Sheiko CMS Gear Question

I wanted to know if anyone has had any success or know of any programming ideas, suggestions or even templates of using Sheiko CMS with single ply gear?

Try to get ahold of arramzy

Straight from an old board where one of the original translators of Sheiko posts:

SQUAT:
"80% - old suit, straps down + old wraps
85% - same, maybe tighter wraps
90% - old suit, straps up + old wraps
95%+ - full battle rattle

This is pretty much exactly what Big Boris says in one of his translated letters/emails too.

You get most support out of your suit if you can sit back into it. Box squats help you do this so I’ve always included them in the cycles, as a raw movement. I think this has helped get my glutes strong and are one of the reasons why the squat is my best (equipped) lift."

BENCH:

You need to add in tricep/lockout work, manipulate percentages so that you can do more board presses versus full ROM.

A lot of the single-ply sheiko lifters were using 37 and the Sheiko 5-week competition cycle.

*note, I dont train single-ply, this info is just from reading the book, sheiko forums, and talking to those who have train Sheiko for a very long time.

[quote]Achilles of war wrote:
Straight from an old board where one of the original translators of Sheiko posts:

SQUAT:
"80% - old suit, straps down + old wraps
85% - same, maybe tighter wraps
90% - old suit, straps up + old wraps
95%+ - full battle rattle

This is pretty much exactly what Big Boris says in one of his translated letters/emails too.

You get most support out of your suit if you can sit back into it. Box squats help you do this so I’ve always included them in the cycles, as a raw movement. I think this has helped get my glutes strong and are one of the reasons why the squat is my best (equipped) lift."

BENCH:

You need to add in tricep/lockout work, manipulate percentages so that you can do more board presses versus full ROM.

A lot of the single-ply sheiko lifters were using 37 and the Sheiko 5-week competition cycle.

*note, I dont train single-ply, this info is just from reading the book, sheiko forums, and talking to those who have train Sheiko for a very long time.

[/quote]

Thank you for that reply

I have been reading sheiko forums and trying to get into contact with lifters who use the same system and I came up to that realization that you stated above.

For squats I do just that, 70% I use wraps, 80% suit on but straps down with with a belt,85%+ I put the straps up. I run the whole squat cycle on my geared squat as I have a single ply competition coming up in 9 weeks so I don’t see the point plugging in raw numbers.

For the bench I work up full range of motion till 75% where I throw either a 2 or a 3 board and from 80 - 85%+ I put my shirt on.

Right now I’m doing suited squats on a monday, deadlift suit on wednesday and friday shirted bench day, saturday is also geared deadlift day. Again it just depends on my % being used.

After this comp I got a raw one 2 weeks later which I will run a deload #32

Afterwards I’m taking a long off-season and working through the cms prep cycles all raw to build up quality strength and next year throw gear back on.