Sheiko Questions

Donâ??t quite know if this is the appropriate section to ask about sheiko, but screw it. Anyway been on 5/3/1 for about a year, am now running Smolov Squat Routine and Smolov Junior for Bench simultaneously. After doing this program for a while I plan to retest my maxes and move onto sheiko.
A few questions regarding how it is setup. Particularly Iâ??ve run into some confusion regarding the duration, deloads, etc of the program. Based on the spreadsheet that I currently have its listed as a 4 week program (montly training routine). From what I understand Sheiko is a 13-week program (I may be wrong on this), so my question is do I run the monthly training program, deload for a week then retest your maxes or what? I couldnâ??t find a concise place to find information on the matter that was clearly written or didnâ??t give a link to a translation that was absolute garbage.
Also a concise explanation of what CMS-MS Prep is would be helpful too.

[quote]IronZarathustra wrote:

Donâ??t quite know if this is the appropriate section to ask about sheiko, but screw it. Anyway been on 5/3/1 for about a year, am now running Smolov Squat Routine and Smolov Junior for Bench simultaneously. After doing this program for a while I plan to retest my maxes and move onto sheiko.
A few questions regarding how it is setup. Particularly Iâ??ve run into some confusion regarding the duration, deloads, etc of the program. Based on the spreadsheet that I currently have its listed as a 4 week program (montly training routine). From what I understand Sheiko is a 13-week program (I may be wrong on this), so my question is do I run the monthly training program, deload for a week then retest your maxes or what? I couldnâ??t find a concise place to find information on the matter that was clearly written or didnâ??t give a link to a translation that was absolute garbage.
Also a concise explanation of what CMS-MS Prep is would be helpful too.[/quote]

No, I don’t think you are supposed to retest that often. From what I remember, you can do something like start at a higher volume routine move progressively to a higher weight routine (using the same max) And test after 3-4 months. Or you can go by feel and add 5 or 10 pounds to your max from cycle to cycle.

cms-ms refers to what lifter classification you are. ( Sheiko Shakes Up Powerlifting for a chart)

Prep is just a standard cycle (not peaking for a competition).

Be prepared to work your ass off in the gym for 2 or 3 hours at a time. =0)

Regarding the duration of the cycle then its just one of the programs listed as a ‘monthly routine’ add 5lbs to upperbody, 10lbs to lower body then run the routine again. Are you supposed to run a different program after another or are you able to do the same program consecutively? Also again - are there deloads or do you run the program back to back?

Duration isn’t that much of an issue for me. I’m passionate enough about lifting that I make time.

Run the programs back to back.

Also, google “BMF Sheiko”.

Regarding the duration of the cycle then its just one of the programs listed as a ‘monthly routine’ add 5lbs to upperbody, 10lbs to lower body then run the routine again. Are you supposed to run a different program after another or are you able to do the same program consecutively? Also again - are there deloads or do you run the program back to back?

Duration isn’t that much of an issue for me. I’m passionate enough about lifting that I make time.[/quote]

You can run them back to back or change. If one works well, you can run it again and again. I think deloads are more by feel, but yes, you are supposed to take them.

Duration isn’t that much of an issue for me. I’m passionate enough about lifting that I make time.[/quote]

The elitefts page for sheiko says to do first 29 followed by 37. You can change lifts in them too so if you did repeat one it does not have to be identical to the first time. Do a few as written though until you get a better feel for the program.

Ok so to reiterate how to cycle through programs. Each monthly training routine is roughly 4 weeks long. You then add 5lbs to your bench totals, and 10lbs on your lowerbody totals. Then depending on how the particular routine you are doing is progressing you can either stick with that build or move on to another one or cycle two. Weight progression for the major lifts really is the only thing I’m not certain on currently.

That BMF Sheiko thing is excellent, but the excel spreadsheet link was dead. Do you have a copy? Any other links to genuine 13-week sheiko ones for intermediates? (not the T-Nation version)

I’m not sure which spreadsheet you’re referring to. Did you try asking someone on that board? Just run something like 29-37-32. Should be easy to track down.

I have a spreadsheet that has most of the popular ones with calculated weights and all. I forget where I got it from though.

The ChaseT spreadsheet compendium?

[quote]bcingu wrote:
I’m not sure which spreadsheet you’re referring to. Did you try asking someone on that board? Just run something like 29-37-32. Should be easy to track down.[/quote]

When running those sheiko programs (29-37-32) does a progression of 5lbs to benchpress total and 10lbs to squat/deadlift apply?

Ok so to reiterate how to cycle through programs. Each monthly training routine is roughly 4 weeks long. You then add 5lbs to your bench totals, and 10lbs on your lowerbody totals. Then depending on how the particular routine you are doing is progressing you can either stick with that build or move on to another one or cycle two. Weight progression for the major lifts really is the only thing I’m not certain on currently.

That BMF Sheiko thing is excellent, but the excel spreadsheet link was dead. Do you have a copy? Any other links to genuine 13-week sheiko ones for intermediates? (not the T-Nation version)

[/quote]

I got a copy of the sheiko spreadsheets from this site: http://www.manhavenproject.com/
under the spread sheet tab they have one that has a bunch of Sheiko programs aswell as smolov and Russian squat cycle all in one spread sheet.

Do Sheiko 29-37-32 and 6.25lbs at the end of each cycle for weight progression

6.25*80% = 5lbs. Typically the top weights you deal with is 80%, so there’s a continuous progression.

I guess the thing I’m having difficulty is there isn’t really a resource website I’ve been able to fine that has clearly defined ways to progress for sheiko. like 5/3/1 cleary outlines 5lbs upper/10lbs lower even smolov has a type of clearly outlined progression. Is there a resource site that gives that information?

[quote]detazathoth wrote:
Do Sheiko 29-37-32 and 6.25lbs at the end of each cycle for weight progression

6.25*80% = 5lbs. Typically the top weights you deal with is 80%, so there’s a continuous progression.[/quote]

Are 29-37-32 considered separate cycles for the purposes of adding that weight?

I guess the thing I’m having difficulty is there isn’t really a resource website I’ve been able to fine that has clearly defined ways to progress for sheiko. like 5/3/1 cleary outlines 5lbs upper/10lbs lower even smolov has a type of clearly outlined progression. Is there a resource site that gives that information?[/quote]

I don’t mean to sound like a broken record, but you can get firm answers for all of these questions at the BMF forum, from guys with years of Sheiko experience. Just register and ask.

[quote]bcingu wrote:

I guess the thing I’m having difficulty is there isn’t really a resource website I’ve been able to fine that has clearly defined ways to progress for sheiko. like 5/3/1 cleary outlines 5lbs upper/10lbs lower even smolov has a type of clearly outlined progression. Is there a resource site that gives that information?[/quote]

I don’t mean to sound like a broken record, but you can get firm answers for all of these questions at the BMF forum, from guys with years of Sheiko experience. Just register and ask.[/quote]

That forum looks mostly dead dude. The guy who owns it Dave Bates or whatever was last on in July of 2011, so I don’t think he will be active enough to answer my questions. I made an account and posted anyway. Regardless if you or anyone else can answer my questions regarding sheiko, I’d appreciate it.

Just run it.