T Nation

Sheiko, A Plan.

I recently had a thread up about how to most effectively set up the sheiko template and here’s what I’ve come up with for the first 2 weeks. Hopefully it’s along the right lines;

(FYI - only top sets listed, they’re gotten to by working up over vaying percentages as outlined in the original prep cycle)

WEEK1
MONDAY:
Squat: 80% 5x2
3 Board Press: 80% 6x3
Flys 5x10
Pause Sqaut: 80% 5x4
Standing Abs: 3x10

WEDNESDAY:
Sumos: 80% 5x3
Bench: The big 13 set pyramid up to 80% and then back to 50%
Face Pulls: 5x10
Sumos: 70% 5x4
GMs: 5x5

FRIDAY:
Bench: 80% 5x3
Beltless Squat: 80% 5x3
Close Grip Bench: 75% 5x3
Flys: 5x10

SATURDAY:
Sumos: 60% 4x2
Incline Bench: 6x4
Dips: 5x6
Rack Pulls: 90% 4x2
Pull thrus: 3x15

WEEK2
MONDAY:
Bench: 85% 3x2
Beltless Squat: 80% 5x3
3 Board Press: 75% 4x4
Face Pulls: 5x10

WEDNESDAY:
Sumos: 65% 4x2
Bench: The big 13 set pyramid up to 80% and then back to 50%
Dumbbell Row: 1x20-25 (kroc rows!)
Sumos: 80% 5x3
GMs: 5x5

FRIDAY:
Squat: 80% 5x3
Close Grip Bench: 75% 5x3
Flys: 5x10
Pause Squat: 70% 4x4

SATURDAY:
Behind the neck press: 5x5 (relatively light for to help with shoulder flexability)
Incline Press: 6x4
Dips: 5x8
Rack Pulls: 75% 4x2
Wide Stance Pull thrus: 3x15

So, how does that look?

Critique requested, and appreciated!

Looks good. you stuck pretty close to the template. How long are you running the program?

[quote]robo1 wrote:
Looks good. you stuck pretty close to the template. How long are you running the program?[/quote]

I’m workign out the next 2 weeks at the moment so I’ll try and get them up later.

I’m gonna run the prep cycle for the next 4 weeks, then take 5 days off and retest my maxes, not all out max effort stuff, but not easy either. Think 2nd attempt sorta lifts, ones i know I can get from how the warm ups go.

Then I’m off on holidays so it gives me a chance to recover.

I then see 2 options, re-run the cycle with increased weight, OR tackle Smolov.

I really want to try smolov and the fact it’s summer and I’ve no oter real commitments it’s the perfect time to try it. I’ll see how the prep cycle goes before making any descisions.

Whatcha think of that idea?

looks pretty good but if you start to feel real beat up id drop the good mornings at the end

I’m on the beginners I Sheiko right now (4th week) and what you have planned out looks pretty damn good so make sure you post those next 2 weeks

have you done sheiko before? and if so did you have a deloading week after to retest all the maxs or did you just go into number II?