Sheiko 3-Day Under 80kg. Not Enough Deadlift Work?

That’s what I explained to you about two weeks ago. Volume and intensity fluctuations are very specific and logical in this training methodology. Don’t underestimate the sophistication of the program. Train you as it is written.

Pinky went on holiday and lost all his gains

It defies logic, unless you were not able to recover from your previous training. One exception would be if you took a week or two off, or an extended deload, you would become more responsive to training (repeated bout effect) and theoretically could get the same or even better gains off an easier program.

Another exception:

If your technique is shit and you are lifting weights that you can’t handle well then a reduction in volume and intensity could end up working in your favor. This doesn’t seem to be @guineapig’s case though.

There’s been a lot of input plenty of it conflicting lol but maybe this can provide some good for thought. This is the kind of session I’d do twice a week this one is from late last year

If you have such serious doubts about this program, which are not unfounded either, then I don’t see why you should go ahead with it. I don’t recommend trying to modify this sort of program unless you really know what you are doing, I wouldn’t know how to modify it appropriately either. Unless there is a higher volume program on the cellphone app then consider something else. Take a look at the sample programs on the Norwegian PL site, it’s styrkeloft.no - use google translate unless you happen to be fluent in Norwegian. The training style is similar to Sheiko but has you doing all three lifts or variations each week. It is written for people competing in gear but there are directions on how to modify the programs right there on the same site.

If that doesn’t appeal to you then just keep it simple, alternate between high volume/hypertrophy phases and high intensity strength phases. It’s not that complicated, build muscle and get stronger in higher rep ranges and then reduce reps, increase intensity, and go for some PRs. Then repeat. Watch the Juggernaut videos on programming if you don’t know what I’m talking about. I can help you set this up if you don’t know what you are doing.

I had a watch of the Juggernaut videos I can see a lot of it being applied in Sheiko’s program. Like khangles was saying right now it’s just a bit funky with the overload principle

I like Sheiko style and principles but I’m still uncertain as to where to go from here. On the Sheiko forums there’s guys who do their own Sheiko style programs. Some made small changes to existing programs other made lots of changes until it was pretty much unrecognisable and some built theres from scratch. Some guys even fused stuff like RTS and RPE with Sheiko somehow

Chris Ottawa Coaching sounds like fun though lol

The fuck man, I give you the biggest discount of the century on 1 on 1 private coaching and booty posing and you just diss me like that. stab me in the back. hurts dude.

1 Like

What sort of results are they getting? I personally wouldn’t try to do that unless I fully understand the logic and thought process that goes into Sheiko’s programs. His book is supposed to be translated into English at some point and I imagine that would explain a lot. Mike Tuchscherer made an RPE-based version of one of Sheiko’s programs, you might be able to find it on the RTS site but its doesn’t look too exciting. RPE doesn’t really seem appropriate for determining working weights in this style of training because the RPE would be too low. 80%x2 is what, @5-6?

These are nonsense from people who don’t know how think correctly and who have no patience… Usually a pasquil arises from such behavior.

1 Like

Friggin’ Pasquils!

Also, 80% x 2 is pretty easy the first time. But 2 minutes and 7 sets later, it feels a little tougher.

2 Likes

Pretty much. They get caught up in the RPE hype and want to use it for everything, even if it makes no sense.

Do you know why? Because they see something in this nonsense that “brings” them gold without a drop of sweat. Classic laziness and a small intelligence quotient. I don’t like these people.

True, how can you figure out working weights if the first set is supposed to be x2@5? Bryce Lewis uses (for his clients) submaximal work similar to Sheiko and you are supposed to take note of RPE for the last set. If it is too hard or too easy then things can be adjusted based on that. I like the idea of RPE or “reps in reserve” to determine if the weight I’m using is appropriate or if I should stop the set a rep earlier, but I’m not a fan of Mike T’s RPE style. I did that for a while and decided it wasn’t for me, part of the problem is that you don’t move the weights up until they feel easier so if everything always feels hard and heavy then what do you do? Sometimes you just have to push yourself and look at the actual performance rather than trying to figure how many more reps you could have done.

1 Like