Sheiko Question

Im looking at week 1 day 3 on the sheiko #37 plan, and it sais to preform squats with reps 5+5x5.

Can someone just clarify what this rep scheme means, and tell me if I am suppose to use heavy weights or not.

bump

It means five each leg…like 1,1,2,2,3,3,4,4,5,5

[quote]Pipes06 wrote:
It means five each leg…like 1,1,2,2,3,3,4,4,5,5[/quote]

So I do 2 sets of 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5?

And should I be going heavy or what?

well squats scissors are like stepping lunges so youll just do 5 sets. So like youll step out with the right foot 5 times and left foot 5 times. Tbh, i am not sure on weight or whatever i actually replaced that with front squats lol :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]Pipes06 wrote:
well squats scissors are like stepping lunges so youll just do 5 sets. So like youll step out with the right foot 5 times and left foot 5 times. Tbh, i am not sure on weight or whatever i actually replaced that with front squats lol :-P[/quote]

Oh, alright. I thought they meant regular squats when they said squat scissors. Thanks for the clarification.

Remember Sheiko programs are usually floating around in the form of rough Russian translations, so words that are not a direct translation like “lunges” will be called something else.

For any common unilateral movement such as lunges you should assume 5 reps means 5 reps per leg not 5 total reps. Regarding load stick to something challenging like you would in a typical 5x5 program, I don’t see a program with increasing load on a second or third set but you should not be missing reps.