T Nation

Sheiko or Smolov?

I did 29 and have gone onto 30 with single ply gear for a meet coming up at the end of March. First time ever using Sheiko going into a meet but already feel stronger than ever. Been a learning curve adjusting 30 for gear but feel like I’m on the right track. Comparing 30 to 29 the volume is a lot more and the workouts do take longer and much more taxing.

Just finished first week of 32. My bench and deadlift continue to feel light. My 85% for both is going up like nothing. However the past week and a half my squat has felt like shit. No idea why. Might be because of classes and exams but im not really sure what to do right now. I was thinking about upping my calories a bit this weekend and seeing how monday feels and if its still rough possibly taking a deload. any advice?

32 ramps down a LOT. If you already made it past the mock meet, I wouldn’t deload.

Update: tested my maxes after being sick a couple days.

Ran 29 using 150/105/140 for maxes. The squat and deadlift were a very conservative max, while I did plus 5% for the bench. All weights in kg and I weigh around 77kg right now.

Hit three new PRs: 165/105 (paused)/165. The deadlift came up but would’ve been red flagged at a meet. The bench was a mega grind. Almost got 170 for he squat, was probably good for 167.5.

Pretty happy with my results. Gonna repeat 29 with 160/110 for squat and bench, then do my own stuff for deads (I wanna switch to conventional and will need more practice for it). I would probably program more conservative again (155/107.5) but I plan on eating a lot so it should be ok.

I was told by a buddy who totals over 1700 to run 29-30-31-32. I’m about to finish 29 and so far it has been really easy other than deadlifts being extremely hard on the hands; even with straps, my callouses get ripped off. Overall, I’m happy that I can do each set with good form and not having to rest a long time and psych up between every set. In that sense, Sheiko is actually mentally easier than what I was doing before.

Starting maxes were 340/250/420; probably adding 10/5/5 for the next month.

RUNNING SHEIKO THIS MONTH IM FLIPPIN JACKED UP!!!
UNLOAD THE PRE WORKOUT AND CUE UP THE ROCKY 4 SOUNDTRACK!!!
im stoked and want to hear peoples results running sheiko.

where’d you get your template?

[quote]bhssophomore wrote:
[/quote]

I found a bulk spread sheet with every sheiko program in the file.
theres about ten pages. for every program.
im running #37 and its awesome so far.
I dont know how i would send it to you could i attach it to a PM?

[quote]aceshigh92 wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

For anyone interested, it’s already been uploaded through Google Docs (very convenient!). Just download and then manipulate it through Docs again, or Microsoft Excel, or iWork Numbers, or whatever.

[quote]aceshigh92 wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hey sorry man I didn’t see your response. I actually got a template from another thread. I believe it’s the same as the ones on elitefts. However I just started my second cycle and would like to take a look at some other templates, so if you could still pm that to me it would be much appreciated.

bhs, it’s the same spreadsheet I posted, I’m fairly certain. It’s been making the rounds on bb.com for years, but can be on the difficult side to find.