Sheiko Questions (Tried Search)

I plan on starting Sheiko #29

Before I ask, I follow a Texas Method approach to my training. My intensity days are 5/3/1 based rep schemes. I have also had experience with high volume squatting while doing Smolov.

On to the questions…

1. When Finished with #29, do I immediately test my maxes?
  2. How do I know what program to go on to next? Ive seen people go on to 37, why not 30?
  3. Conditioning/GPP…is Prowler/Sled Work allowed? If so, at what intensity?

Thank you. I look forward to your responses!

[quote]jarhead316 wrote:
I plan on starting Sheiko #29

Before I ask, I follow a Texas Method approach to my training. My intensity days are 5/3/1 based rep schemes. I have also had experience with high volume squatting while doing Smolov.

On to the questions…

1. When Finished with #29, do I immediately test my maxes?
  2. How do I know what program to go on to next? Ive seen people go on to 37, why not 30?
  3. Conditioning/GPP…is Prowler/Sled Work allowed? If so, at what intensity?

Thank you. I look forward to your responses![/quote]

1. I would do 37, followed by 32 and then test.
  2. I didn’t do 30 because the volume is pretty high. 29, 37, 32 is a pretty standard first run through Sheiko.
  3. I wouldn’t do much of this and what you do, do at a low intensity. The volume on Sheiko is a lot to adjust to at first.

Thanks for the reply. Do I need to take a break between the cycle?

EDIT: I guess that makes bring up the question of how do you know which cycles to do and in the order you perform them in.

So run 29-27-32 for 12 weeks - no break just straight through. During this cycle you need to be making sure you eat well, sleep well, get in some active recovery if you can (IE 60-65% max heart rate for 30 minutes) and be sure and stretch/foam roll if you can. You can track your morning heart rate and make sure it’s not going haywire. Use realistic maxes for sq/dl and you can probably up the BP max by 5% safely.

As to why to not run 30… I have run 30 and I would say it is roughly the equivalent as hard as running sheiko 29 mon,wed,fri and sheiko 37 Tues,thurs,sat all in 4 weeks…

[quote]arramzy wrote:
So run 29-27-32 for 12 weeks - no break just straight through. During this cycle you need to be making sure you eat well, sleep well, get in some active recovery if you can (IE 60-65% max heart rate for 30 minutes) and be sure and stretch/foam roll if you can. You can track your morning heart rate and make sure it’s not going haywire. Use realistic maxes for sq/dl and you can probably up the BP max by 5% safely.

As to why to not run 30… I have run 30 and I would say it is roughly the equivalent as hard as running sheiko 29 mon,wed,fri and sheiko 37 Tues,thurs,sat all in 4 weeks…[/quote]

Jeez that does sound rough.

Thanks for the advice. Warming up with ballistic and dynamic movements is a staple to my training. I noticed on smolov I definitely did A LOT more foam rolling. Now in my TM template I just do about 20-30 reps on the IT band and back, on Smolov I remember putting a good 20 minutes of foam rolling each day to alleviate lactic acid build up.

I recall people upping the % on bench so I will definitely look into that. I need to test a new Bench max likely today so I will add about 5-10 lbs to that for my calculations.

Thank you so much for the help, everyone!