge much information as to what order or for exactly what purpose these different training programs should be used.

What I have deduced is that #29, #29 version 2, #30 and #31 are preparatory cycles. They can be used to build a strong foundation for a lifter. They utilize moderate weight and extremely high volume training and will therefore help you to develop a large work capacity and recovery ability. #32 is a peaking cycle for a beginning/ intermediate lifter and can be done as a contest preparation cycle for someone who is relatively new to Sheiko style training. This would be done after a preparatory cycle or after several preparatory cycles performed consecutively.

Cycles #37, #39 and #40 are preparatory cycles that are more advanced than #29-#31. Cycle #40 uses insanely high volume, especially for the bench press so strap your nuts on before you try that one. These cycles should be worked up to using the less advanced cycles for someone who hasn’t tried Sheiko training before. Attempting to perform one of them right away would basically be suicide and you probably wouldn’t even finish it. The CMS-MS Prep and Comp cycles are used the same way that the rest of the cycles are, you will first perform a few preparatory cycles to gain strength and then peak in strength using a competition cycle.

I have not had the opportunity to try all of these training programs, but I have had some success using #29 as the accumulation phase during block periodization and then swapping to a westside template for the transmutation phase. This is a calculator which has all of the cycles and automatically calculates the weights for you (this saves a lot of time!) If you use an Android phone there is an app called “Sheiko Droid” which has all of the major programs and will calculate the weights for you right on your phone! This is really convenient since you can bring your phone with you to the gym.

Your last post was too long so I didn’t read it, ha-ha, BUT I am really liking Korte 3x3 right now. Just figured I’d throw that out there to add to your training ADD.

[quote]Spock81 wrote:
Your last post was too long so I didn’t read it, ha-ha, BUT I am really liking Korte 3x3 right now. Just figured I’d throw that out there to add to your training ADD. [/quote]

Hehe Nope Sheiko seems like what im going to do cept on the pyramids im going to add 4 singles at 85-90%

Week 2 Day 5
Squat
5 1 183
4 1 219
3 2 246
2 5 292
6 1 315
Bench
5 1 128
4 1 153
3 2 179
2 2 204
2 1 225
3 1 191
5 1 166
10 1 135
Squat
5 1 183
5 2 219
4 3 246
8 1 246

Today was the first day I was like HOLY FUCK how in the fuck am i going to finish this. All I could think of was the stevie P pic of why are you here lol. By the begining of the 2nd round of squat my bar was competly raw it was oncomfortabl to even unrack the wieght. I also found out that i ripped the bottom half of the callous off on both my hand atleast it wasnt complete no scab= I can’t bitch out of pulling. Oh well I geuss It might help with my inablity to grow proper facial hair. And Yep I can’t figure out a proper name for my log

in

It’s processing and should be up in a few. I think my squats are high. If someone could comfirm this would be nice also my squat form needs work. It will be interesting to get up on the platform since I’ll be attempting weights that i’ve never even attempted in the gym

Week 3 Day 1

Squat
5 1 201
4 1 237
3 2 274
2 4 310

Bench
5 1 128
4 1 153
3 2 179
3 6 204

Got the stomach flu later in the day didn’t do the 2nd workout.

Week 3 Day 3

Deadlift
3 1 183
3 1 219
3 2 256
2 4 274
Did the wrong deadlift workout today Did week 2 day 3 instead of Week 3 Day 3 cause im retarded and dont know how to read an excel spreadsheet

Bench
5 1 128
4 1 153
3 2 179
2 3 204
2 2 217
3 2 204

Felt like shit after this decieded to call it a day
Week 3 Day 4

Rack Pulls Pin #1
4 1 219
4 2 256
3 2 292
2 3 335

FInished the rest of the workout from yesterday

I like your log title.

[quote]zenontheterrible wrote:
I like your log title.[/quote]

Thanks, I thought it would bring people in

Birthday Bash
Week 3 Day 5

Squats
5 1 183
4 1 219
3 2 275
3 6 315

Bench
5 1 128
4 1 153
3 2 179
3 5 204
1 6 205

Overal not a bad workout. I’m excited to go train with arramzy on monday. hopefully ill have someone that i can train with regularily since my current partner is MIA. Anways TED the move is fucking hilarious go see it if you haven’t. It’s hot as shit here it’s hard keeping the water i need in. I plan on doing a diet entry tomorrow since all i’ve eatten in the past two days is garbage. OH and Ben Seath’s crock pot chicken smells like hotdogs but actually tastes good be chicken boobs i’ve ever eaten considering most of the chicken boobs i eat are dry as shit